Most of the southern region of Baa'sek is cut off from the rest of the continent by the dense, dangerous Tengel Rainforest. Much of what isn't forest is swamp lands, with the Baian Swamp covering the majority of the coast. Most cities exist along the edges of the rain forests, particularly in a divide just on the eastern limits of Baa'sek. Lamenolai lies to the north while the Slums lie to the south.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baa'sek

Re: No Angels [P; Isalynne and I] [E]

Postby Isalynne » 07/31/2018 4:22 PM

Kai smirked, and gave a small nod in response. Yeah, it was rather nice. Aella was too sweet to actually do anything about him ransacking her candy supplies, and he was too fast for Cecil to catch. Cecil forever got the blame for the eating of the bonbons. Getting away with things was his idea of fun.

"Hold on, I might have to.." He reached out to jiggle the door handle, only to find the door unlocked, and opening without trouble. ".. Oh. Well, come on in."

The shop's interior was dark, but homey even so - it had an air of antiquity, carefully preserved from days gone by. Curled up on an armchair off to the side of the counter was an enormous brown tabby cat; it regarded them with glinting green eyes.

"Hey. Go get Aella."

The cat seemed to sigh in annoyance before leaping from its spot and sauntering away, to the back.
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1615
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/31/2018 4:37 PM

Cyril followed him in, looking around at the shelves and decor with a charmed air. Despite the rather odd street it slept on, the candy store felt comfortable and almost protected, a respite from the shadowy thoughts that had been chasing Cyril since he'd come to in the nightclub.

The cat drew his attention, his blood chilling slightly at the almost humanlike attentiveness to the cat's eyes. He watched it as it left, then looked back at Kai, smiling slightly. "Well trained cat," he commented, a bit nervous in his words. "What's its name?"

Talking helped, really. Helped him feel a bit less like this might not be real. The mood that hung in the air of the shop felt... well, he'd be embarrassed to say so, but it felt rather magical. In a way that made the hair on the back of his neck stand up, made him restless, as he shifted his weight from leg to leg.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Isalynne » 07/31/2018 4:50 PM

Kai was amazed that the cat had deigned to listen to him at all. Cecil was famously finicky, and prided himself on answering to no one but himself, and yet he was open to being ordered around all of a sudden. He would assume that it was politeness in front of an unfamiliar face, to refrain from an argument. Not that he personally gave a damn about what Cyril thought of him.

"Cecil," He answered. "He sucks."

ImageImage

Footsteps could soon be heard descending the stairs, and then -- two figures, appearing from around the doorframe at the back. One, small and curly-haired, and the other taller, more imposing, with an amused tilt to his lips.

"Kai?" The female was cautious. "Who is this?"
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/31/2018 5:00 PM

What an odd name for a cat. Then again, it wasn't terribly uncommon to name cats after people, he supposed. Cyril jumped slightly at the sound of footsteps, directing his gaze to the source--and blinking when two people appeared, suddenly feeling a bit small. One looked concerned, the other smug--was it really alright for him to be there?

He realized, suddenly, that he hadn't even introduced his name to the person who led him there. Nor did he know that person's name. Embarrassed, Cyril stood up a little straighter, adjusting his suit jacket a bit by the lapels. "Cyril," he said, offering a small smile, then walking a few steps closer to hold out a hand to shake, to whoever would take it. Politeness ingrained, even when scared. "I, uh... he... that one there, brought me here. I've... been having some trouble with something. He said you'd be, ah, 'interested?'"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Isalynne » 07/31/2018 6:21 PM

The woman was the one to step forward, with a nervous but welcoming smile, and took Cyril's hand in two of hers to shake it. Her touch was gentle, and ghosted away from him almost reluctantly - her eyes were already shining with concern by the time their greeting was over.

"Hello, darling," She spoke softly. "I'm Aella.. this is Cecil--"

"They've already met," Kai interrupted. Though, he hadn't taken the time to consider how confusing that would be for the boy.

Cecil was no cat - well, not any more. Instead, he was a man, with the same piercing eyes in a more.. humanly attractive face.

"Kai said y'had some trouble," The cat man began. "Feelin' chatty?"
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/16/2018 2:48 AM

Cyril felt more at ease, with this woman--she had kind eyes, and a gentle touch, things he wasn't quite used to in such a sincere manner. He smiled back at her, shaken by the night's events but still managing something soft and polite--but then, confusion flickered on his face at the name. And then, at his guide's words.

"No we--didn't..." Cyril trailed off, slowly looking back at the man called Cecil, and stared at those green eyes for a few heartbeats as the man spoke, voice honey-smooth and low. He felt a warm chill run up his spine, and he blinked hurriedly, bringing a hand up to rub at his face. "Ahh... y-yeah. Yeah... so as far as I remember..."

Cyril told them everything he'd told Kai, in the park, but with a bit more detail and a bit less halting panic. It felt a little more clear in his mind, now, even though most of the run from the club to the park had been a blur. When he finished his voice was meeker, a worried tension in his throat as he swallowed around it. "And... truthfully... that's all that I can tell you."

[Event posts end here]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous