Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: An Unexpected Crash and a Crazed Scientist (Jed and I) [

Postby Jedi » 06/03/2013 8:24 PM

"Thank you for your hospitality" Norr said as they walked outside. Dusk was almost here and they were headed towards a small ground-based vehicle. It's crude shape and primitave technology almost made Des snicker, but Norr managed to elbow him in the rib before it could escape his mouth. They climbed in the small steel and plastic car. Des couldn't help but comment "Now I know what a kolto shipment feels like." Norr couldn't help but let out a small laugh too, but quickly silenced himself out of respect for Navvos.

The ride to Navvos' house was a little awkward, but it was shorter than they expected. They stopped in front of a decently big house. "These things go really slow compared to my landspeeder back home," Des said, yet again accidentally insulting Navvos' car. They climbed out of the car as Des continued, "Just saying." Norr slapped him on the back of the head, trying to shut him up out of sheer embarrassment. "What was that for?" Norr decided not to answer and instead turned his attention to Navvos.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 06/03/2013 8:30 PM

"No problem." Navvos shrugged. "I mean, hey, it's probably strange being in a place where you don't know anyone. And with your transportation busted up, you'll need a place to stay." He didn't say anything during the ride, but he did keep glancing at both the strangers in the rear-view mirror. He didn't understand half of what they said. Kolto shipment? Landspeeder? For the first time, Navvos wondered if maybe they actually had come from somewhere else...somewhere other than Evelon. He decided that he'd ask them...after dinner.

"Alright, make yourself comfortable." Navvos unlocked the door and held it open. "The living room's right here, plenty of couch and chair space to sit at. You can watch TV or listen to the radio. I have an Xbox360, although I rarely have time to play it, so maybe you'll find a game you like?" He shrugged. "Anyways, you guys like lasagna? It'll take a while to cook, but I can bring something out as a small snack while you wait. Besides, I make the best lasagna in the area." He grinned, hoping that perhaps his talking in a friendly, calm manner would lighten everyone's mood and make it less awkward.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7189
Donate

Postby Jedi » 06/03/2013 9:34 PM

They could make out half of what he was pointing out, but a lot of it was a moot point trying to explain to them. They didn't know what an ex-box 3-6T was, and they couldn't tell if lazanya was a food or an activity. It was all very confusing. They decided to sit down on the couches he'd mentioned. At least they knew what he meant these were. Norr tried not to damage it, thinking it might be fragile, but Des convinced him otherwise when he flopped down next to him. "Come on, you gotta relax," Des said. Norr decided to take his advice and fell back into the cushions of the sofa.

The couch was facing some sort of large terminal screen. Norr saw a couple of miniature keyboards laying on the short table before them. He grabbed one and pressed the red button in the top-right corner of it. The screen lit up, the room filled with noise and Norr and Des reacted wildly to the screen and loud sounds coming from the walls. "We're under attack!" Norr yelled, barely audible over the volume. "It's gotta be a trick! Or something!" yelled Des. "Hit the button again!" Norr panickingly fumbled the remote in his hand and pressed the red button again. The screen went black again, the sound halted and Des asked "What the hell was that?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 06/04/2013 2:16 PM

((Sorry if it's slightly short, love. I'm not feeling well...but you'll probably know that far before reading this, haha))

Navvos watched as they settled onto the couch, and then headed towards the kitchen, satisfied that they would be alright. There had been a slight 'blank' look to them while Navvos was speaking and he wondered how much of what he was saying they had understood. Did they even know what an Xbox was? Or lasagna? Oh well, they'd most likely be alright. Navvos began to prepare the ingredients for the lasagna, when he heard shouting from the living room.

Hurrying in, he stared in shock as the panicked at the sight of the TV before finally getting it to turn off. "Umm...guys? You do realize that this is just a television, right? You use it to watch movies, or the news, or to play games. You've never seen a tv before?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 06/07/2013 9:29 PM

As Navvos popped into view, Norr turned the screen off. Navvos asked if they knew it was just a television and, for a few seconds, Norr and Des stood there for several seconds before Des asked "Well, why the hell was it so loud?" and started walking off before he could even answer. "Sorry about that. It won't happen again," said Norr. Once again, before the reply could be spoken, Des asked, "What's with all that stuff in there? Is that the lasagna you talked about? Cause it looks like a pile of useless crap. Or were you not finished making it?" Des started rummaging through the dry rippled sheets of pasta, jars of tomato paste, and bowls of shredded cheese. "I guess it'll do," he said as he bit into a sheet, making a loud crunch that split it in three pieces. He then looked at Navvos and rudely asked "What?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 06/10/2013 7:46 PM

Navvos had no idea what to do. Des seemed to be incredibly rude and selfish, while Norr was left with the guilt. Plus, if Des kept biting into the uncooked lasagna like that, he was going to ruin the dinner! Realizing that he had to do something, Navvos decided that whether or not he'd be considered the 'bad guy' he had to set some ground rules.

"Alright, here's how things are gonna work," he said. "Des, you are in my house. Like it or not, you have no where else to stay - at least not safely. Your attitude is unacceptable, and if it continues, you'll be finding a new place to stay. No, the dinner is not done, although you're very close to ruining it. Now, if you two would excuse me, I'm going to finish the dinner. If you could find some way to occupy yourselves that would not ruin anything or get in the way, I'd be extremely appreciative."

With that, he hustled both of them out of the kitchen and then closed the door behind them.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 06/22/2013 12:37 AM

Des got the point that Navvos was trying to get across, and with that, he left the kitchen, apologizing "My bad. I'll get out of your way. So what should we-" *SLAM* "do?" he tried asking before Navvos slammed the door on them. "I guess we should just wait on the sofa," Norr suggested. Norr sat down, but Des couldn't stay seated without something to do, and instead looked around the room for anything to distract his mind. He looked down at where Norr had set the remote to the TV. "What are you doing, Des," his pale friend asked before he grabbed the remote and studied it briefly. "There's gotta be something on here for noise control. Here it is," he stated before turning the television on and promptly lowering the volume on the TV. "Now I wonder if there's anything interesting on this 'television.'"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 06/25/2013 3:33 AM

Trying hard to push away his irritation, Navvos set his mind on the preparation of dinner. Surprisingly enough, it actually worked. As he set about making the meal, he found himself calming down until he was once again able to smile slightly as a familiar song from the radio, which he had previously turned on, came on. Humming slightly, he slid the almost-finished lasagna into the oven to finish cooking. It was almost done, but the top of it wasn't quite as melted as Navvos would like.

A bit worried about whether or not Des would continue to annoy him, he contemplated simply remaining in the kitchen until it was done. Finally, he decided that while he would stay in the kitchen, he needed a couple extra pairs of hands to help him get the table ready.

"Norr? Des?" He opened the door slightly. They had settled in to watch TV it seemed, although Navvos didn't take the time to see what they were watching. "The lasagna is almost done? Would you guys mind helping me set the table?" Ushering them in, he pointed to a few drawers and cupboards, saying, "The silverware can be found in here, and the cups and plates are in these drawers right next to each other. I'll grab a few napkins and bring out some drinks."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 06/26/2013 7:19 PM

They heard Navvos calling for their help just as he opened the door to the kitchen. "Yes, we'd appreciate a chance at returning the kindness you've shown," Norr said. Norr then quickly told Des "We can't screw this up Des. Can you promise you'll be civil?" Des shook his head in agreement before Navvos instructed where the kitchen utensils were. They quietly set the appropriate dishes in their corresponding places on the table. After it was set, Des politely apologized to Navvos. "I'm sorry about bothering you earlier. I'll be sure to be on my best behavior from now on. Can you forgive me?" he asked before the oven went off, startling him...

While they were conversing over dinner, Norr asked Navvos "is there were any way we could return in the morning to the crash site? I'd like to scavenge what little was left of our shuttle. Also, is there anything we can do to repay you for your hospitality?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/20/2014 10:03 AM

The guests did a great job at setting the table, and Navvos nodded approvingly. "Everything seems to be in order. Now we just have to wait for it to finish baking."

When Des had apologized, it had caught Navvos off guard. He simply smiled and waved off the apology. "All is forgiven. I'm sure that the stress of the crash was quite a nerve-wrecking experience. You could have died - both of you. It's understandable that you're a bit shaken." The oven timer went off, and Navvos scurried to get the lasagna before it burned.

After scooping a generous portion of lasagna onto each man's plate, including his own, Navvos motioned to the food. "Des, I think you'll find that the dish tastes quite a bit better cooked." He said with a sly smile. He then turned to respond to Norr. "Of course. I have the day off tomorrow, so I can help gather everything that isn't completely damaged. Maybe we can find the parts you need to repair your ship online - if not, maybe there's a way to manufacture them ourselves. It's doubtful, honestly," he warned. "But worth a shot. As for repaying me, you really needn't worry about it. If you feel the need to help, however, I wouldn't mind someone helping to clean up every now and then. I tend to be, ah, a bit forgetful when it comes to cleaning." He smiled sheepishly.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/20/2014 10:48 AM

Steam from the food drifted to Des' nose, inviting him to chow down. "It smells good," he replied. "Tastes good too," Norr added. They ate their food very respectfully, making sure not to upset Navvos. They were pleased with Navvos offering his cooperation, and thus thanked him. Norr then acknowledged his arrangement, "So in the morning then, and as for now, we'll help clean up.What do you use to clean, I wonder."

After dinner, They went to work putting everything in pristine conditon. Norr and Des had finished cleaning the floors and now were focusing on the dishes. Des washed while Norr rinsed while also utilizing his force connection to set new filthy dishes in the sink once room was available and drying off the clean ones with a towel and setting them in the cupboards.

When the sun rose, Norr made sure to wake Des then their host. "Navvos, it's morning. Time to wake up."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 04/29/2014 9:20 PM

"Good, I'm glad you like it." Navvos was surprised by how respectful they were being. It was actually a bit odd, with the lack of small talk. It took him a while to realize that hey were afraid to upset him. He laughed. "You know, you don't have to worry about being too polite. I was stressed out earlier, and I shouldn't have snapped the way I did. You don't have to act too hard to keep me calm. I'm usually not easily angered." That was partially true. His other half was very easily angered...but Navvos would keep him at bay, at all costs.

He then explained to his guests what he used to clean, and how each thing was used. "You don't have to clean everything, and certainly not right away," he added. "Just a bit here and there." Obviously, 'just a bit' turned out to be a lot more than Navvos had assumed. Both Norr and Des did a splendid job of cleaning up, and Navvos praised them before retiring to his bedroom for the night.

The next morning, he awoke to Norr's voice. "Ah, thank you." He said, sitting up. "I'll just get dressed, and then we'll head out. We can get breakfast on the way. I don't know whether or not you boys have tried waffles yet, but I'm sure you'll like them!"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 07/30/2014 8:56 PM

Norr and Des enjoyed the breakfast, stuffing their faces as much as they could without looking like complete pigs. They tried keeping the conversation steady, but after they had all three finished, Norr commented, "The meal was delicious, but with all do respect, I'd like to check on our ship." Last thing he remembered about the ship was a steady stream of smoke rising from the hull. But Norr was the best mechanic in the galaxy. If he couldn't fix it, no one can.

When they got to the site, all there was were large pieces of warped metal scattered about the field. In the center, a large crater. It was hopeless. "Great," said Des. "How are we gonna get home. The only hope we have now is if we come upon another of those wormholes." Norr interrupted "Even if we did, we'd have to have a decent ship to fly through it." He pondered. A few seconds of thought later, he turned to Navvos and asked "Is it okay if we board with you? I'll get a job as a local mechanic. Hopefully, I'll be able to pay you back for the kindness you've shown us."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/01/2014 12:00 AM

((Ugh. Sorry for short post, hon))

Whatever type of ship his unexpected visitors had flown, it was definitely out of Navvos' branch of science. He watched as they sorted through the scattered debris, arms crossed except for when he nervously ran his hand through his hair, which was often. He felt as if he should be of more help, but what was there for him to do when he wasn't quite sure what they were doing?

"Of course you can stay. It's not like I don't have the room." Navvos waved away Norr's offer to repay him. "Don't worry about it. You can stay for free if you like. My job pays pretty well, and I could use the company anyways. My sister tends to stay every so often rent-free, and she sometimes brings a friend or two. I'm used to supporting others on my paycheck."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 08/01/2014 11:07 AM

"Thank you, Navvos," Norr said.He was about to continue speaking when he saw something from the corner of his eye. He walked over to the comms array. "I think if I can get this up and running, I could send an SOS. It'll take a long time for anyone to get it, though. It'll take at least a couple of days to fix it alone." He thought about their circumstance. If Norr could get enough income, he'd be able to buy some resources to reroute power to the communications. It'll take a long time to get that kind of money, especially since he intended on repaying Navvos. Never the less, he could see them going home. "Are you done yet?" Des was getting impatient. "It's really boring standing here watching you think." Norr glared at him, then sighed. "Alright, let's go."

When they got back to Navvos' house, Norr asked "Do you know anyone who needs mechanical work done? I'd like to help out financially. Plus, we'll be out of your hair the sooner we find income." He turned to Des. "What're you looking at me for?" Des asked. "It'll be best if you find work too." Des simply nodded. "The sooner we get off this rock, the better. Hey Navvos, know of any places looking for a bartender?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext