Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

The Whimsical Tall Tales {Self}

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/26/2015 2:39 PM

There on street called Maple Center in a house that look like every other, lived a girl that could only be in simple terms known as spoiled. Her last birthday she didn't just receive one T.V. but two! What could one small child do with two televisions, why of course brag to her friends that not only can she watch the game but now the annual dog show as well. Funny little thing though that she would never tell, she didn't practically like sports nor icky mutts that pranced around. So why you ask does she not only brag about it but watch it as well; well because that is of course what is normal in this cookie-cutter neighborhood of hers. (Cookie-cutter meaning in this passage similar or almost exactly the same.)
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Re: The Whimsical Tall Tales {Self}

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/26/2015 2:40 PM

Her neighborhood friends were; Pat, Jill, Greg, and his twin sister Meg, oh and of course the outsider that they normally shunned Kenny Crayon but I should take my words back for if she ever caught me saying that he Kenny was friends with her then I would be in line to be shunned next. They normally made fun of him because of his enormously large glasses that made him look like he was looking from the bottom of glass bottles, magnifying his eyes ten times as large. No one dare speak to him, all afraid of catching his disease of being boring, because if he wasn't being picked on he mainly had one giant book covering half his face. Of course unknown to their knowledge Kenny could care less, why care what they said when he could be in an adventure with the characters of his books instead.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/26/2015 2:43 PM

There is a saying that many know to go like this; you never truly understand or appreciate what you have until it’s gone. For many people and many things this is indeed quite true, but curiously not for our main character that you have yet to know her name.
       It was bright sunny day with not cloud in view. It was so hot that it seemed to drain all of the remaining normal blanched colors out of the surrounding area. Jill’s mother and father; Mr. and Mrs. Pinkerbelly decided to take the lovely children to the pool that was located in the center of their community. They all sat around the pool edge well minus Kenny that is, only allowing their toes to touch the refreshing cold public water since that was what indeed was normal and none of them dared not to do that. As they all sat there and talked about the most recent dog show which upset them all since Pincher the straight eared pointed nose pinscher lost to the overly pampered poodle that had one too many bows on.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/26/2015 2:46 PM

As they were all deep in conversation something curious happened or I should be clearer by saying someone curious appeared. When they finally noticed they all watched silently as they saw him emerge from the inside of a very interesting not very normal rounded but square, of a car. Their faces grew to disgust as they saw what this man was wearing; an olive green suit with stripes that started at the bottom of his head and ended at the start of his shoes. He wore shiny silver shoes and a matching olive green bowler hat. What got the children most was sat on his face, right on top of his lips and slightly below his nose. They could not decipher it from a overly gelled squirrel or a slightly hairy fish. What now worried our main character the most was that fact that he came straight up to them and stopped directly in front of her.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/26/2015 2:47 PM

“Ms. Whiteshire I sadly have to ask you to come with me.” As he spoke his hairy fish wiggled on his face. At this time both Mr. and Mrs. Pinkerbelly decided to come over, it looked of course as if they were coming to protect this child from an unknown stranger; but in reality they were just an overly nosy pair.
       With her nose stuck so high in the air it was hard to look at the man Mrs. Pinkerbelly asked “Why may I ask do need with her?”
       “I’m afraid I have come to break some awfully horrid news to Ms. Young Whiteshire here.”
       Finally not liking just the adults talking especially about her, she steps up. “What is it that you need with me?”
       “Ms. Whiteshire I didn't want to tell you here, I guess I must…” He trailed off not sure of the right words to tell a child such dreadful news, “both your parents seem to have… passed on… perished in a terrible car accident that consumed everything but the mainframe of the vehicle.”
       With his words she could hear the other children gasp along with Mr. and Mrs. Pinkerbelly.
       “So please, Ms. Whiteshire I will need you to come with me.”
       Her head dropped and she stared at her feet, “Georgia… my name is Georgia,” is all she could muster to say, she was tired of this odd man calling her by her last name each time.
       “Well Georgia, I’m Glen Hawking, I’m with child services and I’m here to take you to your closest relative.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/26/2015 2:48 PM

Her eyes grew the size of very ripe about to burst tomatoes, “no…no no no…” She shook her head in disbelief. “Anyone but her...” She talked more to herself than to anyone else.
       “If you speak of your Great Aunt Mary- Sue Hopkins, then yes that is her. She is happy to take you, and she lives so close that you may stay in the same school and continue to hang out with the same friends.” The fish on his face looked as if it was trying to desperately escape from him.
       She reluctantly got into his round but square car and was driven through the blanched, bleached colors of the neighborhood until they came to a house on the corner of Pinewood Drive.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/26/2015 2:49 PM

Sitting out front of the house was an old woman in a rocking chair slightly staring out into space. She had on what looked to be a long old lady nightgown with light blue polka dots all over it. Her curly white hair was firmly up in a bun. Once Georgia was out of the car, Aunt Mary- Sue Hopkins had returned from wherever she was spacing out to earlier and greeted her niece with a warm smile.  

What only had taken a few minutes felt like an eternity (which in this statement meaning a seemingly endless time interval not a state of eternal existence) for young Ms. Whiteshire; between them greeting and exchanging names, to them going inside and having Mr. Hawking explain and then re-explain the legal documents to the very tired old lady.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/26/2015 2:53 PM

If anyone else had come into this house they would of all thought to see three very relaxed and civil people have a lighthearted conversation when in all actuality this was a very tense moment for them all. Where little Georgia is just realizing that she will never see her parents again, Mr. Hawking is trying to get this old lady to sign what is needed to be signed but her continuing to forget what he had just repeated before, to old lady Mary- Sue who didn't understand all the legal terms that were being said. It was all giving everyone headaches and they were all happy when it was over.
       The next few weeks went by as boring as they could get. Georgia mourned for her lost parents, slouched around and watched the games that played on the old T.V. and during the first week that she spent with her aunt she did nothing more than lounge around not ready yet to put a toe outside.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/26/2015 2:54 PM

The second week she went with Mr. Hawking to gather everything important out of her old house but sadly was unable to obtain all of her thing including her precious televisions, when she complained about to Glen Hawking and he told her that her aunt already had a T.V. and that she should pack thing that were much more valuable. When the third week rolled around she decide to head back to school which was a sad disappointment, since all her friends heard the news of her parents passing and living with her un-normal crazy bat of an aunt they all refused to talk to her and she was reduced to sitting at the same table as Kenny during lunch and now after school instead of walking home with Meg and Greg she would get picked up by her aunt who sadly didn't own a vehicle so the walk home now was farther, more boring, and slow since her Great Aunt Mary-Sue had a terrible hobble.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/26/2015 2:55 PM

For her to be quite honest her aunt scared her, so did the odd the house. As she explored, many doors she found were locked and Great Aunt Hopkins would disappear and would be nowhere to be found. Georgia always thought she was in one of the locked rooms, however she was very confused on if she like her aunt missing better that when she liked around; you see whenever little Georgia knew where her aunt was, she was sitting in the front room in a rocking chair that slightly creaks staring off into space, nothing else just sitting there all the time.

What scared Georgia the most was the smell, the old house smelt as if in every room someone left out pickles to sour and forgot all about them, but was weirder was that she also smelt un-taken care of cat litter, but the thing was that no matter how hard Georgia looked she could never find neither spoiled pickles or any kitties nor their litter.

Overall she scrapped this new living arrangement up to creepy and boring, nothing neither more nor less.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate