Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

The Things Brothers Do [M:E]

Postby Citanul » 01/26/2016 5:35 AM

Image Image
[Itzal --------------------------------------- Orion]

"Despite the lies that you're making
Your love is mine for the taking
My love is
Just waiting
To turn your tears to roses"

Tonight the small club they were playing was packed to capacity. Turok had done an amazing job promoting this one, and even though they had a friend-of-a-friend on the guitar Itzal and Orion were making the best of it. The guy was good and knew all of their songs. Not that anyone in this noisy club would notice a few missed notes anyway, they were singing along and being rowdy in general. Not that either bandmate seemed to care, Itzal's normal energy on stage still holding true as he put his all into this show.

I will be the one that's gonna hold you
I will be the one that you run to
My love is
A burning, consuming fire

As they wound down their set for the night Itzal threw a few of his guitar picks into the crowd before turning to Orion, grinning and walking off stage with him. "This was great." He slung an arm around his best friend's shoulder, handing his guitar off to one of their crew to be taken care of. They were out of here the next day, off half-way across the continent for another show. "We need to get a permanent guitarist." He eyed the man walking off stage, who seemed far more interested in the people than going with them.

Orion seemed thoughtful, nodding his head as they headed outside, breathing a lot easier once out in the crisp air. "Yeah, I was thinking that too. Did you have anyone in mind?" He pulled out a cigarette and lit it up, offering one to Itzal. Even though he turned it down every time he couldn't help but offer - it was only polite. He took a long drag off of it, feeling more at ease.

[Lyrics by Skillet - Whispers in the Dark]
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 214
Donate

Re: The Things Brothers Do [M:E]

Postby Citanul » 01/26/2016 5:49 AM

They stood in comfortable silence for a few moments while Orion finished his cigarette. "Hey. Let's go get my son. I miss him." Itzal grinned to his best friend, pulling him along back to their hotel room. The road may not be the best place to raise a little boy but he would be damned if he was going to give him back to Krites. The man had made it abundantly clear he didn't want much to do with his son and the adoption papers were almost finalized now.

Image Image
[Turok ------------------------------------- Reed (owned by Kallile)]

Unlocking the door to his hotel room he walked in carefully, chuckling a little at seeing his brother half-asleep on the bed, his son awake and sitting up, watching some cartoon. "Reed." He called out, scooping him up off of the bed and hugging him close. "Missed you buddy."

"Dah!" The little boy called out as he clung to his father, giggling happily. He was fast approaching two and growing like a weed, hitting every milestone along the way.

Yawning quietly Turok opened one eye, shaking his head as he sat up. "He was dozing off with me for a while. I suppose sesame street is just too alluring for him to sleep." Even if he detested the time his little brother spent with the brat he couldn't be angry at the child himself, it wasn't his fault. There was time to change this whole thing around.... A plan just needed to be set in to motion now to stop this. Kid would be better off with his real father anyway.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 01/26/2016 6:19 AM

"Let's go out Itzal." Turok suggested after a few moments, glancing to Orion and then back to his baby brother. "Orion will take care of Reed, he looks exhausted." Time to set what he had in mind to motion. No one would be hurt - and the boy would go back where he belonged.

Seeming conflicted for a moment Itzal ran a hand through his hair, looking to Reed with a smile as he kissed the boy's nose. "But we just got back from the show, I don't want to leave him again." His son was quickly becoming the center of his world, and he was loving every moment of it. The music mattered, it was how he was going to support them, but he wanted time with him while he was still little.

At least Orion always knew how to temper the situation. He walked over and plucked Reed from Itzal's arms, tickling the toddler, who laughed and squirmed happily in his arms. "Nawh, you two go out. It's almost bedtime anyway, isn't it Reed? You want to take a bath with Uncle Orion? Yeah, and we'll have a snack, and then nap, hunh?" He had gladly settled into the role of second caretaker for Reed, and the baby did seem to love him as much as his father.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 01/31/2016 9:28 PM

Though he didn't look entirely convinced Itzal finally relented. "Alright, alright. Next time you take Orion out and I stay home." He offered his brother, gently taking his son to snuggle him for a few moments. "You be a good boy for Uncle Orion, okay Reed? Daddy will be home soon, and we'll have breakfast tomorrow." He stroked a hand through his hair before kissing the top of his head and handing him back to Orion reluctantly.

"We can do that." Turok lied easily. There wouldn't need to be a next time, if his plan worked the way he hoped. He could take both boys out every time, with no worries about this kid needing someone. He'd be with his real father.

Reed didn't seem too put out, snuggling with his father before happily grabbing at Orion's shoulder. "Bath?" He liked bath time, and loved his Uncle just as much as his father.

Orion chuckled softly. "Yep! Bath time buddy, we'll find your duckies." He turned then with a grin, grabbing the small mesh bag of toys and pulling it into the bathroom. He had never seen himself as good with kids but Reed was something special. Always a happy little guy, even if he did miss his dad while they were out.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 02/05/2016 2:04 PM

Slinging an arm around Itzal's shoulders the older brother lead him out of the hotel room and towards the bar. "I promise the kid is just fine, little bro. Orion is good with him. How long has it been since we've been out, hunh? Neglect your only brother for your son?"

Sighing Itzal leaned into the familiar embrace, laughing as his brother ruffled his hair. "Neglect my only brother for my ONLY son. Sure seems like a toss-up to me. I just don't like to leave him alone. I want him to know I'm there for him. Like you're there for me." Even if he didn't remember it the poor little guy had already been abandoned by one father - Itzal wasn't going to do that to him.

"Semantics. Come on, let's talk about something else." Turok steered Itzal to sit at the bar with him, waiting for one of the bartenders to notice their presence.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate