Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Zed's Haunted House (EVENT THREAD)

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 10/24/2009 1:54 AM

Zed frowned at the long line up of Dumb-Dumbs who were all here for his haunted house. Coming back to “Evelon” had never been his plan but then, he’d never planned on becoming bored, either. So he’d decided to come back and by some form of luck he’d also stumbled upon some festival or something. From what he could tell it involved ghouls and other spooky things giving away candy. Being the eccentric type Zed wouldn’t settle for candy. No he’d gone off to locate those “wild” pet creatures to fuel his amusement. And he wasn’t going to just given them away, no no no. He had a haunted house all set up, he’d bought a house just for the occasion and it was perfect.

There was an expansive front yard covered in all sorts of native flora, the only real colour to the place. It was like the Tengel forest had invaded. There could be anything lurking in there, anything at all.

Past the yard was the house itself. A grand old building that had gone to ruin long ago. The once brilliantly coloured paint was faded and chipping; the wood was moulding and rotting away. The front steps groaned under foot and the hinges on the front door (and all doors after) creaked.

Creaking wood was not reserved just for the front steps. Every step left the house complaining as you go through. First the living room with lumpy, ghostly shapes under dusty furniture coverings. If you continued into the room there’s a door leading into a kitchen. No modern day appliances here, an old table with claw marks in the wood and mostly empty cupboards but who knows, it could we worth checking out. To the right of the living room is a staircase made of dark wood with carpet down the middle. It appears worn with use, perhaps in the houses hay days or, perhaps, still used by the ghosts?
Up the stairs is a long hall. Peeling wall paper and dusty, faded family photos are the only decor besides a small side table at the end of the hall holding a vase of dried flowers which appear eternally sad.
One chain hangs from the ceiling which, when pulled, opens stairs to the attic. Scuffling noises can be heard above your head.

The rooms down the hall are fairly simple. To the right are two doors to bedrooms, to the left are two doors, also for bedrooms. The two on the right are exactly the same except one is decorated for a young girl, maybe of age six. Porcelain dolls stare out from all corners of the room, all eyes on you and they seem to watch your every move. A canopy bed and dull once-pink frilly things decorate everything. A broken mirror shards litter the floor.

The little boys room is blue, everything is blue. The bed is a bunk bed (though the wood holding up the top bed has been chewed through by some bug, the whole thing looking ready to break). There are two dressers and on all the shelves there are dinosaurs;  plush ones that seem to be falling apart, plastic ones and even a few rusting metal ones.

The first door on the left appears to be a master bedroom and from the decor the mother seemed to have all the say in decorations. Dark woods and earthy tones, plus the smell of rotting wood lead the room to have an earthy feel. The flowers that had been growing by the window have thrived, trying to destroy the man made structure and make it the earth’s once more. The room is rather neat besides the strange, dark stain on the floor at the end of the bed.
At the far end of the hall on the left side is a den. This room is perhaps the spookiest place in the whole house (aside from the attic). Everywhere are stuffed animals, glass eyes starring at you the feeling is much like the unblinking stare of the dolls only here... here it’s worse. Once living the head of the gyrophant seems to ask for revenge for whoever put it here, and perhaps in a way it had gotten it seeing as the house was empty.
A large, heavy wood desk sits at the far end of the room with a bar behind it. Old alcohol from who knows what era sits untouched, an oily dust covering the labels.

At the very end of the hall is a bathroom with no toilet. The mirror here is also very broken. Many of the tiles are chipped, broken or missing entirely so watch your step. Strange redish stains mar the once white surface of the sink.

Zed had decided the house was perfect for this strange Dumb-Dumb tradition. He would scare and entertain Dumb-Dumbs for his own amusement and they had the chance of walking away with a wild pet.

The dreamsnare pet was starring at the Haunted House and, well, wasn’;t letting you in. Trying to politely grab his attention you clear your throat.
“Never do that again,” the sygriff hisses at you, his feathers looking ruffled. As you try to stutter out an apology he cuts you off.
“Please do not take too long in there, as you can see much interest has been generated in this little... event.”
You nod and quickly enter the yard of the haunted house, wondering just what you may find here.

RULES

*Post only when a slot is open
*You have a total of FIVE (5) posts here. This is to keep people coming and going and to keep things fair
* You have TWO (2) days to complete the FIVE (5) posts. If you don’t I’ll just boot you
* Once you join one event thread and leave you CANNOT join the other until you've completed/been booted/what have you out of the first thread you join. You can only join each event thread once and that's it! Got it? Good.
*If you complain I will send Ein after you. You do not want Ein because he is low on cadavers and living cells at the moment
* You CANNOT join an event thread if you have not yet completed five posts in your most recent RP (as per Evelon rules). Do it and I will find you and baby shake you (and kick you out of the Event Thread).

COST

FREE

SLOTS

1. ToxicShadow (3)
2. Leaftail (3)
3. Tazzin (3)
4. Elliot (2)
5. Thunder (1)

TOTAL PARTICIPANTS

Celtic
Daemon
FireHeart
Flame
Freezair
GrayGriffin
Kallile
Lady Erebos
Leaftail
MillietheWarrior
Mojave
Owl
Rushfeather
Shadowpal
ShadowStitches
Shrewdberry
Tazzin
Thessur
ToxicShadow
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Re: Zed's Haunted House (EVENT THREAD)

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 10/24/2009 2:50 AM

(( Changed the rule. You get FIVE (5) posts in this thread with TWO (2) days to do it! Yah. ))

Zed snapped his beak at the beast, glarring openly at the big cat. Well then, some did not appreciate his generosity but it did not matter, he would not be picking and choosing who entered and who did not, allowing the big cat  entry to go on the hunt.

The wood beneath the the khimeras paws groaned and complained. Perhaps in their youth they could have held a khimera but in their current condition and advanced age the idea was shaky at best. So far though the only sound and sign of life was that of the khimera who smelled awful.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/24/2009 4:18 AM

Tender lumplings everywhere... Life's no fun without a good scare!

Danica hummed to herself as she mounted the steps to the rickety old building, swinging her orange pail jauntily. Through the usual channels ("I have a friend who has this brother who has this friend who knows this guy..."), she'd heard of this place--a guy named Zed was in charge, and according to the rumors, he had a strange vocabulary, a "charmingly" abrasive attitude, and a healthy disregard for the laws of nature. Normally she'd be unnerved, but this was Halloween! On Halloween, nothing was right with the world unless everything was wrong with it.  

She adjusted her clip-on punk nose ring, swung her candy pail, and mounted the steps to the main house.

"This is gonna be good."

[1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/24/2009 6:16 AM

Joryn

Joryn slowly made his way through the yard. He felt slightly uneasy, because he handnt used his
quad form for...quite a while. Being a producer and manager somehow getst along with being
human nearly all the time. The Emowockee turned his head back one more time,
just to see a faint glow of Zed's feathers through the vegetation...or where that really
HIS feathers? Joryn turned back and looked at the house. If he would have a mouth, a wide grin
would appear on it. He knew this kind of places. When he was a teenager, he and some
friends would hang out in old, haunted houses, discovering or trying to discover the
more or less disturbing storys of the people who lived (and died) there before. //Almost like
coming home. In a strange and creepy way...//he though. Maybe it really wasnt a that bad idea to come here,he was told of this event by Nathan, who wanted to go himself but caught himself a flu...  The stairs creeked slightly when he stepped on them, and he tried to reduce the sound to a minimum.
after all, he was searching for wild pets, they shouldnt hear that he was coming from miles away.
Pushing open the old wooden door, he couldnt help but also hum the 'this is halloween' melody in his
head. //okay then...let the fun begin!//

Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 10/24/2009 8:53 AM

If there was one thing to be said of Canipsis, it was that he was not afraid of anything.

Well, this is only partly true.  Canipsis was scared of death; he had a good reason to be scared of death, after all.  But haunted houses?  Those were like cakewalks compared to what he'd gone through in the war.  After his first death, it could be said that Canipsis was fearless.

He just didn't know if it was true in any way.

He rolled his eyes as Zed said something about "never do that again," but he just shook his head.

"Listen," he said.  "I've got nothing to fear with this.  I've experienced something most people never get to say they've experienced.  Now, are ya gonna let me in or not?"

[1.1]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby Shadow » 10/24/2009 9:19 AM

She had never been to a haunted house before. People she knew had said it was fun, but now, viewing the house she was having second thoughts. Chin up, Tari told herself. You're not a scaredy cat. She stepped onto the front step, and adressed the Sygryff.

"So, I'm here for the haunted house. Are you planning to let me in here?" She asked, not showing any remote fear that she might have. Even if she might be nervous, she wouldn't be showing it to anybody, especially not the owner of the haunted house. It was out of character for her to be as bold as this. She was usually that quiet girl in the corner, but no, not today. Today she was fearless.

There's going to be a thunderstorm tonight...
Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 825
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/24/2009 4:20 PM

Past the creeking, moldy-smelling door, Danica stepped inside the house. She craned her neck around with a devilish grin. She was to excited to be frightened! But once the adrenaline wore off, this place did look like a good place to get the snot scared out of you. She took one step, and the floorboards creaked like wailing banshees. Perfect.

Gripping her candy pail tightly, she galumphed up the stairs. They whined and moaned with every step, but she simply laughed. She ran like the chased, tails whipping in time with her barking laugh.

At the top of the landing, she only wondered for a second where she should go. A compulsion suddenly gripped her, and she was down the hall to the right with speed.

She nudged open the door and stuck her nose around the edge. First startle of the evening--her eyes met three other pairs of dull, throbbing lights, and she zipped back around the edge. But, undaunted, she slithered back around--in the low light, she made out the marble glare of an inumerable number of porcelain dolls.

Creepy, she thought approvingly.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 10/24/2009 4:39 PM

Dumb-Dumb children had strange ways of beutifying themselves or perhaps it was one of those costume things. Everyone dressed up on Halloween. Absolutely rediculous. Zed hadn't bothered because, well, he was scary enough (X'ur, the pathetic thing, was a testament to that). He gave everyone something akin to the evil eye as they entered the haunted house. Why did that female Dumb-Dumb have a pail? Oh, right. Well he hoped she didn't expect candy from him and a good ammount of the creepy crawlies inside would not fit in that pail (and those that would probably would not cooperate anyway).

As the wood had for everyone who had entered before it the steps under Danica's feet groaned and complained as she entered the front of the house. As for direction there was really only two options, up the rickety, less-then-safe stairs or to her right into the living room and ultimately the kitchen. There was always the option of going out the door she'd just entered and exploring the "garden" (if you could call it that).

---

Dust covered everything but the thickness of dust varried as, well, Zed had released a ton of wild pets in here. As mysterious as they were it wasn't exactly possible for them to not leave hints to their location. Paw marks varrying from from small to large dusted the floor, small shoe prints hinted towards at least one Mr. Wilson occupying the place and... There was one, very obvious trail. There was no dust so it was new, or new ish. The trail was not paw prints or shoes but a thin... line? It looked a little wet or dried or... something. Maybe you could follow it? Or you could take your chance with older trails or just explore. So many options!
((The trail leads into the living room, so you know where to go if you play to follow it. ))

---

Zed, being Zed, probed around and learned of what most never experience. Where most would be impressed, awed or any other emotion Zed just shrugged.
"Everyone experiences death, Boy, must do not come back. Enter at your own risk. If you fall down and scrape your knee or are attacked my a mekkayena it's your own fault for not having a healthy dose of fear with you when you enter."
With that the sygriff turned his attention away from the kuhna, dismissing him.

---

"I will not tell you you're not allowed unless you rejoin the line and try to re-enter." Zed said simply, allowing her entry before blocking the line up of other pets and trainers. There was enough people in his haunted house for the time being.

(( All slots filled! ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/24/2009 4:45 PM

Danica felt her paw land in something... gooey. And crunchy. And gross. Something approximately the consistency of a... booger. Eeeew. That wasn't scary, that was just gross. Did someone drop a tissue on the floor or something? She peered down. It looked almost like the trail of slime a snail would leave on a leaf. Nearby, she also saw some tiny pawprints.

She couldn't quite decide which to follow! But the slime seemed to lead out the way she'd come... but there were more pawprints, too. Turning back out the door, she put her nose to the ground and followed back out. She'd chase the slime for a little, but if she saw something more interesting, she'd definitely go after that. Snails weren't creepy, just gross.

[3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 10/24/2009 5:17 PM

Canipsis scoffed slightly, but he turned and walked into the haunted house, his tails snapping as he quickly turned.  His pawsteps were lightly placed as he carefully looked around, trying to see where he could go first.  If there was one thing to be said, it was that this Zed character had a way of getting under some people's skin.

Water off a Magistrey's back, Canipsis told himself, his mental voice mimicking a clarion commander that had instructed him before.  You can't let anyone see what you're feeling or thinking.  You have to make yourself a blank page to those you're fighting.

Then, it had been hard.  There was Ajeya back then, and everyone else.  Now... well, he obviously was unaware that Ajeya was the only one from their troop missing.

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/24/2009 5:21 PM

Joryn was just about to follow the new-ish looking trail, when he suddently decidet otherwise.
no, he would first go and investigate upstairs. whatever that thing was, it didnt look  like it would move very fast, judging by the looks of the trail and, thinking of it, the Wockee never was very fond of...slime.
Joryn carefully climbed up the staircase, and nearly tripped over a missing stair. Once up in the hallway,
he looked arround //now that looks much more promising//

He noticed a chain dangeling from the ceeling. //rooms? or attic?...okay the attic.// he decidet after a short thinking break,
To reach the Chain, he changed into human form. The old wood under his feet creaked protesting,
as it had to carry the weight of a human. Joryn was rather skinny, but still weighted much
more as a human then when in quad form. "okay...keep calm..." he told himself, and
pulled at the rusted chain. First, there was just a lot of dust raining on the black clothed and haired man with the ponytail. Joryn caughed, then gave it another tug, and the stairs finally came down.
He did  however not expect them to come down that 'smoothly', and couldnt stop them from crashing down
on the old wood with a loud bang. More dust flew up, and Joryn blinked at the old wooden floor to his feet.
He once fell through  the floor in an old house when he was 15 and broke his arm. Now, if he would
be very unlucky, he could even fall down 2 floors and possibly break a lot more of his bones...
but nothing happened, except that the floor made a sound like an dying animal and had little
suspicious looking cracks in it. Joryn changed back to quad form, and slowly, very slowly,
climbed up the stairs to the attic...
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 10/24/2009 5:56 PM

Zed watched the lucain slip out the door. For a moment he read the body language as fear and the lucain retreating before realising the Dumb-Dumb was doing something rather intelligent. Follow your nose, that was a Dumb-Dumb expression if he remembered correctly. Seemed this lucin would be using her nose to get what she wanted... Or perhaps land a nasty run in with some reality alterred plants. What? As scary as the house was it had needed some... tweaking for it to suit his vision. Tweaking that involved messing with reality. If Zu'hai or Yepha had a problem with it they were both quite welcome to come down and do something about.

The garden was overrun with exotic, Tengel species. Flowers that glowed and plants with mouthes. Thorny vines and ferns the place was a mini Tengel, a world of it's own. Strangely enough though the entire thing was quiet... Maybe a little too quiet.
No bugs chirped, no night birds sang. As alive as the garden was the place sounded dead. Even the noise of the people in the line up seemed to be completely defeaned.
Danica's paw hit a small rock that went flying into the bushes that trembled. Something growled and, last I ckecked, snickies did NOT growl.

---

Inside the house seemed somber, not much really. No spooky cliche music, no cheesy tissue ghosts. Really it was just a big, old, dusty house. In it's own "untainted" (besides a few little tweaks that Zed had made) way the house was probably the scariest haunted house yet to grace Evelon.

(( ..... Explore? .3.;; ))

---

The stairs did not protest but the floor beneath them did, cracking and groaning until the weight was removed and Joryn was in the attic.
Whatever had (or was still) up there had quickly moved into the shadows. The one, round window up here was broken, leaving a large opening. Anything could be up there. Perhaps there was just a batti or perhaps something more sinister. In the quiet the sound of something rustling could be heard.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 10/24/2009 6:02 PM

Canipsis looked around carefully, trying to think of where to go next.  There were stairs, there was the living room...

Stairs.  There's always creepy things upstairs, Canipsis thought, carefully walking up the stairs and heading in the direction of the den.  He carefully walked into the room, his ears pressed flat against his skull as he examined the toys there.  Nothing more than playthings once belonging to a child here, he told himself as he matched their placid, blank stares.  His nose twitched as he looked around, trying to see if there was anything of interest in the room.

[1.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 10/24/2009 7:02 PM

(( Okay so common sense? Not so common. Added a new rule that is basically "Finish off your first five posts in your previous RP before joining the Event Thread". Regular Evelon rules are to be followed, got it? ))

On the bed was a line up of softer toys, mostly animals of a pink colouration except for one seemed to be... twitching? It was a pink, innocent enough looking teddy bear with button eyes. It seemed remarkably intact and it also seemed to be... moving. It fell over and started an awkward so of worming movement towards the other end of the bed. With the teddy now on it's stomach it was quite obvious that something had ripped open it's back and had pulled out a lot of the stuffing. Maybe that wasn't exactly scary but it was definately weird and kind of creepy.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 10/24/2009 7:23 PM

...okay, now that's creepy. Canipsis thought as he moved closer to the bed, his purple eyes trained on the pink teddy bear as he sniffed the teddy's ripped-open back.  After a few moments, he backed away, examining it carefully.

...if this is their idea of scary... then these are a buncha sissies, running this haunted house.  This is slightly unusual at best. He thought after a few more moments, reaching out to poke the pink teddy bear carefully.  His warrior caution had never left him, so the poke was hesitant.

[1.4]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next