Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

.:The Maze:. [P]

Postby Silversky » 06/11/2010 4:16 PM

If you happened to pass by the entrance to the Maze, all you’d see at first would be a small, hurriedly-painted sign. Written in the same vivid purple ink as the note announcing the event, it looked as though the sign had been created by someone who liked to stand out – and didn’t particularly care about others’ eyesight. And was that glitter around the edges?
The sign holds a suitably exaggerated message:

“Around the door lies a Maze of endless wonder.”  

…Okay. Maybe this would have worked out better if that first Lucain was still in charge.
You peer into the darkness beside the sign, and you can just barely see an opening in the dark wall behind it. Stepping through, you emerge in a well-lit room with three glowing circles on the floor.
“Welcome!” calls a voice from behind you. Turning, you see a Lucain trotting toward you. She has bright blue and red fur, and you can kind of see why she likes neon so much. There’s more evidence of this in the tuft of fur hanging over her forehead – it has a streak dyed bright purple.
“I see you got my note,” she says. “I’m Skyfire. I wasn’t sure if my messenger would let it go once it was delivered, but if you’re here it means you got it somehow. This is the entrance to the Maze – and since there are three contestants, there are three entrances. You’ve each been randomly assigned a portal, and they each will send you to different parts of the maze.”
Skyfire walks over toward the circles, the portals. She stands in front of them and gestures with her tail.
"The first on the left is for Renna. Next is Queeny, then Santa. Good luck."

All four postals lead to dusty, gray corridors. Walls enclose all the participants on all sides, except directly ahead. The portal has closed behind you - there's no turning back now.
Silversky
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: .:The Maze:. [P]

Postby amapup » 06/11/2010 9:25 PM

Santa plodded down the dusty road, keeping an eye out for a sign of the maze. He didn't want to be here, but money was tight, and this had been the only available opportunity. The colors in the note had him a bit worried about the person running this event, though. Rhythen had seemed like a sensible Lucain, but he wasn't so sure about the new one...

The Baskerville shook his head, clearing his eeys after looking at the sign. Ow. And what was up with the sparkles? Sighing, he sqeezed through the pening, a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach.

The event leader walked over to him. A growl ripped from his throat as he quickly turned his head away, averting his eyes from the view. Red. He should not have come. But at least the portal wasn't that color...

Without warning he found himself in the corridor. The hall was somehow lit, though there wasn't any light source to be found. Experimentally, he hit the wall with his tailmace. Stone. Well,there was no going back now. Santa sadly padded forwards, hoping to get this oveer with quickly...

Barely controlled locomotive consuming the picture and blowing the Crows
to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
But this is beginning to feel like the bolt busted Loose
from the Lever

Pets (under construction):Wishlist:Trades
amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1008
Donate

Postby Adelie » 06/11/2010 10:27 PM

Sign, sparkles, dark wall.  (Oooh, darkness.  Renna did not particularly like darkness, but it was the kind of thing that she was actually quite used to, being blessed with half-decent night-vision.)  Strange bright-colored Lucain!  Who talked about stuff that she didn't really care about, so the little Kuhna pushed past her and jumped squarely into the portal.

Actually, now that she thought about it, that was probably a bad idea, considering that she might have interrupted the speech this Skyfire lady was giving and missed something important, but she doubted it.  After her name, what was there left to talk about?

Well then, all right now.  She'd wanted to go left first thing, but there seemed to be no option for that, so she just headed straight ahead--
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/12/2010 7:47 PM

"Queenie is here," the haunted kuhna mumbled excitedly. "Queenie found the right place!" The haunted kuhna looked around her. The sign looked about right, and the lucain seemed to match. She had found what she was looking for. After hearing the welcome speech that she really paid no attention to, Queenie had closed her eyes tightly and hopped onto the portal. She was excited for this. She was itching to get out of the house, and this had seemed the right place to do so. When Queenie opened her eyes she saw dusty corridors and no way to go back. She let out a sigh. Only one way to go. She took a step forward and walked straight down the corridor.
{1.1}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Silversky » 06/13/2010 7:47 AM

A strange kind of mist swirls through the corridors. Obscurring distance vision, it is hard to see exactly where the corridors are going. Though, through the murky light, the walls of the corridors themselves are beginning to get a bit more interesting. The walls seem to turn to stone the farther you go through the passageway, and they give off a kind of glistening glow. Patches of glassy obsidian begin to interweave with shimmering quartz. It is beautiful, and yet unsettling.

Renna:
The corridors themselves branch off here -- it seems that you can go in all four directions. The mist makes it hard to see what's through each passageway, but to the left you can hear a kind of clicking. To the right, a rustling sound. Straight ahead you hear no sound at all.

Queenie:
Well, the choices are a bit less limited at this point than they were. A passageway also branches off to the right, as well as continuing straight ahead. No obvious sounds or smells come from either passage - there's no way to know what might be out there.

Santa:
Three choices are available here - forward, left, or right. Well, and of course backwards too, but what would be the point in that? Straight ahead you can hear a definite whirring sound, a bit like the sound the portals made. To the left and right, you have no clue.

All my life, I wish I broke mirrors,
Instead of promises.
'Cause all I see,
Is a shattered concience
Staring right back at me.

Zoo Pen Wishlist Journal
Silversky
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 06/13/2010 10:59 AM

His hair raised as the walls turned to quartz and obsidian. The deeper he went into the maze, the more it seemed like a trap. And what was he supposed to in here again? Find some crystals and the center of the maze? For keystones to live off of.

The Baskerville paused as he reached the intersection. Which way to go? There seemed to be whirring sound from somewhere...up ahead it was. The other passages were silent. Well, surely something had to be making the sound, right? And it sounded a bit like the portal... maybe a crystal or the middle? Santa warily plodded forwards, his footsteps echoing through the halls.

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 06/13/2010 5:18 PM

Sneakily, Renna crept through the passageways in front of her, and arrived at an intersection with four ways to go.  Well then.  That made her choice quite a bit harder, and she didn't particularly like choices, especially when there wasn't much to base her choices on.

Right--a rustling sound?  What kind of descriptive sound was that?  It could belong to an animated piece of cloth running about the maze mysteriously, could be a tuxedo-dragging penguin wandering about, could be the wind--wait, why would there be wind?  In her head, she imagined this place as being some sort of deep-underground fortress, but if there was wind--

"Hmm," she said out loud, and then decided to head right.

Hey, maybe the fact that it began with the same letter as her name would help her!

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/13/2010 10:19 PM

Queenie was walking down the corridor, whispering to herself. It helped to calm her nerves. It was a kind of step-by-step monologue of what she was doing when she was doing it. When the walls began to change, it was a little unnverving. Why were the walls changing? She didn't know why, but she continued on nevertheless. Or until she came across the passageway leading right. She looked down the passage, then looked back to the one she had been traveling down. There wasn't a difference in between the two. She shrugged and turned down the right passageway.
{1.2}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silversky » 06/15/2010 4:43 PM

Renna:
The right corridor still looks similar to the corridor you've been passing through all along. However, the rustling is still there - it sounds a bit like wind in the trees, but that can't be right, can it? Not when you're underground. The only option is to continue forward, still - and what's that? ...Is it a clump of grass, on the floor?

Queenie:
Now that you've turned right, you can hear a bit of a whirring sound - kind of like the portal. There aren't any more forks in the path, just straight ahead. The source of the sound isn't obvious yet - it's probably farther ahead. Will you keep going, or turn back?

Santa:
You haven't reached the source of the sound yet - but it's definitly getting louder. You're going in the right direction, it seems, but you what will you find there? Still, the only choice is forward - there aren't any forks in the path.

((sorry I missed a day, I wasn't able to get online yesterday.))

All my life, I wish I broke mirrors,
Instead of promises.
'Cause all I see,
Is a shattered concience
Staring right back at me.

Zoo Pen Wishlist Journal
Silversky
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 06/15/2010 5:37 PM

He perked his ears, interested. Yes the sound was getting louder now, and it was definitely the same sound that the portals had made. Louder, though. Odd. The Baskerville continued on, since there was no other reasonable choice.

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 06/16/2010 7:25 PM

So there was nowhere to go except in the same direction that she had headed?  Well then, that didn't leave her with much of a choice, really.  To...the front or the back.  Except that it wasn't much of a prudent idea to head back, was it?  (Still, she didn't care much for prudency.)

But there was grass up ahead, and being that Renna, a city girl grown up with this whole concept of nature being a strange, faraway thing, was strangely attracted to the patch of grass.  She hadn't seen many random underground clumps of grass, anyways.

So.  Off forward, then.

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/16/2010 9:04 PM

Well, that sounded familiar. Queenie pricked her ears forward. It sounded like the portal. Perhaps she was close to an exit? She doubted it. She had just entered the maze, she couldn't be done so soon. She looked behind her. There wasn't anything interesting down there. The sound was much more fascinating. She turned forward and continued on in the path she was on, toward the whirring sound.
{1.3}
((Withdrawing Queenie from this Rp, as Silversky has left Evelon))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items