Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

~Even if you fall, Don't expect me to catch you (yet) ~

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/14/2012 5:45 PM

Jesus strode into town, looking suave, sleek, and polished. His dark hair glistened in the sun, his dark skin shone like chocolate, and his cologne filled the surrounding air with a musky, spicy scent. He smirked, and continued to strut down the street, seemingly oblivious to how the girls stared and the men grit their teeth. Coming to a stop in front of a stall selling sunglasses, he picked out a pair he liked, and turned to the Sucrose kuhna working as a stallholder, who was staring at him with almost a fearful expression...

"These are whonderful, they match me perhfehctly. Quantos son? How much are they?"

The stall holder shook himself, and replied "er, twenty keystones please"

Smirking again, Jesus pulled out a bag, removed a handful of small, round objects from it, and put them down on the stall.

"Muchos gracias!" He turned away from the stallholder, and continued down the street.

A little sundae kuhna sidled up to the shocked stallholder who was staring at the retreating back in disbelief, and asked "Papa, what's wrong? Did he not pay the full amount?"

The stallholder gulped and said, in a hushed voice "No, sweetheart. He paid double!" Sweeping the Keystones off the counter, he turned to his daughter and smiled. Clearing his throat, he whispered to himself "I wonder who he is?"

Sorry, threw in some random background characters for the setting... is that ok? otherwise I can edit this post...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2161
Donate

Re: ~Even if you fall, Don't expect me to catch you (yet) ~

Postby Atoli01 » 03/14/2012 7:34 PM

Wedges really weren't the greatest thing for running. The thought of kicking them off crossed my mind, but how could I just abandon such cute shoes?! "Ma'am! Stop running and put your hands up!" There was no way that I was going to listen to people who were just going to take me and lock me back up in that horrid place!

In an effort to evade the cops, I ended up making several sharp turns and sliding down the railings of a couple stair cases. If that didn't disorient them, then I have no clue what would. After another turn, I managed to locate a pile of boxes and ducked behind them, curling myself into a compact ball. Much to my relief, I heard several of the cops yelling things like, "We've lost her!" or "Where could she have gone?!"

I allowed myself to relax, but that's when I realized how much I was shaking. I was terrified of going back to that awful place. The world was wonderful! It was nowhere near as bad as they had claimed it to be! I sniffled a couple of times, trying to hold back my tears. I took my hat off of head and held it to my chest, only allowing a single tear to drip from the corner of my eyes. I guess I would have to lay low for a while longer.

{{It's fine~ Oh, and her human form is there, if you click on her pet form. X3}}

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/14/2012 7:51 PM

Jesus heard a lot of yelling and crashing, before some furious policemen ran round the corner shouting "We've lost her!" amidst other things... Jesus simply raised an eyebrow, and dismissed it as uninteresting. He was here for a shop, a party and probably a woman (or three), before going back to his yacht. Wandering down the street towards the docks, the smell of Sa'firan cooking wafted towards him, and made him think of food back home...

Home. Not any more it wasn't. He'd made that choice a long time ago, and it had been a hard one. Freedom, money, travel... or family. Not that they had been much of a family to him in the first place, but you take what you can get. He smirked. Maybe that food was just what he needed to get him into his zone.

"Perdona senor, pero, donde viene el olor delicioso? Where is that beautiful smell coming from?"

The gentleman he had asked stared at him for a moment, then replied "It's just down there... take the first alleyway on the left..." and walked away.

Jesus sniffed. Something about the man stank, and it wasn't just his sweat in the midday sun... he decided to take a loop round the docks, to see if he could find that restaurant he'd smelled. Unbeknownst to him, a thief crept out of the alleyway, peering this way and that, trying to spot the mark that his partner had directed to the alleyway, but to no avail. Jesus was long gone, following his nose.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 03/15/2012 1:17 PM

Twenty minutes should be enough time to hide out, right? Surely the cops thought that I would've made a break for it out of the city. By now, the sound of my rapid heartbeat was beginning to drown out and be replaced by all of the hustle and bustle of the city. There were no cops within earshot, which was at least better than nothing. It was always better to be safe though!

I replaced the hair tie and makeup in my bag with my white hat. Right after I pulled my hair into a high side ponytail, I applied some of the makeup essentials - mascara, eye liner, eye shadow, blush, some foundation, and even a little lip gloss. There was no mirror to do it in front of, so I could only hope that I didn't look completely ridiculous. But I had put on makeup plenty of times before, and it certainly didn't feel like there was makeup anywhere that it shouldn't be.

I tried to ignore the odd stares I got as I crawled out from behind the boxes. I'm sure just about everyone was wondering what some random girl was doing hiding behind a pile of boxes. As soon as I deemed the area free of police, I brushed any dirt I had off of my dress, knees and hands. Again, I hoped I didn't look like a train wreck or anything. I tried to keep up the best image of normality I could as I walked around the streets, gazing at various market stands. As the docks came into view, I decided on taking a small break and just sat on the edge with my shoes off, letting my bare feet dangle in the water.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/15/2012 1:40 PM

Jesus walked towards the docks, then all of a sudden, the smell changed. He gagged- what had they put in there?

"Dios, they've ruined it!" Furiously, he scowled, and began walking backwards into town. He passed a girl with a side ponytail dipping her feet in the water, and commented "Whatch the khalamareih, they'll pull you ihn"as he passed. He smiled. A nice cool dip in the water... That was what he needed. It wouldn't be the sparkling white-hot sands of back home, or the cool turquoise seas, but at least it would be salt water...

He strode into town with the intention of buying a bathing suit. He had no qualms about stripping off and diving in, but he had a feeling the townsfolk would object, and he didn't want to get arrested for something so small. Being arrested because he was caught with someone else's wife, fair enough, but not this. And he really didn't want to demean himself by switching forms...

Just then, a little cafe caught his eye, and his nose! "Dios!" he exclaimed in a husky voice, as he inhaled deeply... maybe there was hope for this town's culinary skills after all!

He sat at one of the tables in the sunshine, and smirked as the waitresses squabbled over who would get to serve him. At last, a giggly red-haired girl in seven-inch heels strode up to the table, and asked in a low voice "What can I do for you?" Jesus looked her up and down, looked over his shades and said "One sehrving of paella, heavy on the calamares, and a hint of spice...red spice". At this the waitress blushed, and tripped over herself rushing to get his order. Jesus chuckled. Half an hour and he already had a woman falling at his heels.

When she returned, she had the biggest plate of Paella he had seen in a long time, his bill, and a note with her number on it. Handing her a handful of keystones, he took her number and put it in his pocket. He would call her if he didn't get any other offers, he thought to himself, but said nothing except "Muchas gracias, cara". She blushed again, and ran off to join the other waitresses and talk about him.

Thank you, face. Yes, he thought, it fits her perfectly. The "face" is all she sees...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 03/15/2012 2:01 PM

As the man passed, I couldn't help but look up at him, giggling a little bit at his comment. He didn't look to bad, that was for sure. Definitely the kind that could turn the head of almost any girl. Even so, I was pretty sure the kalamerei wouldn't bother touching me. As if on cue, a pink plush kalamarei poked it's head out of the water right next to my foot.

I really couldn't help but smile at something like that. It was just so cute! I flipped onto my belly and laid my had on one arm, using the other to pet the small creature. It seemed almost like it was... purring. Like a cat! I happily swung my legs back and forth as a matching pink trumpeter poked it's head up as well, blowing it's horn in my face. "Okay, okay! I'll pet you too!" I told it happily, as I did just that. I guess they're used to people. Or maybe they just liked me.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/15/2012 2:37 PM

Jesus almost groaned with pleasure, the paella was that good...

He finished his plate, waved to the red-head who'd served him, and went on his way.

He found himself retracing his steps to the docks, and lo and behold, there was the blonde girl from earlier! She was stretched out on her stomach, and seemed to be petting some small pink creatures in the water...

Jesus grinned. From where he was standing, he could see that her white dress had gotten wet, and she hadn't realised...

He wasn't nice, he was the first to admit it, so instead of doing the decent thing, he decided to watch a bit longer, and see if she realised it on her own...

He looked at her closely. A pretty face, under well-done makeup, soft blond hair that seemed to be well looked after, a white dress that was (at the moment) figure-hugging and translucent, and a pair of wedges...

He saw something out of the corner of his eye, and turned to fact the thief that was crawling towards the bag that the girl had left carelessly behind her whilst she played with the sea creatures. Now Jesus wasn't nice, but he was money-minded, and loathed people who stole from others. (It was a personality trait that came with owning a company, after all). Silently, he sidled up behind the thief, and grabbing him suddenly he whispered "What khind of a mahn steals from a woman?"

The thief struggled, but Jesus was too strong for him, and held him until the policeman came running up...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 03/15/2012 3:27 PM

To be honest... the two creatures distracted me from any of the commotion was going on. I had no clue of what was going on just behind me until I heard a batch of hurried footsteps. Quickly, I took everything in, though just about the only thing that correctly - to me, at least - registered in my mind was the fact that there were police officers running in my directions. There was no way that I was going to let them take me back!

With a silent apology to the two critters, I quickly slung my bag over my shoulders and grabbed my pair of wedges before running off. It was only after I had already started running that I looked behind me once again, trying to observe the scene I left from while still trying to avoid running into the various city-goers. It quickly occurred to me that one of the men standing there was that one that I saw earlier, that mentioned the kalamarei. Was he a cop too? Maybe an undercover one?

Luckily, I was able to stop the tears from reappearing as I continued my mad dash to get out of there. I wasn't going to look back anymore. I wasn't going to let that fear build even more. Though with my still wet feet, I ended up slipping on the brick that was under me. Trust me, it didn't feel good at all. I tried to push myself up from the floor, but I was only able to make it into a sitting position. And that was when I saw the gigantic cut on my leg. Today really wasn't going well...

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/16/2012 11:32 PM

"Damn" muttered Jesus, as the policemen led the thief away. The girl had run as soon as she saw what was going on, but whether that was due to him, the police, the thief, or just the situation he couldn't tell.

He grimaced. He could smell blood on the air, but wasn't sure whose it was or where it came from... and bodies washing up ashore weren't exactly uncommon...

He sniffed the air again, and gagged as a wave of diesel smoke was blown into his nose. He doubled over, trying to keep the paella down, until the smoke cleared and he was able to stand back up.

Just then, he caught the scent of blood again, and this time he managed to get a lock-on on where it was coming from. Darting down the street, he ran until he came across a crowd of people.

He pushed his way through, and sitting in the middle of the crowd was the girl from earlier, the one who had been dipping her feet in the water.

Jesus sniffed again. The blood was definitely hers, and the smell was so strong... He didn't want to think about how much she was losing...

He took off his shirt (revealing tanned, toned abs, pecs and biceps) and knelt down beside her.

"Where arhe you bleehding from?" he asked, brandishing the shirt. "We need to put pressure on it"...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 03/25/2012 8:21 PM

"It's nothing, it's nothing~ I'm fine!" I tried to manage a smile to the stranger, waving my spare hand in the air nonchalantly and making a point of covering the gash with the other. Though the small whimper managed to escape my lips signified that the words that came out from my mouth weren't true. I looked down at the place where the gash was - still not removing my hand - and was shocked at the sight. My finger were absolutely coated in blood, not to mention the fact that my leg was shaking slightly.

"Um... here..." Removing my hand really wasn't part of my agenda, though I knew that with that much blood... well, I really needed medical attention. So I stuck with my instincts and did just that as I extended my leg towards the stranger. I took a quick look over the man and suddenly my earlier fears resurfaced - was he a cop, too?

Without a second thought, I pulled my leg back and tried to make a run for it, although I found that I couldn't even stand up, much less run. "Don't... don't take me back to that place!" I pulled my knees to my chest and curled up in a ball of sorts, gently cradling my wound. I could just imagine how pathetic I appeared to be to any onlookers - my only defense being to curl up in a ball.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/26/2012 3:59 PM

"That place" The girl cried, as she curled up into a ball. Jesus paused, just for a moment, to look at her, before putting two and two together. A runaway. That explained a lot.

Another wave of blood-scent hit his nose, and he grabbed her leg and began wrapping it in his shirt, his tanned, toned abs shining in the sunlight. He swore. The blood was seeping through the material, so he put his hands on it, and tightened, increasing the pressure.

"Medico! I neehd a doctor! NOW!" He yelled at the crowd, who were murmering. He swore in spanish, and picked the girl up, cradling her in his arms, making sure to keep one hand on her wound (her curling up into a ball helped) and turned to the crowd.

"Where is the neahrest private doctor's place? I will take her there." He shouted angrily at the crowd, furious that no-one had volunteered to get the doctor for her. He may have been a womaniser and a heartbreaker, but Jesus despised people who would stand and watch a woman suffer. He may have caused the suffering, but he never just stood and watched...

Someone in the crowd called out "That way! About 300 yards down the street, turn left, then take the second right. It's the green door on the left."

"Gracias!" Jesus called out, already running down the street. He passed two cops, and stopped at the described door, which had a doctor's plate on the wall beside it. Banging on the door with one hand, he yelled out "Doctor, DOCTOR, help, WE NEED HEEEEELP!"

Panting as the door opened to reveal an old common tengumi in a white coat and glasses, he put his free hand on the door and forced it open.

"Help her. I'll pay." He panted out.

"Bring her here", the doctor replied, showing him in and closing the door behind them, before leading them through to the surgery.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 03/26/2012 8:27 PM

Everything after he picked me up was a blur to me. A side effect of the blood loos, I suppose. I always knew my skin was soft, but soft enough to be cut this bad? From a simple fall? What did I fall on anyway? A rock? A piece of glass? A screw? That didn't really matter though. I leaned into the stranger's chest as he picked me up, my only grip on reality that was really left. The only thing proving to me that the whole world wasn't some horrible merry-go-round.

I completely lost sense of the time, but by the time the man finally stopped - was it a doctor's office? - I knew my face would be showing signs of my body's decreasing state of health. Maybe I should have just stayed in there... No. No. No! That wouldn't have done, but it would've prevented my gravestone from saying, 'Died from blood loss from some stupid and entirely avoidable fall.'

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/27/2012 4:26 PM

Jesus fidgeted. It's not that he disliked doctors or hospitals, but they always made him feel uncomfortable... edgy. That, and he should be getting back to the boat... His men would probbably be searching for him...

Jesus smiled. No, they wouldn't be. He had given orders to be left alone onshore and not to be disturbed for anything less than the boat sinking. He shifted in his seat, and looked over at the girl.

The doctor was just putting the final stitch in. It had been a bad wound, worse than he had expected... The doctor had praised him on bringing her to him so quickly. How frail her skin must be... how soft and delicate...

Jesus shook himself. Yes, ok, she was a woman, but she was an injured woman, and there were plenty of fit, healthy women back at the docks... His mind flashed to an image of a bearded, sweaty, overweight woman in a too-short skirt with hairy legs, and he gagged. "Dios..." he muttered to himself, growling.

The doctor washed his hands, and turned to face Jesus. "She needs bed rest, preferably in a peaceful and quiet environment. From the look of her, I'd say she's been travelling for a while. Do you know where her family are?"

Something about the doctor struck Jesus as untrustworthy, and he acted impulsively. "She's my...cuñada. My sihster in law. My brother married her older sihster. We were exploring the town when she fell..."

"Hmm... fair enough. In that case, I take it you will be taking her back to your boat, Mr. Domovoi?" Said the doctor with a strange look in his eye.

Jesus felt threatened. "Perhaps" He replied, "Or I might take her to my villah."

The doctor bristled. "Mr Domovoi, don't insult my intelligence. I know there are no villas in this town."

Jesus smiled. "Thehn it's amazing what money can magically make appeahr".

Without further talk, he dumped a load of Keystones on the doctor's desk, picked the girl up bridal-style, and carried her out of the building.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/15/2012 4:26 PM

I wonder how long I had been out? The one thing that I could tell however was the fact that someone - god only knows who - was carrying me. That, and the reminder of my fall. The pain that was pulsing up my leg absolutely refused not to remind me of that fact. Teddy bear. Some kind of stuffed animal. Something. They always gave me one to hug back home whenever I was hurt. That was always my first instinct now.

So I unconsciously snuggled up closer to my savior, as if that was going to take the pain away. Those stuffed animals never did the trick, but they at least me feel better about my injury. I couldn't help but let out a sigh as a thought crossed my mind: 'I really am a kid, aren't I?'

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/15/2012 5:53 PM

Jesus glanced down in surprise. He had felt the girl snuggle into him, and had to force down a very... [img]primal[/img] urge before continuing along, ignoring the looks he was getting from passers-by. He reached the crossroads, and stopped.

"Hmm. Lehft to the villah, or rhight to the docks..." The girl shifted against him, and he made up his mind. That doctor had been [img]very[/img] suspicious and arrogant...

Turning right, he murmered "If he wants a chase, a chase he gets" and proceeded to the docks.

Once onboard, he carried her to his cabin and tucked her into the bed. Closing the door behind him, he gave his crew strict orders not to disturb her, to act like she isn't there, and to inform him as soon as she woke. He then proceeded to the deck, but couldn't help overhearing someone whisper "Blimey! He's going for kids now!" which earned the poor unfortunate speaker a snarl from Jesus and a slap from the first mate.

On the deck, he leaned against the side of the boat and wondered at the doctor's attitude... Who was this girl?

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next