A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

How...unusual... ((Me an' Krypto))

Postby Jessari » 07/16/2010 11:47 PM

((Warning! Training RP. Guard your eyes against the horrors!))

Ruach strolled down the country road. There was a county fair going on, and she'd decided to attend. She didn't live too far away, and the weather was amazing, so she'd figured it would be a crime to waste it stuck inside a car. No, walking was a much better way to enjoy the weather. As she walked, she wondered about all the people who would attend. There were always odd types to be found at a gathering like this. Curiosity aflame, she sped up her pace.

Ruach: 57/195 (current posts made/total posts needed)
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Re: How...unusual... ((Me an' Krypto))

Postby Redd » 07/17/2010 1:44 AM

(Sorry about that~ Had to head out to the tip to browse around for scrap metal)

Yoru peered around, wondering how on earth he'd managed to get sent to this nowhere. He'd made it specifically clear to his 'elders' that he only did urban environments and there was no way he'd end up in some hicksville place like Sekudui.
He sighed, pacing into the country festival. He didn't know what he'd do here to occupy his time. He hadn't really been ordered to do anything, something he hated about his 'elders' orders. He'd just have to find something to do.

[67/170]

All the stories
And the loopholes
Guess you found my heart wasn't enough?
Throw another of your right hooks
Never thought you'd leave me in the dust
Now you're hungry for the control
Take the last of what I've got

Guess my heart wasn't enough

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 902
Donate
Status: Around, kinda! Feel free to reach out if there's any issues.

Postby Jessari » 07/17/2010 2:17 AM

(Funny...I didn't see your post pop up on the 'View new posts' link. Silly me. >.< Sorry it took so long)

By the time she got to the fair, Ruach had switched from enjoying the weather to wishing she had something cold in her hand. It was just a little too hot for walking, something she hadn't discovered until halfway through her journey. As she entered the fair, she postponed looking for odd people to watch and began craning her neck around, looking for an ice cream booth or something.

Ruach: 58/159

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/17/2010 2:26 AM

(xD; That's okey~ I'm assuming... that they are human at the moment? 8D; Setting up some plot here, if that's okey with you? If not, you can direct the story elsewhere~ =3 )

Yoru too entered the fair with a similar thought on his mind. It had been a pretty long flight for the Fallen Seraph-Lucain man and he did need some sort of drink or cold thing to fix him up. Some of the downfalls of being mortal, he thought with a shrug.

He stepped up to the counter of some quaint little icecream booth and ordered a simple drink, not bothering with an icecream. From memory, they'd been pretty darn awkward and messy and he'd rather avoid that.
After taking his water, he strolled around a bit stopping when he came to a sign full of advertisements. One in particular caught his attention. It read 'Font of Purity - Folktale of Sekudui'. Underneath there were several times and dates as to when the reading, play or whatever it was, was on.
It wasn't the play that caught his attention, but the folktale. Generally most folktales had some backing in real life. Maybe it was for that, that he was sent here. Then again, maybe not.

[68/170]

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/17/2010 2:36 AM

((Hehe, no problemo. I didn't have any sort of plan in mind, other than the fair as a setting. It's late and my mind is a little dull at the moment, so if I type anything that might put a kink in your plot, gimme a little shove through PMs to wake me up. :p And yah, I assumed human. Don't know that I've ever RP'ed Ruach with a Lucain form, but if the story takes that direction, I can flow with it. And it looks like my OOC post is going to be of equal size with my IC post. >.> *attempts to stop blathering*))

Ah, there it was. It was a pleasant surprise to find someone she recognized behind the counter. It was William, an elderly man that lived a ways down the road from her. Ruach smiled as she recalled the fact that his wife called him 'Sweet William' after the flower of the same name. It certainly fit him well.

After scooping out a double-dip cone of pineapple sherbet for her, William pointed towards a collection of signs. "I've been mannin' the booth all day, so I ain't had a chance to check it out," he said in his soft country accent, "but I've been hearing good things about that 'Font of Purity' thing they have going on. I've had a couple of customers mention they might go back for seconds. You should try it out, missy."

Ruach nodded, and after expressing her thanks, she wandered in the general direction, licking on her cone absentmindedly as she began to take note of the other fair-goers.

Ruach: 59/195

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/17/2010 5:35 PM

(No~ It's fine~ I'm only getting the ball rolling with an idea~ It can develop into whatever it chooses to develop into 8D; )

Yoru stood at the stand for a while, musing over the sign and what it could possibly be. He wasn't sure if he'd take the risk to figure out what it was by going to whereever the sign said. He wanted some information from a local.

He tapped the shoulder of the person closest to them and asked, "Excuse me, do you happen to know what on evelon this thing is?" He pointed to the little flyer tacked on the sign.
The closest person to him happened to be Ruach.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/17/2010 8:00 PM

Ruach, currently looking in the opposite direction, jerked just a little when someone tapped her shoulder. Hurriedly twisting her hand to lick the ice cream running down the cone towards her fingers, she turned clear grey eyes upon the speaker.

Reaching out to touch his outstretched wrist, she spoke, her voice sounding in his mind rather than in his ears. I'm not too sure, but I hear people have been flocking in and out of it all day. She smiled at him as she eased into one of her favorite subjects - people. The area around here is filled with families from a hundred different backgrounds, some from the next town over, and others from across Evelon. It could be a story from any one of their heritages, given a little Sekudui flavor to make it interesting. I haven't seen you around here before. My name is Ruach.

She shifted her touch around to take his hand in a firm shake. Her odd method of communicating was left unmentioned; if he wanted to know more about it, he could ask.

Ruach: 60/195

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/17/2010 8:18 PM

The sound of her voice filling his mind made Yoru jump and his eyes widen with surprise. Mental communication wasn't foreign to him at all, but coming from some common person... it was highly unusual and out of the ordinary. However, he tactfully concealed his surprise and listened to what Ruach had to say.

"Ah, I see. So I should probably go and check it out if I wanted to learn more about it." He replied, returning the handshake. Yoru however was too preoccupied at that current moment to start his usual greeting that involved a bit of flirting. "Mine's Yorutanekke, but I'm better known as Yoru, as it's a bit of a mouthful for most people. Is that like, your... normal method of talking?"

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/17/2010 8:25 PM

Then it's nice to meet you, Yoru, Ruach replied, continuing to hold onto his hand even after the handshake had ended.  She tilted her head, watching his reaction carefully as she answered his question. Not everyone handled her disability well, and although she had stopped being ashamed of it a long time ago, she preferred not to offend people. Yes, it is. My father, Thanos, was in a kind of magical hibernation for over a century before he awoke and met my mom. We figure the magic mucked with his genes a bit, resulting in this. My sister and I can only speak with others if we're touching them. Does that bother you? She let her hand slide away from his, then clasped her hands in front of her as she waited for his response.

Ruach: 61/195

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/19/2010 7:12 AM

(Sorry, had some work I had to do~)

Yoru shook his head at her question.
"It doesn't bother me. I was just surprised... You don't come across telepaths too often." He replied, choosing his words rather carefully, as to not cause offense.

He briefly wondered to what extent she could use her abilities, whether it was just the transmission of words, or whether she could read minds to. Then he rejected that train of thought; whatever it was, he had to not be too curious or arouse suspicion while he browsed the area for the mysterious thing he was looking for.
Generally, the way it went was, that if it was an object of good, he'd destroy it, or if it were an object of chaos, he'd take it and hoard it in his tower. And if people figured out what he was doing, they'd do everything they could to stop him.

"That certainly must be a bit of a pain." He commented idly, wondering how much more information he'd be able to get out of this girl.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/19/2010 6:30 PM

((No prob! :) ))

Ruach smiled then, and it was easy to see her pleasure at finding another person who hadn't been put off by her oddity. She wondered where Yoru was from or where he'd been that had made him pass off her quirk so easily. He sounded like he'd not only heard of telepaths, but had personal experience with them as well. She wondered what he'd say to her ice powers, but she kept that thought to herself; she'd learned to keep that specific skill on the down-low until it was actually needed. Besides, Ruach was far from a show-off.

You know, she said thoughtfully, taking another lick around the sides of her cone, I'm heading in the direction of the Fount of Purity myself, and it's nearly showtime. Would you mind continuing our conversation as we walk? The suggestion wasn't meant as a come-on, as some might have taken it. Ruach already had someone in her life, and she was more than happy with her Corr. No, Ruach sensed hidden depths in this newcomer, and being the curious person she was, she was interested to see if any more of him would come to light over time.

((Sorry, Krypto. I'm pulling Ruach out for the moment. Maybe we can RP together another time?  :) ))

Ruach: 62/195

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate