A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

On the Farm (Private)

Postby jobiehanna » 10/15/2011 7:28 PM

Nuria had always wondered what life would be like outside of the farm she had been living on with her family since she born. Sure, she loved farming and taking care of the yinshees and tuskows, but she felt her life was missing something. Perhaps that something was adventure, or love, or just something! She was now up in her bedroom peering out the window at the night sky above her. She sighed and turned around to go to bed when she saw a flash outside her window. She turned to look outside an saw something glowing in the distance. Curiosity arose within her and she pulled on her boots and snuck down the steps and into the chill autumn air. As she crept across the lawn and got closer to the object, which she realized was an egg as she got closer. It was a red and gray egg and was glowing a soft red color as she peered at it. She reached out to touch it, but it burned her skin when she touched it's smooth surface. She winced back with a small gasp. And then she looked at her hand and saw that a mark was forming on the palm of her hand. It formed into the shape of a flame and she gasped at the impression it made. It burned a little bit, but then it just felt cool.

Just then she heard a crackling noise and she glanced up at the egg she had found. There were cracks forming in the egg's smooth sides and Nuria felt her eyes wide in surprise. She began to back away, but then the egg split open with a hiss and a winged reptile emerged from it. The creature opened it's clear blue eyes and stretched its wings. Then it caught sight of the human staring at it and looked up at her curiously.  Nuria jumped back at the intelligence and wisdom in the creature's eyes. But the paragon just moved closer to her and it seemed to smile at the young woman. Nuria was concerned for the little thing's safety, but she wondered if it would harm her if she touched it. But what would happen if she just left it in the forest? That seemed like the best idea. She slowly stood up and began backing away from the creature.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: On the Farm (Private)

Postby jobiehanna » 10/15/2011 7:28 PM

The newly hatched paragon looked up at the strange human as she backed away from him. Didn't she know he wouldn't hurt her? Despite his newness to the world, Turin knew that there was something special about this human. He moved closer to her, but he also noticed the fear in her eyes. He wanted to tell her he wouldn't hurt her, but he didn't know how. So he just stared at her with his bright blue eyes and tried to tell her he wasn't harmful.

But then the words came into his head to just tell her telepathically. He was surprised at the idea and how naturally it had occurred to him. So he reached out with his mind and found that her thoughts were open to him, but he quickly disregarded them, not wanted to intrude on the human and loose her trust so soon. He could also feel her clamp down on her thoughts, so he decided to simply try words. "My name is Turin", he decided to go with. "I won't hurt you." He looked up at her again with his wide baby paragon eyes.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/15/2011 8:49 PM

Nuria's bright blue eyes widened when she heard the voice inside her head. She had sensed a prickly in her mind when Turin had first tried to connect with her, but she hadn't know what it was. She stopped backing away and pushed the voice from her mind as best she could. She didn't want to communicate with this reptile, she wanted to go back to the farm and continue life like normal.

She had heard rumor of paragon eggs appearing in the forest with no parents in sight. She had also heard rumors of paragon stealing livestock. And people seeing tracks or seeing them flying through the area. The paragon was a rare occurrence in her area, and that she had found one was extremely surprising.

Despite her reluctance to speaking with the animal, she felt a tugging at her mind like someone was trying to read her thoughts or show her something. She fought it until she felt a pain shoot threw her head. She put her hands to her head and looked at the hatchling. It was watching her so intently, and the pain was so strong she couldn't hold back anymore. Immediately following that, she felt a wave of emotions course through her. Mainly confusion an curiosity, but also a little rejection an hurt.

Her eyes shot up to the paragon and she saw the look on his face like he was the one sending her those things. After a few moments the emotions stopped and Nuria felt fine. She swallowed and then finally found her voice. "What do you want?"

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/19/2011 8:55 PM

The hostile voice of the other sent a pang of guilt through Turin's heart. Was he really that scary? "I just want to know you," he said the words like it was an easy concept to grasp, because to him, it was. The egg he had been confined in was programmed to open at the touch of his rider, and he knew this girl was to be it. That was why he had hatched. How he knew this? Honesty, he had no idea.

He could feel her clamping down on her thoughts once more, and decided that if she could see what he was thinking, maybe she would understand better. "You can see my thoughts too," he said gently. "They are open to you, if you wish. I'm not keeping any secrets, promise." He offered the girl a toothy grin that probably made him seem more vicious. But really, at this point in his life, he really couldn't hurt anyone. He had just hatched moments ago.

He could only imagine how he looked, a scrawny thing, he knew that. But he also knew that he would grow rather fast, especially if he could find food. Though he had no idea how he would find food. This area didn't seem very plentiful with wildlife.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/26/2011 12:14 PM

"Why? Why do you want to know me?" Those where the first words out of Nuria's mouth as she looked at the hatchling. What was so fascinating about her? Did this creature have any idea how much trouble she would be in if her parents found out? What if this creature grew up and ended up destroying the farm? That would be horrible.

She briefly wondered if she could read his thoughts. How was that even possible? Is that how he was talking to her now, then? Through their thoughts... That would make sense, since it was obvious he wasn't speaking out loud. She cleared her throat, "Umm, can I talk to you through thoughts, like you are talking to me?" The concept was completely outrageous to Nuria.

Wait... why was she talking to this creature, Turin? She should be running away from the reptile, but the longer she looked at it, the cuter the hatchling became. She could see that it was a gray color, and that its markings would be red in color. It seemed like an odd combination, but perhaps he would be a spectacular dragon once he was full grown. She chastised herself for thinking about what the creature would be like when he was older. She couldn’t keep it or see it once it was full grown.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 01/07/2012 3:15 PM

Why? Well that was a simple answer. Because his egg had opened at her touch. But would she understand that? "I want to know you," Turin began. "Because my egg opened at your touch." He could tell this was a hard concept to grasp, but he didn't know how to describe it. "That mark on your hand? It signifies that I belong to you, and you to me," he added calmly.

"Yes, yes you can," he said, his thought-voice excited. "It's quite simple, actually. Just think your thoughts and aim them at me. It takes some effort, but after a while it will become effortless." It was good that the girl was showing interest, because if she didn't then this would be a lost cause.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items