A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Re: S1: Rebel & Toxxic [ Sekudui Farmlands ]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/11/2012 9:36 PM

Lyssaneth paused, tongue still in half-lick of her forearm. "Sorry, I mistook a magistrey egg for an easter one, and the nesting bird jabbed me with her beak. I didn't mean to alarm you, but thank you for your concern." She didn't know whether to be happy or embarrassed that he had come running to help her, as it was the first time someone had cared enough to who wasn't a direct relative. She settled for the former, and resumed licking her forearm.

"I apologise for interrupting your search... did you find any more eggs in the trees? I think I got all of the ones in the branches..." She asked Souretsu, in between licks. The wound would soon heal, it wasn't deep, but she didn't know what the magistrey may have eaten, and it was sore. She waited for him to answer, hoping she hadn't annoyed him with her foolishness...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2591
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/12/2012 10:00 AM

Souretsu
[ 14 || 67 ]

Souretsu cringed slightly as Lyssaneth recounted what had happened. "Ouch..." He sympathized with the pain, knowing what happened when he stuck in nose in places they really didn't belong, even if by accident. Tilting his head slightly, Souretsu was a bit surprised that she had apologized. Smiling, he spoke. "Oh, no, you didn't interrupt me. I just wanted to be sure everything was okay. I think I got all the eggs, but, right now, I want to  be sure your wound is okay... Is it bleeding much? I'm sure we can find some lichens, and a thick leafed grass to wrap around it, if it would help," Souretsu offered kindly.

"Huh?"

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/12/2012 10:40 AM

Lyssaneth smiled at his concern, and his helpful suggestions. "Thank you," she said, "but I don't think it's too bad. She wasn't attacking, just warning me to back off. But I think a leafy bandage might be a good idea... I'm sure we'll find an appropriate leaf whilst we're looking for the eggs." She was very grateful for his help, but didn't want to put him off their task with her folly. Just as she was about to inquire where they should go next, he exclaimed "Huh?".

"What's wrong? Did you hear something?" Lyssaneth asked, with concern in her voice. He hadn't sounded anxious, but she couldn't be sure. Her eyesight was good, but her hearing was standard, so she often relied on visual stimuli to help her... Had he heard something important?
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/12/2012 10:30 PM

Souretsu
[ 14 || 68 ]

Glad to hear that the wound didn't appear to be too bad, Souretsu was eagerly ready to go fetch some bandage for her. That is, until he heard a scurry going on above him in the trees. His ears had pricked to it, causing him to look confused as he looked for answers. As he did, he spotted the another magistrey taking flight from the tree, with squawking coming from within the tree. Apparently, the mother magistrey wanted no one near her eggs. Souretsu chuckled. "Oh, it's just another bird," Souretsu answered, smiling. "Must be a good momma up there. Alright, well, let's get that bandage together, hm?" With a wink, Souretsu bounded into the sparse forest to scrounge up some lichens, which would help collect the bleeding. "I'll find the lichens if you can fetch a nice, strong, long blade of grass! Cattail is usually strong and long, and it's also cushiony," Souretsu suggested as he searched around.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/12/2012 10:44 PM

Lyssaneth began to search for the leaf Souretsu had described in the undergrowth. She felt foolish, but smiled at how he seemed to find joy in everything. She hoped they hadn't disturbed the magistrey too much, though... It would be awful if anything happened to the eggs.

She found a leaf that seemed to fit Souretsu's description, and upon picking it up, found a pair of camouflaged eggs hiding beneath it! She picked them up daintily and placed them in her backpack, before turning to find Souretsu. She couldn't wait to tell him the good news about her find, and she needed his help to bandage her wound.

Suddenly, she spotted movement in the reeds around the pond next to the group of trees where Souretsu had disappeared. "Souretsu? Is that you?" She called, unsure of what to do... She didn't want to disturb anyone else, but what if it was Souretsu, and he needed help? "Souretsu?" She called again, worry filling her voice...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/13/2012 5:48 PM

Souretsu
[ 14 || 69 ]

Snooping around the earth, Souretsu searched keenly for the lichens. He found a nice sunny patch of earth that appeared to be a good place for them, and, sure enough, upon a smooth rock, there was a nice collection of the spongey plant. "Ah, there we go," Souretsu said as he trotted over to it. Using his claws, he scrapped off quite a bit of the material, and, begrudgingly, put the material in his mouth. Souretsu was by no means a herbivore.

Lifting his head, Souretsu's ears pricked to what sounded like Lyssaneth's voice. Already, he could feel worry in her tone. Was something wrong? Quickly, Souretsu spun around, dashing out to where he'd last seen Lyssaneth. Through a muffled voice, he tried his best to call out, "Myffffaneffff! Ev'ryfink otay?" The last thing on his mind right now was how funny he probably sounded, and looked, with the gray lichens sticking out of his carnivorous mouth.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 5:56 PM

Lyssaneth heard what sounded like Souretsu's voice (albeit muffled) coming from behind her near a sunny patch of long grass. She sighed with relief, but then frowned again... If Souretsu was over there, what was in the reeds?

"I'm fine," she called out cautiously, "but there seems to be something moving in the reeds over by this pond... I was wondering if it was you." She sat down in the sun, and waited for him to join her, pressing on her wound with some leaves. She was in two minds about whether or not to investigate the reeds (after all, she didn't want to disturb another creature and get injured again). She decided to wait and see what Souretsu thought of it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/13/2012 6:02 PM

Souretsu
[ 15 || 70 ]

Souretsu tilted his head as he came up beside Lyssaneth, glad that she was alright. As she spoke of something moving in the reeds, Souretsu's eyes locked on target, and he lowered his jaws to release his bandage material. Tail swishing slightly, Souretsu glared suspiciously at the reeds. "Hm..." After a moment of thought, he looked up to Lyssaneth and responded, "We'll take care of your wound first, and just keep an eye out on that area. I don't want to get into any unnecessary trouble today." Grinning slightly, but still carrying a serious tone, Souretsu picked his plant gauze up and placed it on Lyssaneth's wound. "There. Now, that long leaf can be wrapped around, and you'll be better before you know it," Souretsu beamed with a warm, optimistic smile.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 6:10 PM

Lyssaneth smiled; her wound felt better already... His gentle care caused her to blush. She hadn't had someone care for her like that in a long time. She raised her head to keep an eye on the patch of reeds whilst he dealt with her wound.

Once he was done, Lyssaneth wrapped her forearm in the leaf and secured it with a long curved thorn she had picked from a nearby bush. The patch of reeds continued to move suspiciously, but Lyssaneth noticed an orange glow beside it which could be an egg...

"I can see an orange patch by the moving reeds... It could be an egg. What should we do?" She asked Souretsu, still keeping her gaze locked on the reeds.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/13/2012 6:16 PM

Souretsu
[ 15 || 71 ]

Souretsu stepped back as Lyssaneth finished off the bandage, smiling at their teamwork. They certainly did work well together! He grinned, happy at their teamwork. However, his grin quickly faded as his ears pricked to the rustling in the reeds. Souretsu spun around, ears flattening as his eyes focused on the reeds. As Lyssaneth spoke, he caught sight of what she was talking about and eyed it suspiciously. There was no need to back down now. After a moment of thought, Souretsu spoke, with almost a leader-like voice. "Let's go check it out, but we should be mindful to expect anything... We don't know quite yet what's in there, and I've yet to see an egg that can move on it's own." Cautiously, Soruetsu slinked forward towards the reeds, tail swishing in a cat-like manner.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 6:24 PM

Lyssaneth followed, being careful to keep her tail raised, ready to swipe it down at anything that threatened them. Though she loathed hurting others, she liked Souretsu, and wasn't about to see him get attacked - especially when she had suggested searching the reeds. She glanced at her forearm; they certainly made a good team, and she was grateful for all his help...

As they got closer, she noticed that the reeds were getting taller the closer they got to the water's edge. At one point, she couldn't see Souretsu at all! She panicked a bit before she caught sight of him again, a little to the left of where she had guessed he would have been. She hastened to catch up...

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/13/2012 6:29 PM

Souretsu
[ 15 || 72 ]

Slinking bravely forward, Souretsu's keen eyes never moved from the target. He had learned long before not to take your eyes off the target, else you lose the advantage. There was something there, but Soruetsu couldn't yet make out what it was. Soon, however, he slipped into the reeds, and used his cat-like agility to weave in and out of them in almost complete silence, like a hunter stalking his prey. Souretsu could feel the hard land turning to mud, indicating they were getting closer to the edge of the water. Perhaps it was just some water bird..? Souretsu couldn't be sure. They had to actually see it to know. He glanced back, quickly, as he felt Lyssaneth catch up from behind. He stopped for a moment to be sure they were still together, and when he was sure he slinked forward again, preparing to pounce on whatever it may be, if the need arose... Very quietly, he whispered, "Can you see it, yet?"

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 6:45 PM

"Not yet" she whispered to him. "All I can see is a lot of reeds... can you smell anything?" She reasoned he had a much better sense of smell than her, so he could probbably identify species by their scents.

"Wait - something just moved in the water, next to the orange blur..." She stretched her neck as far as she could, in order to see better. "I still can't tell what it is, though..." She felt really useless, but refused to hang her head. She needed both eyes open for this. But what she did notice was that there was a pale blue egg nestled amongst a red and an orange one, over in another bunch of reeds! She whispered her discovery to Souretsu, and waited for his reply.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/13/2012 7:15 PM

Souretsu
[ 15 || 73 ]

Still, nothing yet was known. Souretsu's suspicions were beginning to increase. Of course, it could just be some others looking for eggs as well. That could always be a possibility. But, it could also be something threatening... There was just no telling until they saw it. He stopped, crouching low amongst the reeds, and drew in long scent in order to answer Lyssaneth's perfectly valid question. However, the only scent he could draw the smell of water. Unfortunately, water usually drowned out other smells. Slightly dismayed, Souretsu shook his head in answer.

Something caught Lyssaneth's attention, which alerted Souretsu. He quickly looked in the direction she was looking, eyes keenly watching the surroundings, but there was still no certainty as to what it was. When her evaluation came, Souretsu looked up to her, seeing her hang her head in dismay. Quickly, yet still keeping his voice at a whisper, Souretsu said encouragingly, "It's alright, Lyssaneth. So long as we stick together, we'll figure things out." Sure enough, she appeared to perk up; but not because of what he'd said. She revealed her findings, and Souretsu's face brightened with a smile. "Is that what we've been chasing all this time?" Still managing to keep his voice low, just in case, Souretsu still couldn't hide the amusement in his voice.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 7:19 PM

Lyssaneth couldn't believe her eyes, and she began to giggle. "Souretsu, there's a little red matches bird trying to sit on one of the eggs... It looks like a cherry on top of a cake!" She straightened up, and let her tail down. One little matches bird trying to hatch an easter egg! So that was what she had seen moving the reeds!

She bent her head, still chuckling, and whispered to Souretsu "What shall we do? I don't want to scare the poor thing... But it does look rather funny!"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext