A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

@@ A Taste of Youth

Postby Chayden » 01/01/2011 8:03 PM

forgot to note before that these two are in the process of being lifemated.
ImageImage
Num x Bennedy

"A-are you kidding me?" a small, effeminate Candy Apple trilled, looking up into the eyes of a straight-faced Sorrow.
"No, I'm not. I've never eaten a cake before." he replied, returning his gaze.
"W-well, we have to f-fix that, then!" the other male insisted, pulling on his companions tail excitedly. "Come th-this way, c-come this way, the bakery is j-just over here."

They padded through the grassy field together, the first Kuhna dashing ahead, then falling back to make sure that the other was still coming along. He had a smile on his face the entire time; he always did when he was around the Sorrow. Simply enough, that one was Num's best friend.

Num had always been... a little different. It wasn't like he had been dropped on his head as a child or anything; no, far from it. He wasn't too much of an outcast in society, despite his stuttering (and always claimed that it was better to have one true friend than a bunch of fairweather ones). He didn't live in a questionable area of Nabias, and had never even broken a bone before. It was just that he didn't act his gender. He was smiley and affectionate. Num didn't see anything wrong with "real" hugs. He loved to bake, and was sensitive enough to be a female. Bennedy would tease him about that sometimes, suggesting that he behaved the way he did because he really was a female. But the words never carried any malice with them.

No. Bennedy cared to deeply for Num to ever break his heart like that.
"Nummers," he complained, dragging his paws slightly in the moon-dampened grass. "I thought you said we were close."

Unseen in the darkness, the Candy Apple blushed. That nickname...! "N-nngh... I did! You're just s-slow."
Bennedy grinned. "Yeah, that's gotta be it."

Truthfully, Num was his best friend, too.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Re: @@ A Taste of Youth

Postby Chayden » 01/01/2011 9:42 PM

Num had decided that Bennedy was amazing before he even knew it himself.
It all started when they were children.

They simply happened across each other one day. Their homes were not close together, but they had still been put into the same class. There was an overwhelming amount of children there, but, as they say, opposites attract. The two gravitated to each other, as they both were sitting quietly at the back of the classroom.
But, if they looked back on it now, both boys would have said that there was a specific reason why they decided to stay with the other.

For Bennedy, it would be Num's wide, bright eyes.
For Num, Bennedy's muted sense of courage.

As they walked the last stretch of land to the bakery, they both went over their childhood together silently. And, unwittingly, they synced their steps perfectly. One little and nervous, the other large and confident.

Two halves of a perfect whole.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate