A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Mindless Musings (Private)

Postby Thunder » 07/03/2011 10:51 PM

(Quad)

Tori wasn't sure why she was here. Actually, Tori was never sure why she was anywhere. What did a farmland have to do with finding her missing memories? Surely wide open fields with Tuskows and Rooskens and Yinshee running everywhere wouldn't be able to reawaken those lost memories. Or maybe she was just here because she needed a break from searching. Maybe she just wanted to enjoy watching the cows and chickens and sheep.

At any rate, Tori found herself leaning on a fence, staring at a pasture full of fluffy, colorful Yinshee, watching them graze. How peaceful their lives were! They didn't have to worry about crazy stuff like amnesia. Tori sighed to herself and wondered what a life without worries would be like. She glanced over her shoulder for a moment, looking at her mechanical wing-and-a-half, before returning her gaze to the Yinshee.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: Mindless Musings (Private)

Postby Becca » 07/03/2011 11:09 PM

(Quad)

Where was she? It had happened again. The blankness. The time where she lost all thought and awoke exhausted and in a new place. Those were the times when the other girl came out. The strong one. Now the fragile one was back, the one who started at every sudden movement. The canine trotted cautiously along the fence, sniffing the air, ears pricked. She wondered where her parents were. They always worried when she disappeared like this and they would soon send someone out looking for her. But until then she just needed to stay calm and not let her other self take over again. Otherwise it would take even longer for her parents to find her.

The lucain had become so lost in thought that she didn't see the paragon until she was only a few yards away....

Summon the djinni with your mystic pentacle,
he appears in guises most fanciful.
Tread with caution of his deceitful ways,
lest this be your last of days.
Give him his charge and send him on his way,
before his tricks lead you into disarray...

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 477
Donate

Postby Thunder » 07/05/2011 5:15 PM

Tori was so preoccupied with watching the Yinshee that she failed to notice the purple colored Lucain wandering towards her. However, once the Lucain got close enough, she could hear the sound of shuffling grass, and she looked to the side. She blinked at the sight of the female Lucain sniffing around, as if the canine was lost.

"Hello?" she called to the Lucain. "Are you okay?" Tori stepped away from the fence and turned towards the Lucain, folding in her wing-and-a-half in an attempt to hide the unnatural limbs. Her metal wings weren't exactly small, however, and they still stuck out considerably. She hoped that the Lucain wouldn't notice right away.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 07/05/2011 8:28 PM

The lucain started violently. She had not seen the paragon, and when she had spoken it had given the canine quite a scare. She instinctively crouched low to the ground and tucked her tails underneath her. This was the normal reaction that she had every time that she was startled. She didn't know why. Post people wouldn't have reacted quite so violently but for some reason she did. She shivered slightly...

"Wh-what? Y-yes.... I'm fine.... Who are you?" she said, tentatively. She could feel that other part of her beginning to stir. She determinedly tried to quell it, she could not have her other self taking over.

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 07/06/2011 6:45 PM

Tori looked a little panicked when she realized she startled the Lucain. "I'm sorry!" she cried. "I didn't mean to scare you like that." Goodness, that was quite the reaction. Perhaps this Lucain was very shy? Tori blinked and also crouched down on the ground so that she was eye-level with the Lucain, hoping the gesture would signal to the canine that she was friendly. "Um, I'm Tori. Who are you?"

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 07/06/2011 9:30 PM

River tried to calm herself down a little. She could do it if she thought about her parents back at home. The thought of them always calmed her down.... "Its fine... I startle easily..." she said, tentatively. She straightened herself up and tried to regain at least a semblance of composure. It didn't really work. Her nerves were a tad shot at the moment. "I'm sorry about that. Its a normal reaction for me... I'm River..."

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 07/07/2011 7:49 PM

Well, it seemed that the Lucain didn't think Tori was hostile. That was good. I guess she's just a bit wired, the metal-winged Paragon thought to herself. Once River got back on her feet, Tori rose as well, hoping that the Lucain felt slightly more comfortable now. "Aw, River is a nice name," Tori remarked, giving River a small smile. "I'm Tori. It's nice to meet you."

She hoped River wouldn't be startled by her metal wings.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 07/09/2011 11:37 AM

River wasn't startled by the metal wings, she was fascinated by them. The way the light glinted off of them intrigued her. She had seen wings before but never metal ones. Her tails began to wag a little as she looked at them. "Your wings are pretty," she said quietly. She had a very childish voice, half a whisper, shy. "They shine very nicely in the sun..."

((OOC: Blarg, fail on my muse's part))

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate