A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Re: Acceptance [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:29 PM

Hiyori’s eyes narrowed dangerously, and she glared up at the taller girl, wondering how much trouble she’d get into for trying to slice her in half. Kisuke looked between the two nervously as Haru smiled and Hiyori glowered. After a few tense, silent moments in which neither girls’ gaze was diverted from the other, Hiyori finally snarled darkly and turned to Kisuke, focusing her anger on someone who wouldn’t fight back; someone she actually wasn’t scared of.

“And just what the hell are you doing?” she snapped, pointing an imperious finger at her captain. “Sitting around like a lazy idiot isn’t going to help our squad’s image. Everyone is going to think we’re just useless, lazy, losers like you!” She stomped towards him (pointedly ignoring Haru‘s comment of “Who‘s lazy?”), and Kisuke reeled backwards a little, careful to keep out of her personal space. He didn’t want to get his head bitten off, after all.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:29 PM

“Fight me.”

Kisuke and Haru both blinked in shock, looking faintly confused.

“What?” Kisuke asked, sounding a little surprised.

“I said ‘fight me,’” Hiyori repeated. “Or are you dumb and deaf? Now get up.” Her hand wrapped around the hilt of her sword, her glare intensifying as Kisuke stayed stationary.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:30 PM

“I’ll only fight you if we fight hand-to-hand,” Kisuke replied good-naturedly, rubbing the back of his head. “After all, fair is fair, right?” He glanced at Haru as if awaiting her approval, but she just huffed and rolled her eyes, folding her arms delicately across her chest.

“Whatever, captain,” Haru growled. “It’s a stupid idea.”

Hiyori smirked, aware that Haru was not comfortable with the idea of her fighting Kisuke in any type of combat; just another way to get under the woman’s skin. “Fine,” she agreed, leaping over the railing and waiting for Kisuke to join her. “Let’s get this over with.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:30 PM

Haru watched passively (well, passive except for the eye twitch that had suddenly developed) as Kisuke calmly took his place across from Hiyori. He just stood there, blinking stupidly and waiting for Hiyori to attack; he didn’t even bother with any defensive or offensive crouch. He just…waited. Haru rolled her eyes, anticipating what the outcome of Hiyori’s ridiculous attempt to prove that Kisuke wasn’t captain material would be.

“Hey,” she called lazily to the two men who watched beside her with baited breath. “Five days of paperwork says she kicks his ass.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:31 PM

The two men gulped, and glanced between Haru and the two combatants, looking somewhat nervous. Finally, one of them agree. “Deal. My bet would be on the captain.” Haru reached over and shook his hand when he held it out to her, his companion shaking his head at his friend’s stupidity.

Kisuke glanced at Haru out of the corner of her eye. She’s betting against me? Does she have so little faith in me? Well, might as well give her those five days off. She deserves it. His resolve steeled, Kisuke focused his attention back on Hiyori. “Anytime you’re ready!” he called, waving lazily with a large grin stretched out over his face.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:32 PM

Hiyori wasted no time in charging towards him. Kisuke watched her passively. Hiyori was puzzled by the fact that he made no move to dodge or run or even counter attack as she leapt from the ground, aiming a kick at his face. Her eyes widened slightly when she saw Kisuke dodge to the side, his movements so fast, the two men on the deck hadn’t even caught it. Haru did, however, and Hiyori heard her faint gasp of surprise as Kisuke moved back into the path of her kick.

What the hell?! Hiyori cried inwardly, startled. She couldn’t stop her momentum, and it carried her right into him, her feet colliding with his face. Kisuke bounced backwards, propelled by the force of the blow, and landed hard on his back in the dirt, unconscious. Hiyori landed gracefully in front of him, staring down at him with an angry, thoughtful look on her face, before she took off. What’s his problem?!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:32 PM

Haru stared in shock at Kisuke’s prone form, his body lying still and immobile on the ground except for the occasional twitch. The men beside her were already moving, jumping over the rail and hurrying to their captain’s side with shouts and cries of dismay. Had Kisuke really just taken that hit? On purpose? What was wrong with him?

Haru leapt over the rail herself, and dashed over to his side, kneeling beside him. She leaned down over his face, inspecting it carefully; she certainly hoped that wouldn’t leave a sandal shaped bruise. The two men hovered behind her, asking if their captain was okay, and wondering how he could’ve let Hiyori get the drop on him like that.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:33 PM

When Kisuke’s eyes snapped open, Haru’s face only inches from his, she squeaked, looking startled, and sat back on her heels. With a frown, she suddenly raised her hand back and smacked him upside the head. The two men behind her gasped in shock, and then attempted to placate her, hovering hesitantly just out of reach.

“Owwwww, Haru!” Kisuke whined, holding his head as he sat up. “What was that for?”

“Idiot,” Haru grumped, shaking her head. “Why did you do that?”

“Do what?”

“Don’t act stupid, captain.”

“I’m not acting.”

“My mistake, you’re always stupid. I meant, why did you let Hiyori kick you?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:33 PM

The two men behind her shot her a quizzical look that Haru couldn’t see, before the one who’d made the bet decided it’d be best to high tail it out of sight before Haru remembered to collect on those five days of paperwork. He was regretting it already. He grabbed his friend by the sleeve, and the two quickly took off, glancing back over their shoulders only once to see Haru shooting them a wry look over hers.

Haru turned back to Kisuke, a frown on her face, before she smacked him again.

“Owwww, damn it, Haru, stop that! It hurts!”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:34 PM

“It’s supposed to, Kisuke,” she growled, rising to her feet. “Why did you let Hiyori kick you? I’m not blind, and neither is she. We both saw what you did.”

Kisuke rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. “No idea what you’re talkin’ about, Haru,” he chirped, looking genuinely clueless. Haru sighed dejectedly, before she held out a hand to help him up. Kisuke took it gratefully, and Haru hauled him up along with her. Unfortunately, she used a bit too much strength, and Kisuke nearly went plummeting forward into her.

He managed to catch himself before he toppled over, and Haru’s hands shot up to catch him on the chest. Kisuke froze, feeling Haru stiffen in front of him, their faces inches apart, bodies barely brushing. A dark blush wound it’s way up her neck, and Kisuke watched it bloom across her cheeks with curious fascination. Without thinking, he reached up a hand, fingers brushing lightly over one high cheekbone, before tucking a stray strand of dark hair behind her ear.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Haru had frozen, body immobile and eyes wide as she watched him lean closer, his face thoughtful and curious as his breath brushed over her lips. “K-Kisuke?” she murmured, and she felt him freeze against her, before his fingers trailed down along her jaw in a slow, smooth motion.

“Haru,” he whispered, and before she knew what was happening, she felt the barest of brushes against her lips. Her eyes widened further as she realized he was kissing her, his warmth seeming to seep straight from his hands and into her body. His fingers cupped her jaw, keeping her from jerking her head away. The pressure was light, almost fleeting; there was no force in his touch, and Haru knew she could have easily pulled away from him. But something inside of her didn’t want to.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

His lips pressed against hers, a feather-light caress coaxing her to kiss him back. Haru wanted to run, to get as far away from this strange onslaught of feelings and emotions as fast as possible, but her traitorous arms had begun to lift, hesitantly, and almost haltingly, wrapping around his neck. She felt Kisuke smile into the kiss, his teeth nipping gently on her lower lip, almost slyly asking permission, which Haru gave over without a fight.

His tongue delved into her mouth, twisting and twining with her own, and Haru gasped into the kiss, unused to such a foreign feeling, her body arching against it’s own will against his. She felt more than heard Kisuke groan softly, before a very amused voice broke the silence.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:35 PM

“Kisuke, don’t you know that things like that belong indoors? Pervert.”

Haru leapt away from Kisuke as if she’d been burned, her eyes round and wide as they darted around for the source of the voice. Kisuke grumbled under his breath, rubbing the back of his head before he turned deftly to the figure perched on the wall just behind them. “I’m the pervert?” he grouched, darting a glance back at Haru. “You’re the one sitting there watching it all, Yoruichi.” He heard rather than saw Haru gasp in shock, before she buried her face in her hands and groaned.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:36 PM

The purple haired woman cackled, before she leapt down gracefully from the wall, her white cloak billowing behind her. “Gotta say, Kisuke, I know you like to be efficient in your work, but I never knew you worked this fast.” She strode forward and clapped Haru on the shoulder, nearly sending the smaller woman tumbling over. “You certainly do have good taste though.”

“Captain Shihoin, would you please not stand so close?” Haru grumped, her cheeks darkening with a blush as Yoruichi leaned in to stare at her. “And what do you mean ‘this fast’?” Her eyes shifted to Kisuke, who was looking a bit uncomfortable at where the topic was heading. “Captain?”

“Nothing, Haru,” Kisuke evaded, his gaze shooting daggers at a very widely smirking Yoruichi. “We’ll talk about it later. Okay?” Kisuke’s tone, one that brooked no arguments, was unusual for him. Maybe it was one of the reasons Haru let the subject drop. The other reason was that she didn’t feel it was wise to discuss anything in front of the ‘Demon Cat.’

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/01/2014 6:36 PM

Said Demon Cat had now locked gazes with Kisuke, something unspoken passing between them as they glared at one another. Haru  blinked, glanced from one to the other, and then decided that it would be best to vacate the premises. “Oooookay,” she managed, hoping she wasn’t drawing too much attention to herself. “I’m just gonna go…do some more…paperwork then.” She glanced quickly at Kisuke, who had only spared her half a look that promised they would talk later, before she’d sprinted from the courtyard and leapt over the railing to dart back to her room. Behind her, she could already hear the two captains bickering.

“Damn it, Yoruichi! You have horrible timing!”

“Horrible? Or awesome?”

“What? No, not- It’s horrible!”

---------

(Next Part)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous