A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Re: Being Alternate [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:58 PM

Finn couldn’t help but wonder what she’d been thinking when she agreed to her sister’s proposal. Finding their mother (and subsequently her ship) was turning out to be more of a hassle than she’d originally thought. For all they knew, their mother had sold the ship to some crackpot bounty hunter who would shoot her on sight. Finn’s shoulders drooped at the thought; she sincerely hoped her mother was crazy enough to still be using that old ship for her runs.

But, just in case…

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:59 PM

Finn slid her blaster from it’s holster and flipped the safety off and the charge on; she wasn’t the best shot, but she was good enough in a pinch. She glanced down at the data pad in her hand. The small copse of trees wasn’t far from where the signal emanated; she wouldn’t have far to walk to get to the ship, wherever it was. She just hoped she wasn’t trespassing.

As she stepped out from the shelter of the trees, she was greeted by a curious sight. According to her data pad, the ship was just up ahead, but all she could see was what looked like a dome shaped house, very well camouflaged into the landscape. “No wonder we couldn’t see anything,” she muttered, tucking the pad into one of her pockets. She could just make out, from her position near the tree-line, the forms of a few people moving in and around the dwelling. Some of them wore armor, some wore regular clothing, but none looked like the woman she was looking for.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 4:00 PM

“Drop your weapon and turn around slowly, aruetyc.”

The blaster slipped almost instantaneously from her fingers when she felt the cool metal of a weapon pressed against the small of her back. “Easy there, buddy,” Finn murmured, her lips hardly moving. She turned slowly, raising her hands in the air to show compliancy. “I don’t mean any harm.” As she raised her eyes to see who it was that had accosted her, she wasn’t surprised to see that they were covered from head to toe in armor. The pale green accents on what was mostly dark gray gave no indication of where he was from; she could only imagine he was part of whatever clan was occupying the home just beyond the trees.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 4:01 PM

“Who are you? What are you doing here?”  The black, emotionless t-visor stared her in the face, and the muzzle of the blaster he was holding prodded her once in the shoulder, as if demanding an answer. She had a feeling that he would get it, one way or another.

“Look, fella. I didn’t mean any harm. I’m just here looking for someone.” She could’ve swore the air around them grew even colder with her statement, and she resisted the urge to shudder when he leaned forward; she knew he was staring her down, looking her over and sizing her up. Finn gulped; she certainly hoped he didn’t see anything he didn’t like. Was there any way to look less ‘shoot-me-now-I’m-guilty-of-something’?

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 4:02 PM

“Bounty hunter, huh? Then I guess I should dispose of you here. Nothing personal; just can’t have you dragging anyone-”

“Now hold on!” Finn protested, grabbing the butt of his blaster so quick, she nearly yanked it out of his hands. He jerked it out of her grip and shoved her backwards until her back collided with a tree. “I-I’m not here for a bounty. I’m just looking for someone related to me, all right? Nyreen Vollen. Does it ring a bell at all?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 4:03 PM

The man jerked his helmeted head backwards, as if he was surprised, but didn’t lower his blaster. “And why exactly would you be looking for anyone with a name like that?” he immediately shot back, and she could hear the suspicion in his voice.

“Ny Vollen is my mother,” Finn spat, careful to keep her hands raised at her shoulders. “Since you’re so keen on knowing. Look, if she’s not here, can you just let me go? I’ve got to get back to my ship.”

“I don’t think so, aruetyc. Come with me.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 4:04 PM

Of course, ‘come with me,’ really meant ‘I’m going to poke you in the back with my blaster so you move forward.’ Finn growled under her breath and tried very hard to keep her mouth shut as she felt the cool metal pressing into the small of her back for the umpteenth time. Gritting her teeth, she decided that trying to punch a hole through his t-visor probably wouldn’t be the best way to go in this situation.

“Listen, I’m really not a bounty hunter. I’m on the level, okay? I’m just a cargo pilot, that’s all. Nothing dangerous about me.” Finn wondered if he was even listening; he hadn’t so much as twitched when she’d spoken, or even acknowledged that she was speaking at all. They just kept moving forward, and when Finn glanced ahead, she realized that the people she’d observed moving around early had either disappeared, or, in the case of the armored ones, mobilized.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 4:05 PM

Frakking Mandos and their armor.

As they neared she could see that the figures not only sported armor, but weapons too. And they didn’t look all that friendly. Oh dear, Finny-girl. What have you gotten yourself into this time? She wasn’t entirely sure, but whatever it was, it didn’t look good for her. The man behind her already seemed skeptical of her reason for showing up on their property unannounced; she could only guess at what the rest of his mobbish, militia looking clan would think. She was just glad TK was still in the ship. Maybe the little idiot would get a clue and get lost before something really bad happened.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 4:06 PM

“Hi there!”

Well, it was worth a shot.

A myriad of blank stares (or what could be perceived as blank stares through the t-visors) greeted her exclamation. Finn slumped a little, visibly deflating. What else could she say? ‘Hi, I was just wondering if you knew where my mother is? You see, she owns the ship here. And maybe you bought it from her, but I’d like to know where she is. And please don’t shoot me for trespassing, I have a very good reason, you know.’ Yeah, that’d go over super. But maybe it would work?

“What have you dragged in now, Kom’rk?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 4:06 PM

A man with sandy gold armor stepped forward; he was smaller than the others, and when he walked, it was with a gait that belied his age. Finn knew he was old, if not from his walk, then from the sound of his voice.

“I was not ‘dragged in,’ thank you very much. I’m not dirt. And like I told your blaster-happy compatriot here, I’m not here to cause trouble. I’m looking for someone-” She saw the group shift nervously. “-but I’m not a bounty hunter! So don’t get any crazy ideas. I’m looking for a relative.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 4:07 PM

“Who, exactly, are you looking for? I don’t think anyone here is related to someone like you. You’re sticking your nose where it doesn’t belong. This isn’t some gawk and stop fill up station where you can just ‘take a look around.’” Finn’s head snapped towards the man who had spoken. He wore pitch black armor, and at his feet sat one of the ugliest creatures she’d ever seen. Without thinking, Finn pointed and imperious finger at it, and lifted her eyebrows.

“What the frak is that thing?! It looks like an old sack with too many wrinkles!”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 4:07 PM

The smattering of laughter told her that a few of the strangers agreed with her, but the man in the black didn’t seem amused. He shifted his grip on his blaster, his finger twitching on the trigger, before the man in the golden armor placed a hand over the end of the rifle. “Easy, Vau,” he muttered, before turning his helmet back to face her. “Can you tell us your name? And the name of the person you’re looking for?”

Finn shifted uncomfortably, well aware of the man standing only a few inches away behind her. “My name is Finn Vollen.” She saw the collective group stiffen in shock, similar to the way the man behind her had behaved when she‘d first told him the same thing. She caught a glimpse of him shaking his head, as if he didn’t quite believe it. Finn scowled, and pressed on. “Look, I’m trying to find Nyreen Vollen. She’s my…mother.” Another collective stiffening of the crowd. “Judging from your reactions, I’d say you all know her. Or knew her. Is she…here?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 4:08 PM

“Finn…Is-is that you?”

Finn blinked and peered around the group towards the door of the home. A flash of graying brown hair, pilot’s coveralls, and some blonde woman trying disparagingly to hold the older woman back (“Ny, we’re supposed to stay inside!”) and Finn suddenly found herself bowled over backwards as a pair of arms wrapped around her and a small body slammed into hers. “Gah!” was all she managed, her arms wind milling with the effort of keeping her upright; it was a battle she almost immediately lost, falling back into the hard earth with an audible ‘thump.’

She blinked, staring up at a suddenly fading blue sky, and glanced down at the woman who had latched herself quite thoroughly around her neck. “M-Mom?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 4:09 PM

“Finn! I haven’t seen you in years!” Nyreen practically hauled Finn up by her neck, her arms still locked tightly around her neck. “How did you find me? Where have you been? Is TK with you? What exactly are you doing here, anyway?” Ny looked confused as she sat up, finally releasing her death grip from around Finn. The pink haired woman flopped back into the dirt, gasping for breath.

“Nice…to see you…too, mom,” she heaved, and Ny’s cheeks darkened a bit with embarrassment as Finn hauled herself upright.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 4:10 PM

“In answer to your questions; TK, in space, yes, and looking for you.” Finn glanced up when the looming shadow beside her suddenly shifted, kneeling down beside them and removing his helmet. She quickly had to remind herself that this man had previously been poking her in the back with a blaster, because hot damn, if he hadn’t been, she’d have jumped him. He cleared his throat, almost pointedly, and shot Ny an amused look, one eyebrow raised in question.

“I take it she’s telling the truth then?” he asked, his dark eyes flickering back and forth between Ny and Finn.

“Yep, she sure is,” Ny murmured, and Finn was alarmed to see tears brimming t the corners of her eyes. “My little girl. It’s been so long since I’ve seen you.” She patted Finn’s arm, almost awkwardly, as if she hadn’t just given her the biggest hug of her life.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous