A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Being Alternate [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:38 PM

Finn, Blood Kuhna

“So, how many we get today, TK?”

The young woman glanced up from her data pad, her fingers stilling on the screen, before she went back to scanning through her list. “Looks like we got about four runs lined up in the next month. That’s a bit much Finn, don’t you think?” Her eyes lifted to cast a questioning look in the other woman direction. The only thing visible were the bottom half of her pilot’s overalls. Her legs jutted out awkwardly from beneath the cockpit’s control panel, and a series of ‘clanks’ told TK that Finn was working on their ship, which was always in some sort of state of disrepair.

--

(AU of my own characters, since in my version of the universe some of these in this RP aren't alive anymore)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Being Alternate [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:38 PM

“Well?” TK prompted, tapping a screen on her data pad and scanning over her information a second time. “Don’t you think we’re getting ahead of ourselves here?” A very loud bang, a sudden puff of smoke, and a rather impressive string of curses was the only answer she received as Finn rolled herself out from beneath the control panel.

“Frak!” she coughed, waving a hand in front of her blackened face. She pulled her goggles off of her eyes, settling them on the top of her head. “Kriffing piece of junk. That’s the second time today it’s done that to me.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:39 PM

TK could see that Finn definitely wasn’t kidding; various blackened spots littered her arms and coveralls from her previous attempts to find the problem that currently had them grounded. Finn reached over and grabbed a rag from her toolbox, wiping off the smudges from her face. “Anyway,” she began, scrubbing one glove covered hand through her pink hair (TK would never know why Finn had chosen that particular shade of dye). “What was it you were saying about being ahead of ourselves?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:44 PM

“Well, like I said,” TK huffed, blowing her bangs out of her face in a manner than Finn often said made her look younger than she was. “I think four runs in a month is pushing it. The 3-Z can’t manage all those, with the state it’s in.” She shot Finn’s blackened gloves and face a pointed look.

“Maybe you’re right,” Finn muttered, rubbing her chin carefully. She brushed s stray strand of severely sheared hair from her face, and hauled herself to her feet. She was practically swamped by her pilot’s coveralls, and with her sort hair cut (minus that ridiculous pink color, of course) she looked more man than woman.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:47 PM

“But we need the money. We’re goin’ broke, TK, if you haven’t noticed.” She raised a brow at the holes in her coveralls, and then nodded her head at TK’s own clothes, which looked a little too well lived in. “And we gotta eat at some point.”  

TK sighed, hanging her head. “Yeah, yeah. But there’s no way The Silver Nexu could even manage half of these runs, let alone all four.” Her face twisted with concern as she glanced up at Finn, who had turned back to the control panel and seemed to be trying to glare it into submission. “Finn…I think it’s time we called mom.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:47 PM

Finn spun around so fast, her goggles flew from her head and clattered to the floor of the cockpit. “No way,” she protested, immediately throwing her arms over hr chest. Her face morphed into a scowl, and TK instantly regretted even brining up their mother. “I’m not going to ask mom for…anything. Besides-” she paused to scoop up her goggles and place them back on her head. “-we don’t even know where she is.”

“But I can find her!” TK announced proudly, holding up her data pad. “As long as she’s still flying her old ship. And knowing her, she wouldn’t just ‘give up’ the Cornucopia.” She brought the pad back down to her ace, and immediately began punching in something on the screen.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:49 PM

“Fine,” Finn relented, and it was obvious from her tone that she was resigned to her fate. She didn’t want to ask her mother for help, but she honestly didn’t see how they could make it by with a bum ship and no creds. If TK could find the Cornucopia, then Finn would set a course. If she couldn’t…well, they’d both need to find a new line of business.

“Found it!”

Finn blinked, taken aback by TK’s abrupt announcement. “Already?” She strode over to peer over her sister’s shoulder. “You’re fast. So where is she?” The data pad was blinking with a little red light, and Finn scrunched her nose, not sure what that meant.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:49 PM

“She’s on some planet called…Mandalore?” TK peered up at Finn anxiously, her wide, blue eyes curious. “Where’s that at? I’ve never heard of it.”

Finn’s lips thinned, and a muscles jumped in her jaw. “I have. And whatever she’s ding down there, it can’t be good. Mandalore is a planet full of mercenaries; least, that’s what I heard, but it could be-”

“Says here, it’s just a bunch of farmers and bounty hunters,” TK interrupted, heedless of her sister’s sour expression.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:50 PM

“Can’t be too dangerous. Do you think the Nexu can make it all that way?” TK recoiled as another muscle in Finn’s jaw ticked, and her eyebrow joined in th4e fun and began twitching.

“Of course it can!” she exclaimed, nearly knocking TK out of her seat on the small sofa. “Or my name isn’t Finn Vollen!”

“Don’t be so dramatic.”

“TK, shut up. You’re killing the moment.”

----

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:51 PM

“How much you wanna bet we’re gonna get shot when we land?”

“TK, don’t make jokes like that. It freaks me out.”

“I wasn’t joking.”

Finn patted the blaster at her hip anxiously, then locked her fingers back around the control stick. “I don’t even want to joke about getting shot. This place is freaky enough as it is. I haven’t even seen a single house out here. It’s like it’s deserted.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:52 PM

As if to emphasize her point, she brought up a holochart of the general topography of the landscape; it was riddled with mountains, hills, forest, lakes and streams, and the occasional town (which looked more like a bunch of mish-mashed buildings thrown together). But no homes. No people. Nothing.

“The signal says we’re getting close, though. Mom’s ship is only a few clicks to the north.” The beeping on TK’s data pad was becoming more insistent as they gained ground on their target. “You know,” the younger sister remarked casually, an impish smile curling over her face. “We could be bounty hunters; we’re good at tracking people down, apparently.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:52 PM

“Provided mom even owns that ship still,” Finn bit back, her knuckles turning white on the steering panel. “Listen, TK. I think it would be better if you stayed in the ship. I’ll get out and have a look around, and if it’s safe, then you can come out. But if something bad happens…Well, you just start the ship and get out of there, all right?”

“Stop being such a dramatic idiot, Finn. You and I both know I wouldn’t leave even if something bad did happen. Just head north, all right?”

Finn grumbled something under her breath that TK didn’t quite catch (but she was probably better off not knowing what it was), and leaned forward in her seat.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:54 PM

TK shrugged her shoulders, unconcerned with the possibility of walking (or flying, rather) into all kinds of danger. In fact, she might welcome a bit of danger; their life had been getting sort of stale lately, what with being grounded so often due to mechanical problems (read: failures).

The beeping on the data pad suddenly ceased, and TK glanced down abruptly to see that they were almost on top of the signal. “It’s here?” she murmured, then glanced at Finn, who was fiddling with one of the buttons on the control panel. “See anything?”

“Just dirt. But the scanners are picking up a lot of life forms somewhere down there. Just don’t know where, exactly. Something’s jamming my signal.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:55 PM

Finn scowled, slamming her finger down repeatedly on the sensors button. “Nothing,” she spat. “I’m gonna set us down near those trees. Better to keep out of sight for the most part. Whatever is down there either knew we were here, or knows we are now. But either way, we still have to figure out where mom’s ship is.”

She jerked back on the steering column, and their ship rose high above the treetops. Finn was an expert pilot, and TK watched, outwardly fascinated, as she maneuvered the large freighter into a sparse meadow between the trees. The ship settled heavily on it’s dampers, hissing and popping as the drives cooled. “Okay, TK, stay here. I’ll be right back.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/16/2014 3:57 PM

Finn unbuckled her harness and rose from her seat, swiping TK‘s data pad on her way. TK followed suit as Finn handed her a small, spare blaster, scowling at the loss of her ‘pad. “Just, uh…don’t shoot yourself, okay?” Finn warned haphazardly, patting her own sidearm as if to make sure it was still there. TK clutched the blaster and nodded, looking faintly annoyed at being left behind. “Hold down the fort. Don’t do anything stupid,” Finn called as she opened a hatch and leapt from the cockpit without bothering with a ramp. TK shook her head, rolling her eyes carelessly as she watched her sister stride carefully through the forest.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next