A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

That Man is Dangerous [Self] [M, G + V]

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/31/2014 1:35 AM

Click for human form!
Silas knew very well about the rumors going around the town. There was some mysterious man staying at the inn; one of those big shots in a pressed suit and tie with a funny looking smirk and a funny looking stare. Like he was hiding something. Something big and important. And Silas wanted to know about it.

But of course, he wasn't about to just walk up to the guy. That'd be inviting trouble, and plus, he had a job to do. Silas tugged at his collar, the summer heat making the fabric stick to the back of his neck uncomfortably with sweat. He shifted the papers in his hand, then cleared his throat and waved one paper in the air. "Extra, extra! Read all about it! Another sheep stolen from the mayor's estate! Culprit still uncaught!" Silas bellowed into the street, then licked his dry lips and adjusted his hat on his head. "Extra, extra!"

Behind him, General Stumps meowed in irritation, and Silas glanced back into the shady alleyway where the fat cat lounged on a vegetable crate. Silas flashed him a grin, looking apologetic. "I'd join ya, buddy, but I gotta sell these papers. Sorry about the noise." General Stumps blinked lazily, then sniffed and curled up tighter, facing away from Silas. Silas smiled ruefully, then turned back to the cracked asphalt road, taking in another breath and continuing his tired old speech.

[1]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: That Man is Dangerous [Self] [M, possibly]

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/31/2014 1:43 AM

Click for human form!

It wasn't exactly the most pleasant day for a stroll.

Cyril had emerged from the inn dressed as he always was: clean suit, neat tie, dark hair slicked back when he could afford it, and falling loose around his face when he hadn't the time to think about such things. But it was a lazy day, and the tall, dark man looked as clean-cut and proper as he could, save for the sheen of sweat on his cheeks. It was a humid day, as sunny as it was. Perhaps it would rain later that evening, Cyril thought idly, tilting his head up to look at the clear sky.

Perhaps not. Cyril folded his hands behind his back and walked at a leisurely pace, surveying the small, dusty town with an air of indifferent curiosity. It was a rather nice venue. Rustic, out of the way, rural, overlooked... Optimal, really, in his opinion. There was simply the problem of it being much to close-knit, and above all... much too quiet.

Most of the time. Cyril's eyes flashed in surprise as he suddenly heard a boy's shouting, and he stopped to listen. Ah, paperboys. Cyril chuckled to himself and continued walking, catching sight of the boy's hat as he turned a corner, and he nearly collided with the boy, if not for his quick stop and polite nod. "Afternoon," he murmured.

[1]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/31/2014 2:11 AM

Silas had nearly jumped clean out of his pants when he saw the tall man out the corner of his eye, and nearly yelped when he spoke. The man's voice was something else; deep, present, and tinged with some foreign accent that made Silas stare at the man as if he'd grown a second head. "G-good afternoon sir," came Silas' canned response, which he thanked the lord he could lean on while his heart calmed down.

Cyril raised an eyebrow at the boy, amused, then seemed to give off a more relaxed posture. "It's a rather hot day out today. I do hope you're not working yourself too hard?" he purred, a soft look in his eyes. Silas stared at him for a moment, then glanced past the man, then back up to Cyril's face.

"No, sir," Silas murmured, a touch of apprehension leaking into his voice, and Cyril's eyes flickered as he picked up on it. Silas blinked, then swallowed and put on a smile. "Paper, sir? Just a nickel a piece. I know you're a newcomer to this town, but there's some real sneaky business going on right now at the mayor's house. Real juicy gossip. You want in?" he asked, growing more relaxed as he continued talking.

[2] [2]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/31/2014 2:14 AM

Cyril chuckled, his lips pulling back in a grin as he tilted his head at Silas. What a charming boy. What he lacked in manners he made up for in easy conversation. "I believe I'll buy one," Cyril murmured, reaching into his pocket to pull out a quarter. He glanced at it, considering it, then held it out to Silas, who took it with wide eyes. "Just one paper," Cyril added as Silas shifted towards the stack of papers.

Silas blinked, surprised that the man had guessed his actions. Five times the amount of money meant five papers, anyway... Shaking his head to clear it, Silas took the coin and pocketed it. "Thank you very much, sir," he said, bewildered, handing a paper over to the man, who took it with a gracious smile.

"Thank you, my dear boy," Cyril said, then tucked the paper under his arm and nodded to Silas. "I suppose I'll be seeing you, then," he said, beginning to walk, and he raised a hand in farewell as he passed. "Ta."

[3] [3]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/31/2014 1:46 PM

Silas watched the man go, and as Cyril's figure receded, Silas seemed to deflate, his tense shoulders slacking and his rather pale face flushing back to life. That man seemed to have a presence that sucked the life and air out of every living thing, and Silas hadn't realized he hadn't really been breathing until he finally exhaled a held breath and stepped into the shade of the alleyway for a moment. "Jesus..." Silas muttered, taking his hat off and ruffling up his own hair. General stumps looked up at Silas with a somewhat concerned glance, then began lapping at his chest fur, or what he could reach of it. "I dunno about that guy, boy," Silas began, leaning against the crate for a moment. "Something's really strange. Unsettling. That's a good word for it..."

[4]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/01/2014 11:38 AM

Reports have said that yet another one of the mayor's sheep was taken from his farm sometime last night. The perpetrator, whether human or beast, made little effort of hiding it's transgressions, leaving a healthy smattering of blood along the side of the barn. Sheriff Michaels is currently still investigating but found no other traces of footprints or tracks, other than a trail of blood that led into the nearby woods where the sheep's body was found strung up in a tree...

Cyril smiled to himself, flicking the paper out once to straighten it as he read. Oh, how gory. Was that how this town got its kicks, then? Even so... word of mouth seemed to travel much faster than it did by paper, as Cyril had discovered, sitting in the town diner. The place was positively abuzz with murmurings, women talking in excited voices about this apparent scandalous crime. It was all a game to them, Cyril thought, his eyes lazily dragging over the page. ...with various viscera hanging about it...

"Your sandwich, sir?"

Cyril looked up from the newspaper to the waiter, then smiled politely and folded it up. "Yes, thank you very much," he said, setting the newspaper down on the corner of the table. The waiter set the sandwich down in front of him and glanced at the paper, a sort of nervous smile crossing his face.

[4]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: That Man is Dangerous [Self] [M, G + V]

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/01/2014 11:45 AM

"Hardly good reading while you're eating," the waiter chuckled, straightening back up. "Those boys down at the printing press don't spare any details..." Cyril fixed the young man with a sort of knowing smile, then bent his head to bite into his sandwich, reaching down to pick up the paper again.

"This Michaels fellow is quite young to be a sheriff," Cyril mused after swallowing, opening the paper again to look at his picture. Hardly a hair on his chin, and bright, intelligent eyes, probably just shy of twenty-five. "Wouldn't you say so?"

"Oh, he's young alright," the water said, picking up Cyril's dwindling glass of water to refill it, but didn't leave right away. "But he's responsible for sure. He'll figure all this out. I trust him..." Cyril's blue eyes flicked to the waiter, who looked a little dreamy, before the latter blinked a few times and blushed, realizing what he'd said. "I-I'll go refill this," he said quickly, darting away.

Cyril watched the young man go, his eyes slowly settling on sheepish. What a shame, he thought, taking another bite of his sandwich and picking up the newspaper again, looking at the sheriff's face in the paper. That waiter was such a nice man. It really was a shame...

[5]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/01/2014 7:57 PM

Silas' mother looked up in surprise as the boy opened the door, and she smiled from where she stood in the small kitchen. "There you are. Just in time for supper," she said, and Silas grinned sheepishly as his stomach growled.

"Thanks a ton, ma. I'm starving," Silas sighed, rubbing his stomach and slipping out of his newspaper satchel, hanging it up on the coatrack on the wall. "Need me to do anything?" he asked, taking off his hat as well and hooking it onto the same hook.

"I need you to go wash up before dinner. Your brothers should be back in soon, and your sisters are playing upstairs. Call them down on your way up there, hm?" she said, stirring a pot of chunky stew and smiling over her shoulder at him. "You look like you've been working hard. It was hot today. A cold shower should perk you right up."

[5]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/01/2014 8:10 PM

Silas nodded, though he found the prospect of getting farther away from that delicious soup smell not very optimal, but he quickly darted up the stairs, skipping one each time. "Heeey! Agnes, Jordie! Dinner's ready," he said once he'd gotten to the top of the stairs, and a moment later Agnes' face poked out of one of the doors, her expression sour.

"Silas! What are you shoutin' about! You woke up Minnie!" Agnes hissed, and Silas blinked as he heard the baby fuss inside the bedroom, and Jordie's soft voice cooing the baby back to calmness. Silas winced, holding up his hands in apology as his older sister scowled at him.

"Sorry! Sorry," he breathed, scratching at his head and looking sorrier than he really was. That seemed to placate Agnes a bit. "Anyway, dinner's almost ready, and you could bring Minnie down, too. I bet she'd like to sit at the table," he chuckled, going towards the bathroom.

Agnes snorted, tilting her chin up at Silas' retreating figure. "If she could sit up by herself, I bet she would!" she said with a humph, and closed the door to join Jordie in putting Minnie back to sleep.

[6]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate