A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Re: The Kindness of Strangers [P,Duskie] [M] [L]

Postby Mousen » 10/05/2014 4:23 PM

Atlas raised an eyebrow, and despite feeling worse for wear, a rather devilish grin illuminated his face for a moment or two. "Anything, huh? Do you really mean that, Rexus?" He laughed, breaking off suddenly with a small "tch". Laughter and migraines (even fading ones) weren't the best mix.

"Okay, seriously, why? Why even bother with being nice?" It didn't really make logical sense, you had no idea who the stranger was, what they were capable of or what their intentions were. Surely, having as little contact as possible was the logical solution.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 10/05/2014 4:52 PM

Rexus smiled a slow and easy smile, his eyes half-lidded. He had been expecting this. He wrote slowly and deliberatley before turning it back to Atlas, his slow and easy smile still in place. The page he had pushed towards the young man was filled with his lazy scrawl, and it read;
'I was like you once. I was a traveller, well, not really a traveller. I was a wanderer. Not even that, I was feral. I was caught and sold to the highest bidder, who just so happened to be the owner of this farm house. She 'tamed' me, I suppose. Its why I can't talk. It hurts my throat if I say too many words. But she taught me how to look after the animals, how to cook, all of the herbal remedies I know. She had shown me a lot of kindness, and I repay her kindness by showing it to others.'
There were a few lines left untouched before the next sentence.
'Why? Is that wrong?'

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/05/2014 5:02 PM

Atlas frowned slightly, his brows knitting together. It seemed silly to be worried about a man who was clearly more competent than he was, let alone be worried about things that were already a part of his history. He shook his head and tried to order his thoughts, it took longer than he'd like to admit to. The events of the day were taking their toll.

"Well... I've been travelling around since I was sixteen. I ran away. It's not that I haven't had help, or that I haven't needed it, I just learnt that you couldn't count on the kindness of strangers. So, I guess you just bemused me," he paused, nervously twisting a loose strand of hair around his fingers. "I've been kinda hung up on this, huh? I don't like feeling like I can't pay people back, or that I owe them. I guess I just wanted to make sure you realized that you had no obligation towards me."

He was avoiding eye contact with Rexus again. "What you do is very honorable, Rexus."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 10/05/2014 5:08 PM

Rexus would have laughed if he thought his throat could handle it, instead he simly grinned wide, biting back his laughter as he pulled the pad to himself again, scribbling another sentence before pushing it back to Atlas.
'I don't do this for just anyone, you know.'
The page teased, Rexus's own teasing smirk coming into play as he leaned forward on the table. If you didn't know rexus, you could have sworn he was flirting. But of course, Rexus never flirted with anyone.
Supposedly.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/05/2014 5:25 PM

As Atlas read what Rexus had written, he slowly turned more and more scarlet, his blush clashing horribly with his bright auburn hair. On any other day, Atlas would have replied in a second with a flirtatious comment of his own, but today was not any other day. He'd been given a brief and personal glimpse into the life of a stranger, and returned it with one of his own. "O-oh," he managed quietly, after a moment or two.

Atlas also leaned forward, wearing his usual lopsided grin. Despite him blushing, it gave him a rather rogue-ish look. "I'm not sure what made you count a sopping wet nomadic accordion player as 'not just anyone', but I'm rather glad you did."

Oh gosh, he was really too exhausted to flirt properly. He knew he'd start saying things he'd regret if this continued.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/05/2014 5:36 PM

A simple smile, one that tugged at the corners of his lips and made his blue eyes all the more vivid. He pulled the pad back to himself, wrote again.
'I don't have any spare beds, I'm afriad, but you can take mine and I'll sleep by your feet, if that's alright?'
He pushed the pad of paper back towards him, tilting his head with a questioning glance as he drained the last of his drink in his mug, smiling gently as he stood to wash it.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/05/2014 5:48 PM

Just as the blush started to fade it was back with vengeance. Before opening his mouth to speak, he realized that he was in danger of really pissing off Rexus again. Considering their conversation moments before, perhaps it'd be wiser to tread more carefully.

He sighed softly, meeting Rexus's gaze. "I'm assuming that this means that you're not going to let me sleep on the floor, right?" It was worth asking, right? "If that's only option that means you get a bed too, I'm fine with it. I don't think I can win any arguments against you right now."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/05/2014 8:40 PM

Rexus glanced over the page and gave a silent sigh, taking the pad back before scrawling a little note under his previous sentence, pushing it back towardsh im with a smirk playing on his lips. Rexus placed his chin in his hand and his elbow on the table, leaning forward slightly towards him, his grin small and playful nontheless.
'I meant in albie form.'

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/06/2014 2:37 AM

The lopsided grin remained, but he did turn a slightly brighter shade of pink. "I know what you meant," he admitted. "I'd been going to suggest that I should use my sabbit form, but I'm really not fond of it. I know sabbits are predators, but... I still feel really vulnerable like that." He shrugged, crossing his arms. " I can if you'd like, though." It'd be annoying, sure, but getting a good night's sleep as a sabbit was still getting a good night's sleep.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/06/2014 8:41 AM

Rexus simply gave a nonchalant shrug, not truly caring one way or another. He stood from the seat, giving a long, slow and lazy stretch before he shifted his form, a biolune albie standing in the kitchen, were Rexus previously stood. The male blinked lazily, watching Atlas with interest before padding over to him and soft butting his horns against his leg, giving a long yawn and a feline-like stretch to show his tiredness, before he shoojk out his pelt, flicking his tail and ears.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/08/2014 4:06 PM

Atlas watched Rexus with some amusement. It was sweet, seeing him like that. It seemed he was as good as communicating silently while in his animal form too, it figured. At any rate, Atlas knew exactly what he was trying to say. "I get you, no need to headbutt me. It's far too adorable for me to take seriously anyway."

He let Rexus lead him upstairs until they got to what Atlas could only assume to be Rexus's room. The lights hadn't been switched on upstairs, so Atlas found it difficult to make much out. He didn't really mind, though. At this point all he really wanted to do was find somewhere to curl up.

He looked over at Rexus, where his biolune pelt was casting a soft light on the wall and looked a little awkward. As someone who traveled on a very small budget, Atlas was used to sleeping on close quarters with other people, but it didn't mean that it stopped being awkward. He took off the few tiny pieces of jewelry he wore, a couple of silver rings and a rough quartz point on a cord around his neck before placing them on the bedside table.

Despite the fact that his host had remained shirtless throughout the evening, Atlas was glad that the cold weather had necessitated the vest top he currently wore under his shirt. He unbuttoned it and folded it up, placing it with his other things on the table. Even in the dark, it was possible to see that he was heavily tattooed across his back and down both arms, even if it was difficult to make out precisely what they showed. "Thank you, by the way." Atlas said suddenly, addressing the albie. "I really mean it."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/08/2014 6:38 PM

The slight shift of the biolune makrings in the dark was thweo nly notion that Rexus moved, a slight tilt of the head was all, and he jumped up into the bed, finding a comfortable place to lay, he lay on his stomach and waited expectantly. His blue eyes were easily seen in he dark, the biolune lines reflecing off them, giving them a strange shine. He blinked slowly and lowered his head, resting his chin on his crossed front paws. He shifted about on the bed a touch, finding a comfortable way to lie before he closed his eyes, attempting to drift off.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/11/2014 2:41 PM

Atlas sat on the edge of the bed, watching Rexus for a moment or two before settling down. It took him awhile to get to sleep, and Atlas found himself drifting, not quite awake, not quite asleep. His thoughts were colouring his dreams, he found the tents of his father's circus outside of Rexus's house. Upon entering one of the tents, the inside of which looked more like his dressing room in the last theatre he'd played at, a fortune teller waved him over. Atlas didn't recognize her. Wordlessly, she handed him a tarot card, the Six of Swords. It crumpled to ash in his hands. Atlas would have apologized, but she'd already stabbed him.

Atlas opened his eyes, exhaling slowly through parched lips. He has a fever. No wonder his dream had been so weird. It was still dark outside, but his own sense of time told him that it was somewhere in the AM, maybe two, maybe three. He rolled over and tried to fall back to sleep. A couple of hours passed and Atlas would have found it difficult to say whether or not he'd actually fallen asleep during that time.

He looked at the ablie, apparently still fast asleep at the end of the bed. Gently, trying not to disturb him, Atlas swung himself out of bed, landing lightly on unsteady feet.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/11/2014 3:58 PM

Rexus snapped up, his hackles risen, ears pressed back, fangs bared and tail bushed, snarling and barking viciously at the intruder, his claws extended and digging into the bedsheets. After a moment or two, his snarls subsided into soft, apoligetic whines when he realised he was snarling at his guest. Slowly padding over to him on the bed, the Albie gently butted his glowing horns into Atlas's arm before tilting his head, wondering why he was getting up. Though he put on a veneer of calm, he was obviously still tense, shown by the still-fluffed tail and the twitching of his ears, as if they were seeking any peculiar sound in the house.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/11/2014 5:18 PM

Atlas nearly jumped out of his skin when Rexus started barking. "Shit!" he exclaimed in his surprise, it taking him a moment to process quite what was going on. "Oh. Good grief you scared me there." He should have realized that it would be near impossible to sneak out with Rexus there.

He bent down, so he was on eye-level with the albie. "I'm afraid I'm out of excuses to stay. I know it's early, but I've got a hellishly long walk ahead of me." He paused, reaching out to affectionately ruffle Rexus's ears. "You should go back to sleep."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext