A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Re: The Kindness of Strangers [P,Duskie] [M] [L]

Postby Mousen » 10/14/2014 3:47 PM

"Oh my gosh, that is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. I hope you know that, Rexus." His voice was quiet, but there was a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. He scratched Rexus's ears with one hand, sighing contentedly. He was starting to feel a little bit better, maybe the worst of it was over for now. "You're breaking my heart." People who were that intimidating while in their human forms should never, ever to be allowed to be that adorable when in their pet form. It shouldn't be possible.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 10/14/2014 5:27 PM

A soft mewl escaped from his muzzle. he would deny it until the ends of time, but right at this moment he was putty in Atlas's hands, his soft, scratching, searching hands that found just the right spot to illicit another soft mewl of pleasure, a deep purr sounding in his chest, his paws again kneading at the bedsheets, his tail flicking happily as his eyes closed and he pressed his head harder into Atlas's hand, still mewling and purring gently, wanting more pressure.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/26/2014 1:17 PM

"Rexus, I hate to tell you this, but there is no possible way in which you can actually be this adorable. Hence, I'm hallucinating. Hence, I'm probably way sicker than I thought or you're actually poisoning me. Either way, I'm probably going to die. It's a shame, really. I've got a list six foot long of all the people I still haven't apologized to." He sighed dramatically. Atlas knew that he was being ridiculous, but didn't really care.

"I'm not keeping you from anything am I? Do you have stuff to do?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 10/27/2014 1:46 PM

Like he would abandon this bliss for anything in the world. Rexus just gave a soft humm in the back of his throat, pressing his head into Atlas' hand again, his tail flicking still under the blanket. He gave a soft chuff, shaking his head as if to re-inforce that he had nothing to do. He shifted his weight slightly, leaning slightly further into the man.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/27/2014 7:17 PM

Atlas grinned, closing his eyes. If he wasn't keeping Rexus from anything he was quite content to make sure the albie was happy. Besides, it was so damn cute.

>> <<

It took longer than Atlas had anticipated for him to be back on his feet, the symptoms taking a few days to subside enough for Rexus to be happy letting him wander about the house at his leisure. His balance wasn't quite perfect yet, but it would do.

They were just beginning to form a routine, a lifestyle that involved each other, Atlas's mindless chatter, and Rexus's stubborn attitudes. Atlas knew he was in trouble the moment that all this began to seem familiar rather than awkward. He was beginning to care too much, and the thought terrified him. Leaving was both inevitable and necessary, there was nothing to be gained my overstaying one's welcome, but the longer he stayed, the harder it would be to go. It would be the right thing to do, to leave, he'd be able to slip out quietly without burning bridges.

So, why couldn't be bring himself to mention it to Rexus?

Atlas finished dressing himself in the bathroom, as per the routine. He platted his hair loosely, just to keep it out of the way, and checked his reflection in the mirror. The pinched look was fading, though Atlas couldn't help but suspect it was something to do with the fact he was now getting three square meals a day rather than the fact than anything else. Reasonably satisfied, he headed down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Morning."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/28/2014 12:21 PM

A shift of muscle across his shoulders was the only indication that Rexus had heard Atlas. He turned to see him, giving him a smile of greeting before turning back to the food on the stove, plating up their breakfast, he placed a plate before the other man, leaving his own on the countertop as he moved to the sink to wash the now greasy pan, beginning to scrub at it gently, wanting to have it clean so the grease couldn't settle.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 11/20/2014 5:39 PM

"Thanks." Atlas said gratefully. "You know, I'm still not entirely comfortable with just mooching off of you, Rexus," he commented idly. "Please don't start glaring at me, but there must be something I can do in return. I don't mind helping around the house and stuff. I might look like an unkempt tramp most of the time, granted, but I'm actually pretty useful, I swear." Some of the jobs he'd taken to pay for his nomadic lifestyle hadn't been the most glamorous, but hey, he'd survived.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 01/01/2015 7:33 AM

Another slow shrug was all he gave, having finished washing the pan he padded to the table, seating himself and beginning to eat, his eyes half-lidded and his movements lazy. Eventually, he finished what food e had on his plate and he placed the plate into the sink, making a slow motion to the sink, inviting Atlas to take care of the less physically exerting chores as he began to go outside in order to care for the animals, as per Rexus' usual morning routine.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/18/2015 5:24 PM

Atlas nodded at the gesture. "Sure, I'll take care of it. No worries." He stood up, taking his own plates to the sink and letting the tap run for a moment, testing the temperature with one hand. He didn't particularly want to be scalded today. "Hey, Rexus?" Atlas called as Rexus left. "Thanks."

He continued washing up, staring out of the window above the sink. This was oddly domestic, and the young man couldn't quite decide if that was a terrifying or comforting thought. In the end, he settled for ignoring it and finishing the dishes.

Though, distracted with another train of thought, he let the piece of cutlery he was washing slip from his hands, hitting across his knuckles. He flinched in surprise, realizing a moment later there was blood flowing freely from the wound. Shit. He'd dropped one of the knives. Atlas exhaled slowly, rinsing the soap from his hands and using a ragged tea-towel to stop the bleeding until he could find where the first aid box was located. It wasn't that the cut was particularly bad, Atlas didn't even think it would scar, but it did sting.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/02/2015 12:41 PM

Walking back in from finishing the farm work, the scent of blood filled Rexus' nostrils. He growled low in his chest, prowling into the kitchen and moving beside Atlas, grabbing his wrist and giving him a forceful glare. His other hand reached towards the first aid kit that sat by the sink, for moments like these. He opened it with his teeth, nearly tearing apart the red fabric in his haste, grabbing bandages and gauze, along with antiseptic spray, he nodded for Atlas to take a seat at the kitchen table, his hard glare giving no room for argument.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/02/2015 1:35 PM

Atlas knew better than to argue with Rexus at this point. He allowed himself to be lead to the kitchen table. "Can't trust me to do anything, huh?" He asked, sheepishly. "I don't know what's wrong with me recently, I'm a walking disaster." Well it was true, what with him passing out a few days back and now cutting himself while washing up.

"At least I've got you grumble at me, though. Y'know, knight in shining armor and all that." Even as he said it Rexus was aware of the lie. He didn't have Rexus, Atlas was just a guest, someone that by now Rexus had perhaps started to regard as a friend, but nothing more than that. While Rexus wanted him to stay, it wouldn't be long before the man changed his mind and tired of his company.

This situation, however much Atlas cared for it (and by default, Rexus too) it could only ever be temporary.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/02/2015 1:39 PM

Rexus smiled softly at his words, working quickly and bandaging up his hand. He inclined softly to the sink, his eyebrows risen, asking him if he wanted to give another try. He gave a soft pat to his bandaged hand, smiling gently and almost lovingly, a shine in his eyes as his lips tugged at the corners into a slight grin, his eyes crinkling at the corners.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/04/2015 4:30 PM

Atlas nodded, blushing slightly at Rexus (dear Zu'hai he was getting too attached). He stood up and moved over towards the sink, carefully ensuring that he didn't cause himself anymore injuries. He hummed softly as he worked, it turning into a soft song. He had a melodious, lilting voice. It was a little strange, but not unpleasant.

"Oh-" Rexus said suddenly, where he was coming back to him. "I'm sorry. I always sing to myself when I work."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous