A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Re: The Kindness of Strangers [P,Duskie] [M] [L]

Postby MythicDusk » 10/04/2014 5:14 PM

A few minutes later, Rexus said nothing and simply placed down the plate laden with food infront of Atlas, followed by cutlery and he switched off the stove, cleared up after himself and sat opposite him, motioning for him to eat. He took this time to examine the man before him. He was... Small, petite and kind of cute. Rexus simply tilted his head slightly, blinking slowly, watching his every move with unadulterated interest.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/04/2014 5:37 PM

Atlas picked through his food, surprised to find that he actually felt a little bit nauseous. He pinched the bridge of his nose, exhaling slowly. He tried to think back to what he'd eaten last, though, if memory served he'd picked through that as well. The last few days had been a little bit much, perhaps. That was nothing to worry about, though. He'd be fine.

He had to wonder why he was taking so much trouble to reassure himself of that fact. "Hey, uh, Rexus," His red eyes trailing downwards as he spoke, as if embarrassed. "You don't have any paracetemol, do you? I really hate asking, but I don't think there's any left in my rucksack."

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 10/04/2014 6:38 PM

Rexus shook his head slowly, but stood. He moved to the kettle and the spice and herb rack standing above it, and he grabbed a mug. He began to throw in spices and herbs, seemingly at random. Truth be told, he had learned various herbal remedies for relieving headaches, nausea among other illnesses. He paused in his concocting and tilted his head towards Atlas, frowning slightly as he examined him from across the room. He gave him a questioning glance and rubbed his own stomach while pulling a face of what could only be described as nausea, before pointing towards him with a questioning glance, following it with a rub of his forehead and his face contorted into one of pain, before continuing the questioning glare, his blue eyes boring hard into reds, daring him to lie.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/04/2014 7:04 PM

Atlas shook his head. "I'm fine, I swear. Seriously, it's just been a long day for me. You don't need to do anything. I'll be fine." He knew that Rexus really wouldn't like the answer he'd been given. It was the truth, what was he supposed to say?

He met Rexus' gaze, then quailed slightly. "Okay, admittedly, I do feel pretty shit right now. It'll pass. There's no need to worry about me. I'll be out of your hair tomorrow anyway." Atlas failed to notice the fact he kept contradicting himself.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 10/04/2014 7:44 PM

Rexus's eyes darkened and he pointed to Atlas's head and stomach again, more forcefully this time, his broad shoulders bunching slightly under his skin, a vein in his neck throbbing, showing his deep irritation at this man and his continued stubborness. He moved out here to get away from stubborness like this. He crossed his arms and tapped his foot, keeping up a tattoo of pure irritation, his arms folded across his broad chest.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/05/2014 5:24 AM

"I'm telling you, I'm fine. I am just pointing that out, so you can stop fussing over me." Atlas sighed, he really didn't have the determination to keep arguing with his stubborn host for much longer. Besides, Atlas didn't want to find out what happened when he irritated Rexus even more than he already had done.

"... You remind me a little bit of an old friend when you glare at me like that, she always used to fuss far too much. Though, when she fussed she tended to panic. I can't imagine you panicking any. It's funny, she was biolune too."

Rexus's expression still seemed annoyed as ever. "Look. Right. If you want to act like an overbearing mother hen, that's fine with me. Yes, you're right. ...Are you satisfied now?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/05/2014 5:27 AM

Ruxus felt his jaw begin to move, but not a sound escaped from his throat as his mouth moved in a tirade, he seemed to be scolding the young man. A few short sentences later, he throw up his arms in irritation and went back to the mug, throwing in the required herbs before adding hot water, stirring it and slamming it down infront of him, a small spash of the hot liquid escaping over the rim. He then quickly sat himself down opposite him, his legs crossed, but one still bouncing in irritation as his lips pulled into a hard line, his eyes closed and his brow furrowed. Why did this man irritate him so much?

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/05/2014 5:41 AM

Atlas winced as Rexus began his silent tirade. His lip reading was pretty bad, so he didn't manage to catch anything except for a few odd phrases. "I'm not going to die," he huffed. "There's no need to be dramatic."

He inspected the mug warily before taking a small sip. Oh god, that was foul. "Are you trying to poison me? Surely, if you think I'm that sick, it'd just be easier to throw me out and leave me to freeze to death." Despite his words, he did take another sip, trying his best not to taste the vile concoction.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/05/2014 5:46 AM

Rexus realised in that exact moment, he had never pondered homicide so thoroughly before. He took a deep breath, calming his quaking shoulders and slamming heart and he looked him dead in the eye. He made a motion to the mug, pointed at Atlas, made a drinking motion and then made a wighing up motion with both his hands, and he then balled his right hand into a fist and punched his cupped left. The intent was obvious, if a bit dramatic. He leaned back again, crossing his legs as he closed his eyes and pressed his lips into a tight line. He was going to end up with forehead wrinkles because of this man, he just knew it.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/05/2014 11:10 AM

Atlas did his best not to look alarmed. His best wasn't very good. He decided that there was very little point in trying to argue with Rexus. Despite not speaking, it seemed he'd already won. "Okay. You win," he said simply, picking up the mug and bringing it to his lips.

... Admittedly, he did feel a tiny bit better. His migraine was beginning to subside and there was a touch of colour in his usually ghostly complexion.

Atlas sighed, looking away from Rexus. "Maybe you were right. I'm sorry."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/05/2014 11:26 AM

Rexus seemed to be thoroughly satisfied with this and he leaned back with a soft sigh, his brow smoothing as he tilted his head back, his eyes closing as he began to fully relax, his foot bouncing lazily as he took a deep inhale and sat up once again, motioning to the food infront of Atlas as he stood to prepare him anoter drink. It was quite obvious by this point that he was not going to give in until Atlas was wholly better. He would sleep in the same damned bed as the man if he must. He shifted his position, seemingly pondering something as he waited for the kettle to boil again.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/05/2014 12:37 PM

Atlas allowed his thoughts to drift for a moment, now that Rexus wasn't terribly annoyed with him. He wondered vaguely how things were going back at the circus, whether or not anything had changed. He closed his eyes for a moment.

Oh. Atlas sat bolt upright, realizing he'd begun to slip from his chair. He blushed, feeling rather embarrassed at almost falling asleep. It was a welcome distraction when Rexus reminded him about the food, trying to act as though nothing had happened, Atlas picked up his fork and began to eat.

"I appreciate all of this, don't get me wrong. But you honestly don't have to do all this, you know?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/05/2014 1:16 PM

Rexus simply tapped his foot on the kitchen floor as he placed another mug of the spiced and herbal concotion infront of Atlas, his glare hard and unwavering. He crossed his arms across his bare chest and squared his shoulders, his stubbled chin set as his brow furrowed again. It was very, very obvious by this point that Rexus was not going to allow him to say such things any longer, under threat of pain.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/05/2014 2:01 PM

Atlas obediently picked up his mug and started to sip it. This one was slightly less foul than the previous had been. "Okay, okay, I get it. I'm sorry. Clearly there is some reason why you have to be the perfect host, even if your guest is a drowned rat with no where else to go."

He shook his head. "I guess I just don't understand why you'd do this. ...I guess it sounds kinda pathetic to say that I'm not used to people being nice to me." He chuckled, although it sounded slightly hollow. "I mean, people being nice without good reason to be."

There was a pause, where Atlas considered what he'd just said. "Okay, that still sounds really pathetic." He was travelling alone while trying to find odd jobs where he could. There was a good reason why he wasn't used to this sort of behavior.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/05/2014 2:08 PM

Rexus sighed and left, returning moments later with the pad of paper and pen. He sat opposite him and scribbled on the pad quietly for a moment before holding it towards him.
'Ask me anything you want and I'll answer it'
Was all it read, his handwriting slightly slanted and he pulled the pad back around tio himself once he was sure Atlas had read it, sipping at his own mug of herbs.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer