A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Re: The Kindness of Strangers [P,Duskie] [M] [L]

Postby MythicDusk » 10/11/2014 6:01 PM

Rexus let his ears lay back and he gripped Atlas's vest top by the hem in his mouth, clamping his teeth around it, all the while being careful not to grab skin. He flicked his ears at his ruffling and he eaned back slightly, giving a gentle, animalistic whine. Truth be told, this was more for himself than Atlas's health. It had been a long time since anyone had been here, and company was always a nice thing to have, especially when you couldn't even talk to yourself to keep your mind occupied and hear a human voice.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/11/2014 6:22 PM

Atlas sighed, knowing now that there was a choice ahead of him. A future in which he left, ignored Rexus, grabbed his things and left, and a future in which he stayed, muttered about leaving the next day, or the day after, with all that entailed. The fact was, if Atlas didn't start to leave now, he wasn't sure he was going to be able to and the thought terrified him. "Rexus, if I don't do this, I'll run out of excuses to leave. You wouldn't want that." He gently unhooked his shirt from the ablie's teeth and gave him a wry, lopsided grin, though it seemed distinctly melancholy.

Atlas closed his eyes for a moment. He was feeling spectacularly crap this morning.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 10/11/2014 6:34 PM

Giving a louder whine, Rexus scrambled off the bed, landing neatly behind him, shifting his forms he wrapped his arms around Atlas's chest, effectivley pinning him to his own chest, his face buried in his hair in a rare display of weakness and emotion. His jaw worked against Atlas's scalp before he finally pulled away slightly, still pressing against Atlas's back so his tears couldn't be seen. "I can't... Speak well." his voice was low and rough, it sounded like every word must have pained his throat. "I miss... Talking." He grumbled, his arms becoming tighter around him. "I miss people." He whined, burying his face into Atlas's scalp again. "Please... Don't leave... Not yet." He knew it was selfish, he knew it was stupid and Atlas had every right to leave after this, but he truly didn't want to be left alone in silence again. "Please... I don't like... Silence." His voice was wavering, growing huskier by the moment. His throat ached and he could feel sobs building in his chest, but he swallowed them down, truly afraid of being left in the silence again.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/11/2014 7:05 PM

Fuck. Atlas really felt like crap now. How could it have not struck him that Rexus might have wanted some company too? "Zu'hai, Rexus. I'm such a bastard, I'm sorry. I'm really dense sometimes, you'd think I'd learn to know where I'm wanted and where I'm not." His voice was starting to sound a little bit shaky, he knew that Rexus should have realized by now that he was burning up. "It'll be okay, I promise. I'll stay."

Atlas pulled away from Rexus,  gripping his arm and using it to lean on. His vision was blurring. Oh god, why now? "S-sorry," he managed, as he started to feel himself loose his balance. He was going to fall.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 10/11/2014 9:48 PM

Grunting lightly, Rexus easily took his weight, moving him to lay on the bed, he worried his lower lip with his teeth. Shifting into his more comfortable albie form, he whined softly, laying beside him and resting his head on the other man's stomach, wanting to feel every inhale and exhale, to make sure that he was still breathing. A slow flick of the ears,  lazy shift of his muscles to prevent cramps and Rexus could feel his own eyes slip closed, despite all of the worry clouding his mind, he couldn't deny that this man made a comfortable pillow. That thought pulled his lip into a slight smile, his eyes closing as sleep took him again.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/12/2014 4:21 AM

Atlas couldn't have placed how long he was unconscious for, somewhere along the line it might have shifted and turned into sleeping. All he knew was that when he next opened his eyes, the sun was starting to rise. Well, he had to assume that it was from the amount of light in the room. He could only see a couple of feet in front of him clearly without it starting to blur. He'd inherited a talent for illusion from his father, simple magic. It was easy enough to twist he saw, to make it in focus. Though, that only worked until he was too ill or too tired to maintain the spell. "Okay," he said, not sure if the ablie was awake or asleep. "I admit it, you were right about me being ill."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/12/2014 11:15 AM

The dark form that had been resting so comfortably against him rose it's head, shuffling up the bed to look him in the face, the ears twitching and blue eyes filled with worry. He tilted his head quizically, wanting a description of the symptoms, hoping that from all of their past interactions, Atlas would understand. He shifted his form, pressing one large hand against Atlas's forehead, his brow furrowing slightly and his body unconciously pressed into Atlas's side. He bowed his head slightly, resting his forehead against Atlas's temple, his soft breathing brushing against Atlas's ear.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/12/2014 12:11 PM

Atlas knew he was blushing again. "Er. Well, I can't see shit. That's not due to being ill. Well, it kinda is but--" he sighed, now was not the time to be getting flustered. "Long story short, I'm short sighted. I don't like wearing glasses, so I use what limited talent I have to fix my sight. Only problem is, I can't always keep the spell going, like when I'm drunk or sick or something. I do have  glasses, but they're in my rucksack downstairs."

Pushed himself up onto his elbows, giving Rexus a small smile. "Uhm, my headache is back, for one thing. I'm still feeling a little dizzy. Don't worry about me too much, though. It's not like I'm going to die or anything."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/12/2014 1:05 PM

Nodding hard, Rexus sprung up from the bed, scampering down the stairs, he returned a few minutes later with Atlas's rucksack slung over his shoulder and a large mug of whatever herbal concoction he decided to feed to his sickly guest this time. He dropped the pack on the bed and put the mug on the bedside table beside Atlas, and he shifted into his albie form and lay across his lap, giving him a hard glare in a dare to get him to move. He shifted slightly, getting a touch more comfortable before looking up at Atlas with his bright eyes, his ears flciking and listening for any signs of discomfort. A tremble ran through his pelt at the cold of the room and he flexed his large paws, flicking his tail.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/12/2014 3:12 PM

Atlas rummaged through his rucksack for a moment, and pulled out a pair of small, round, wire-frame glasses and he placed them on the end of his nose. They were rather old-fashioned looking, they couldn't have belonged to Atlas originally. "So, do I look like a dork now, huh?"

He picked up the mug sipping what he'd been given and trying to ignore the odd taste. It wasn't unpleasant. Just very earthy. "Thanks Rexus. I'm sorry for being such a pain."

He frowned as he ablie shivered. "You're not cold, are you?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/12/2014 3:19 PM

Another involuntary shiver ran through his pelt and he turned his head away, not wanting to show his sneer to Atlas. Truth be told, he was extremely cold. It was a cold house, which ran off fires, not central heating. He flicked his tail and ears in mild irritation as he shiverred again, huffing lightly in annoyance at his body's natural reaction. The ill shouldn't be worrying over the wellbeing of the caretaker.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/12/2014 4:59 PM

Atlas bit his bottom lip. "Jeez, I'm sorry. I didn't realize. I'm still way too warm, so I just assumed the house was warm." There was a woollen blanket at the bottom of his rucksack, it was pretty worn now, but it was reasonably clean. He pulled it out, tossing a few of the other things aside, and laid it over Rexus.

"Are you sure you're okay hanging around me. There's a good change you'll catch whatever this," he gestured vaguely, "is."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/13/2014 12:28 PM

Rexus flicked his ears and grumbled softly, shifting so the blanket was pulled slightly forther up and he was facing Atlas, watching him with an intense gaze. There was no question, he was going to remain and play guard dog and nursemaid both. He didn't mind getting ill, he had ways to counteract it. Speaking of which, he tossed his head to the mug of whatever it was, gazing at Atlas expectantly.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/14/2014 1:17 PM

Atlas nodded and continued to sip his drink. It seemed that Rexus had already decided that he was going to look after him, even if he got ill while doing so. "You know," he said casually. "It's probably a good thing you didn't let me sleep in that old barn of your's. You'd have probably found me half dead in the morning. Though, it would have been an interesting introduction." Atlas chuckled. After a moment or two, he reached out, absent mindedly twisting the albie's fringe through his fingers, gently taking out any of the cotters that had occurred during the night.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/14/2014 1:59 PM

He gave a soft grumble, which fell silent into a contented what could have been called purr as Atlas began to play with his fringe. He shuffled further up the bed, guiding Atlas's hand to the base of his horns and ears, giving an expectant gaze. His ear flicked slightly and he began to knead the blanket above atlas expectantly, his tail flicking softly. It had been damn long since someone had fussed him like this, and he didn't realise howm uch he had missed it.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer