A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Try to Fit in, Don't be a Free Thinker [p]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 10:52 PM

ImageImage
They had to go shopping today. What an awfully boring thing to do. It was with awfully boring people, to boot. Nothing exciting was going to happen today. It was all just a bunch of boring stuff. Shopping itself was boring, so why not? All they had to get was a few items on their list. It was just another boring shopping day for the two of them, and it would be – what else- boring. Good ol' normality. Good ol' conformity.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Try to Fit in, Don't be a Free Thinker [p]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 10:52 PM

Since there was no magic here, and nothing supernatural or cool, it would just be a regular, normal walk into town. They'd traveled the road many times. It led to the same place; the little, boring village. There wasn't anything particularly interesting about this village. It was full of people, full of market stalls, and full of things to buy. It was as ordinary as could be. it was just like everything else in the town. There was nothing special here!

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 10:53 PM

“Are you ready for our perfectly normal day of shopping?” Viper asked Gingersnaps, nicknamed Ginger, as she grabbed her ordinary basket on her way to the door. Their little home was very run-of-the-mill. There was nothing special about it, and it fit in as well as any other house. In fact, all the houses on this block looked remarkably similar, perhaps even the same! Whether it was a design flaw on the part of the planners, or it was intentionally done that way, no one knew. But they never questioned it, because questioning it would be questioning the status quo!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 10:54 PM

“I'm as ready as I'll ever be, Viper,” Ginger replied, giving her fur a good shake.

Viper gasped, looking appalled. “No, no!” she cried, pointing at Ginger with her very human hand. “You simply cannot go out looking like that! It isn't normal! Canines don't talk, and they certainly aren't brightly colored like this. You simply must take your human form if we are to go out at all today.”

Ginger seemed a bit put out by the perfectly reasonable request, but did as she was told because that was what all good people did. In a flash, she was standing in her human form, hair a brighter color of blonde than was normal, but still looking as mundane as possible.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 10:55 PM

“Perfect!” Viper cried. “You look just as boring and ordinary as I do!” She motioned to her brown hair and gray dress. “We won't upset anyone like that. Although your hair is a bit bright, dear. I'm sure no one will care...much.”

Well, hopefully. Viper wasn't interested in causing a scene, and that is what Ginger's hair could very well do. Her dear friend wasn't very good at being as ordinary as the rest of them. But in this society, normality was key. If you stood out too much, someone might notice you. Being noticed was always a very, very bad thing.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 10:55 PM

Stepping out the door, Viper smoothed down her dress, motioning for Ginger to follow. The bright-haired young woman did so, though she scowled deeper at being told what to do. She hated it here. When she'd first arrived, she'd thought it seemed like paradise.

There was no crime, no war or famine. Nothing. Just boring, normal people going about their day. It seemed ordinary to her, and nice. She'd gotten to like it after staying for a little bit. But after a while, she'd realized that something was very, very wrong. This place...it wasn't right.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 10:56 PM

Ginger followed Viper down the ordinary, drab street. It was boring here too. No one partied, or had too much fun. None of the kids played in the streets after dark, or stayed out and played pranks on one another. It was empty, deserted except for the neat line of houses and cars sitting just outside. Even the cars, though different in color, were all pretty much the same.

Ginger knew now why this place was so peaceful. It was this way because free will and being an 'individual' was frowned upon. In fact, she was sure that it was actually illegal to be 'different.' Viper's paranoia about her clothing and appearance made a lot of sense.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 10:56 PM

The two women found themselves downtown soon enough. It was a short walk away. The stalls were packed with people milling about, eager to get their groceries and return home. Ginger followed sullenly behind her roomate, her eyes roving over the stands. Normal, boring thigns. Cheese, bread, crackers, fruits and vegetables all lined the different stalls. A few of them sold meat, but what that meat was, no one really knew.

“Pick out whatever you want,” Viper chimed happily, picking up an apple and inspecting it closely. “We have plenty of money today. Why don't you go and get some fresh cuts of meat? We could use them for dinner.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 10:57 PM

Ginger wandered over to the meat stalls, leaving Viper to throw the other items into the basket herself. As she reached the stalls, there was a man with a giant meat cleaver hacking away at a hunk of what looked like it beef. Ginger wasn't sure what it was, but she knew being on the receiving end of the cleaver would not be fun. “Excuse me,” she called, motioning to the man over.

He hurried to help, an unnaturally bright smile on his face. Everyone here smiled like that. It was like some sort of weird, compulsory thing they did to make people feel welcome. All it did was make Ginger feel like running. “What can I do for you, miss? Are you here for some chops? Or how about some spare ribs?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 10:57 PM

Ginger found it odd that he didn't say what kind of animal they were from. Not 'pork chops' or 'beef spare ribs' or anything like that; no one ever did. She should be used to it by now, but it still weirded her out. What kind of meat were they eating, anyway? “Uh, yes. Do you have any flank steak?” she asked, eyeing the cleaver in the man's hand that he had yet to put down.

The man seemed to think for a moment, before nodding. “Sure do!” he replied brightly, before hurrying off and returning with hunks of meat wrapped in paper. He weighed it, labeled it, and tied it up nicely as Ginger handed over the money. “Thanks for your business, miss!”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 11:10 PM

Ginger waved reluctantly, heading back to Viper, who's basket was now laden with different groceries. One her way back, Ginger noticed some really lovely cheese. It smelled delicious, and it sat out on the table, looking quite perfect. “How much?” she asked the woman manning the stall.

The woman smiled that unnaturally creepy smile, and told her “Five dollars for the wheel.”

That was...really cheaped. Fishing out some more money, Ginger handed it over,t aking the noew wrapped up cheese and heading back to Viper. When she reached her friend, she saw that the other woman had nearly completed most of the shopping.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 11:11 PM

Peeking into the basket, Ginger saw various fruits and vegetables, as well as a few spices and seasonings and some jams and jellies. Her stomach gurgled at the thought as she placed the flank steak in the basket, and Viper beamed at her. “Thank you so much, dear!” she cooed, leaning over to give Ginger a peck on the side of her mouth.

“And what's that?” She leaned back, curiously pointing at the wheel of cheese. “Is that...why do you need so much cheese?” Her smile was infectious, and unlike the other smiles, the fake ones that made her uncomfortable, Viper's smile always made Ginger's stomach flip-flop. She loved it when she smiled.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 11:12 PM

“Well, it looked so good, I figured I should get it. We can make all kinds of things from this. Or just eat it like it is.” She chuckled, enjoying the giggles her words elicited from Viper. For all the faults this place had, the one good thing about it was that she could live with Viper without worrying about what anyone had to say.

No one cared who you loved, as long as you followed the rules of conformism. It seemed strange to Ginger, but she wasn't about to question it. Besides being relatively peaceful, it was the one good thing this place had going for it. You could love anyone you pleased.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 11:12 PM

Seeing Viper smile was always worth it, and Ginger leaned forward to rest her forehead against the other woman's. The two giggled together, before Ginger placed a swift kiss on Viper's lips, not sure if she wanted anyone to see their public display of affection. People always got squeamish about things like that.

“All right,” Ginger asked, tucking the cheese against her hip, and holding her other arm out for Viper. The other woman linked her arm in hers, smiling adoringly. “Ready to go home? Do you have everything you need?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/03/2015 11:13 PM

Viper rooted around in her basket. Ginger caught sight of a wrapped up fish near the bottom, and some candied sweets near the side. Ah, so Viper had sent her off to get a surprise for her. That was a lot like her. Ever if she was always worried about what everyone thought about her, she never forgot the little things.

Ginger smiled fondly, pulling Viper closer to her as they started walking towards home. Viper grinned, leaning her head on Ginger's shoulder. “Yeah,” she sighed, holding her basket close. “I think I've got everything I'll ever need.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate