A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Sunday, bloody Sunday [P, L/V/G]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 1:40 AM

"Nurse! Nurse!"

Sunday glanced up, seeing a man in a crisp uniform striding towards her. She smoothed the scowl she felt forming on her face into a neutral smile, and strode forward to meet him. "Yes-" she began, and then paused to glance at the bars on his collar. "-lieutenant?"

The man didn't even pause in his stride. "I need to know why we haven't received our ordered supplies yet. First battalion needs plasma and bandages. As much as you can spare."

Sunday pursed her lips, ignoring his terse tone, and countered with one of her own. "Well, lieutenant, if you hadn't noticed-" She gestured around the the hospital ward, beds filled with sick, injured, wounded and dying men. nurses rushed frantically to and fro, and Sunday, as the head matron, was in charge of those rushing nurses. And the supplies. "-we need them here as well."

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Sunday, bloody Sunday [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 1:43 AM

The lieutenant didn't seem to have heard her, if the way he chattered on was any indication. He plowed straight through her words, as though she hadn't even said them at all. "Where are your supplies located? I'll get them myself, since no one seems accommodating."

Sunday narrowed her eyes. Had he really not heard a word she had said? "I think not, lieutenant. I can only offer you a few things, but I can't give you all of the things you requested. We need those supplies here. I'll not have men dying on my watch because you got greedy."

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Sunday, bloody Sunday [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 1:47 AM

Now it seemed she had his full attention. He turned pale, steely eyes her way. had she been anyone else, she might have recoiled at the sight. But Sunday wasn't easily cowed, and she sure as hell wasn't going to back down because some fresh second lieutenant got his boot laces in a jumble. "Nurse. I said I needed supplies, and I will damn well get them. Now where are they?"

"Up your ass, lieutenant," she replied with a growl, manners thrown to the wind and respect long gone. "Don't you dare take that tone with me. I am working myself to the bone trying to keep your men alive. So you take what I give you, you smile, you say 'thank you, ma'am' and get the fuck out of my ward."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Sunday, bloody Sunday [P, L/V/G]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 1:51 AM

This time, the steely eyes widened, and the officer recoiled slightly. He'd never...been talked to like that, not by a nurse anyway. He felt a prickle of consternation, doubt creeping in. He didn't think he could cow her, or make her back down. Maybe he should just take what she gave him. Suddenly looking slightly apologetic, he nodded his head. "Yes, ma'am," he agreed at last, his voice smaller than before.

Outwardly, Sunday didn't show any sign that she had won. but inwardly, she was grinning smugly.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 1:54 AM

"Very good, lieutenant," Sunday chirped, turning and striding through the ward with purpose. She could hear the booted feet of the soldier following along behind her as she expertly wove between beds of groaning men. The blood didn't bother her anymore, and there was quite a bit of it soaking through fresh, white bandages all around her. It made her heart hurt every time she looked at the. But she'd volunteered to help, to save lives. And that was what she was trying to do here. "Just this way," she continued, motioning for the soldier to follow as she stepped into a large, open room, full of boxes. "As I said, we can spare a little but not a lot. Plasma, a few bandages, some morphine, sulfa. Not much else though."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:00 AM

Sunday sorted through the boxes. She picked things here and there, placing them in an emptier box. Hefting it, she set it into the waiting lieutenant's arms. "Here you go," she informed, before bending and grabbing some plasma from a nearby crate. She picked up some white rolls, jamming those into the crate as well.

"What are these?" the soldier asked, looking confused.

"Bed sheets," she supplied. "They work well when bandages are running low." At his dubious look, she nodded. "Don't knock it til you try it. They work, trust me."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:04 AM

The lieutenant nodded, hefting the box safely into his arms. "Thank you nurse. And...uh..."

"You're sorry?" Sunday asked, raising a pale eyebrow. The man flushed slightly, and dipped his head.

"Uh, yeah, sorry," he agreed, feeling like a heel. "I'll...um, I'll see you around then. Next time."

"Right," Sunday agreed. She folded her arms over her chest. "Next time. Sounds good, lieutenant. You take care. Don't do anything stupid." His smile told her he would try to stay safe, but he wasn't quite sure if he could make it happen. Sunday watched him leave, weaving through the beds expertly with the box in his arms.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:07 AM

"Who was that? And what is he doing making off with our supplies?"

Sunday turned to see a brown haired woman scowling after the lieutenant. Her hands were slowly, methodically being wiped off on a towel, though she wasn't looking down at them. The towel had once been white, but was now a dark, sickly looking red. Sunday's eyes went from the towel up to the face of the woman who had spoken, a faint smile tugging at the corner of her lips.

"That was a very fresh looking new lieutenant. Needed supplies."

"And you just gave them to him, huh?"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:14 AM

"Oh come on now, Friday. You know better than I do that they need it just as badly as us. Besides-" she added, rolling up her sleeves and sitting on one of the crates. "-I only gave him a little bit."

Friday sat down heavily beside her, dropping the towel onto the crate as well. "A little bit goes a long way in a hospital." She reached into her pocket, pulling out a cigarette pack and offering one to Sunday, who shook her head.

"Goes a long way on the battlefield too," Sunday quipped dryly, watching as Friday lit a cigarette of her own and took a long drag.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:22 AM

"Those are bad for your health, you know," Sunday informed her fellow nurse, leaning back against the crate behind her and shutting her eyes. She heard Friday chuckle dryly, and cracked open one eye to observe her. The girl was younger than she was, but far more cynical and quick to anger. Had she been dealing with the lieutenant, it was likely she would have slugged him for his impertinence.

"Really? So is war," Friday replied, taking another long drag. "Either way, we;re gonna die eventually. So why not enjoy what life we have?"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 2:23 AM

"Good God, you are morbid," Sunday joked, feeling her own laughter bubbling in her chest. She had to admit, despite their opposite personalities, she got along really well with Friday. She liked the girl, even though she could be a pain sometimes. And she was a damn good nurse. That was all that mattered to Sunday. it was all that mattered to anyone here.

"War is hell," Friday responded, eyes closed and a peaceful look on her face.

"Right," Sunday agreed, the words leaving her lips in a whisper. "War is hell."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate