A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Who you gonna call? |Self/Quest|

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/22/2016 11:32 PM

“Hey, stop here,” Morgana said as she peered out of the passenger window.

Kevlar stopped the truck, “there's nothing here. It's just corn fields.”

Morgana rolled her eyes, “I know but this is where the GPS led us.”

“Are you sure you typed in the right address?” she asked.

“Yes I'm sure. Come on let's cross the field. I bet there's a house behind it,” Morgana opened the door and hopped out.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Re: Who you gonna call? |Self/Quest|

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/22/2016 11:33 PM

“I don't like the idea of walking blindly through a corn field especially since why were here is because someone asked us to look into a haunted house,” Kevlar mentioned as she followed her friend.

“Kev do I hear fear in your voice? Are you afraid of a ghost?” Morgana mocked.

“Ha ha, I'm not afraid. It's just that how are we going to get rid of this ghost?” Kevlar asked. “Especially since ghosts don't exist,” she said as she finally caught up.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/22/2016 11:34 PM

“Exactly why this will be a piece of cake. We’ll pretend like we’re getting rid of the ghost. Chant a bit or something and then be on our way,” Morgana laughed.

“Yes except for one thing, something is causing the people here to think it's haunted. What will happen when we leave and it’s still 'haunted’?” Kevlar asked.

“Hmm I guess we’ll have to find out what is making it look like it's haunted then,” Morgana shrugged.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

“Okay fine let's do it,” Kevlar said as she sped up. “First we need to meet with the people who you talked to. Did you ever catch a name?” she asked.

“Well I got an email about it and all they signed was Farmer Long,” Morgana answered.

“Okay so we're looking for Farmer Longs house. Oh look I think the field is ending. I see a house coming up,” Kevlar pointed as she pushed past the last few corn stalks.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Morgana looked around Kevlar, “it looks a little run down.”

“Yeah it looks a little abandoned,” Kevlar frowned. “Maybe this isn't the right house?” she wondered.

Morgana pulled up the email on her phone, “man the service out here sucks. Give me a second it's taking forever to load.” They walked up to the porch. “Yeah this is the right address, the same one that they gave me on the email.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/22/2016 11:35 PM

Kevlar peered over her shoulder, “yeah they asked to meet here. We’ll let's see if anyone's home.” She walked up the steps avoiding any that were falling apart. The door was barely hanging on its hinges. Kevlar gave her a shrug and knocked. The door making a horrible screech noise slowly swung open.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/22/2016 11:36 PM

“Hello?” she called uncertainty. Seeing a figure standing in the hallway, “hey we’re here because of an email you sent…” She trailed off as she watched the figure walk into another room ignoring what she had said.

Morgana had been standing behind her watching, “that wasn't creepy at all.”

“Could there be a possibility that this place is actually haunted?” Kevlar asked with a hint of worry in her voice.

“No that's not possible,” Morgana answered not even able to convince herself.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Kevlar instinctively moved her hand to rest on her gun that was holstered on her side as she slowly crept into the house.

“Like a gun is going to do any good against a ghost,” Morgana whispered as she followed behind her.

“Shut up!” she whispered loudly back. “If luck and logic are on our side then this is just a some prank that some kids are pulling because they were bored,” Kevlar tried to reason.

“And if it isn't?” Morgana asked still keeping close behind her friend.

“Well,” Kevlar shrugged, “I guess we’re screwed. Do you have ghost busters on speed dial?”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Before Morgana could make a remark the door behind them slammed shut and she practically jumped out of her skin. Kevlar whirled around her gun out and pointing in the direction of the door. After a second of nothing else happening Kevlar sighed, “well my 'logical’ side of my brain wants to blame that on the wind but my 'I’ve watched too many horror films late at night' side of my brain wants to say RUN RUN RUN!” Kevlar holstered her gun and took off towards the door with Morgana right behind her. “The door is stuck! Which doesn't make sense because before it was barely hanging on the hinges!” Kevlar yelled exasperated.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/22/2016 11:37 PM

“Shut up! All your yelling will alert the ghost that we’re here,” Morgana hissed trying to stay quiet.

“Oh trust me they already know we're here,” Kevlar snapped back. After realizing the door wasn't going to budge she turned back around, “how about next time if you decide to look into a  strange email from a farmer Long or any farmer at all leave me out of it, okay?!”

“Yeah if I live long enough to get another email at all I definitely keep that in mind,” Morgana answered while pointing down at the other end of the hallway. The strange figure had made another appearance. Kevlar raising her gun started to shoot at it. After the third bullet they got the message that a gun was going to be useless when the ghost didn't stop but kept creeping forward.

“We’re so screwed,” Kevlar sighed.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/27/2016 8:57 PM

“Way to be optimistic,” Morgana groaned.

“Well I'm merely speaking the truth,” Kevlar said as she grabbed Morgana and shoved her into the old kitchen. Slamming the door she scanned the kitchen. “What can we do to arm ourselves against a ghost,” she asked exasperated.

“Iron!” Morgana yelled as she grabbed a fire poker that she found lying on the ground.

“Iron?” she questioned looking oddly at the fire poker.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/27/2016 8:57 PM

“What?! I swear I saw it somewhere that Iron wards from ghosts,” Morgana defended herself.

Snatching it from her hands, “I guess we'll
find out!” Kevlar slashed it at a figure that appeared behind Morgana.

Jumping away Morgana stared shocked at where the ghost fizzed away, “did it work?”

“I have no idea. I think it did the ghost isn't around anymore,” Kevlar lowered the weapon and sighed. “Well let's try to figure a way out of here,” she went and walked back into the hallway.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/27/2016 8:58 PM

Trying the door again she shook her head, “it's still stuck.”

“Does that mean the ghost is still here?” Morgana asked looking around warily expecting one to jump out of nowhere.

“Maybe or there might  be another one,” Kevlar started down the hallway where the ghost originally appeared. Heading up the stairs she carefully tested them to make sure they weren't rotten. Finding the master bedroom she started to rifle through the drawers.

“What are doing? Farmer Long could come back any second,” Morgana hissed as she followed.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/27/2016 8:58 PM

After a long pause Morgana huffed, “Kev are you listening to me?”

“I don't think Farm Long will be a problem,” Kevlar held up an old picture that she had found in a drawer. It was a picture of a family standing behind the exact house. The house looked new and in its prime unlike how it looked now. On the back it said the Long family and it was dated for almost a hundred years ago.

“Maybe the person who emailed me is a relative,” Morgana suggested as she took a look at the picture.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/27/2016 8:59 PM

“Or maybe it was the ghost as a trap to lure us in here and absorb our life forces so they could be human once more,” Kevlar smiled.

“That's not funny. We are literally living in this nightmare do not make those kinds of jokes,” Morgana frowned.

“Yes we are in this nightmare that you dragged me into, thanks by the way. This is exactly how I wanted to die,” Kevlar said sarcastically.

“We’re not going to die,” Morgana said as she set the picture down.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next