A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Re: A New Beginning? [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/20/2018 11:31 PM

So, she was here.

She'd gotten into contact with the mayor of the small town and made the arrangements to move into the old family farm. Even though the town was not in the best shape, she wanted to give it a try; living on her own, living off of the land, in such a place. Perhaps she wouldn't feel so entirely disconnected from the people that lived in a place that believed in the existence of more than just humans.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/20/2018 11:34 PM

The bus ride took her close to the town, but not quite all the way there. She had to walk the rest of the way, carrying only a single large bag of the essentials, following along the dirt road the wound the with land, rather than cutting straight through it, like the asphalt roads of the city.

She felt like she was getting close, and could actually feel her heart beating a little faster in her chest as she found herself growing excited.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/20/2018 11:37 PM

As she was walking, though, she saw another person in the distance, walking in the opposite direction than she was, toward her.

Though, before she got close enough to really see even what they looked like, Yukia witnessed them suddenly falling to the ground. Not knowing if they tripped, or something worse, the woman gasped and immediately ran toward the stranger.

"Are you all right?" she called out, without even thinking about it. But, she didn't get a response right away. That, or she didn't hear one.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/20/2018 11:39 PM

As she came closer to the stranger, she realized they were an elderly man. Not so elderly that they were incapable, but they were definitely gray in the beard and hair, and older than her father. He'd probably be around her grandfather's age, if he hadn't already passed away from illness before she even really got to meet him.

"Sir, are you all right?" she asked again, this time more certain that she could be heard.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/20/2018 11:42 PM

The man seemed to finally realize that someone else was there, as he was pushing himself back up into a sitting position, at the very least. He coughed a few times, before looking up at Yukia, whom had come to stand before him.

"Oh, I'm all right," he tried to reassure her, and chuckled a few times, before coughing again. "I just tripped, and it got the better of me, I suppose. It didn't help that I forgot to bring water with me during this walk of mine."

[Wild Pet Found]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/06/2019 4:00 PM

As the man at least pushed himself up, and seemed to be sitting without any trouble, Yukia breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness. I was worried something more serious might have happened," she admitted, quietly, not sure if he would really catch what she was saying or not.

One thing she did have, though, was water. Knowing that she would have to walk some of the way after the bus ride, she prepared some simple snacks and water, too, just in case.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/06/2019 4:04 PM

Setting her bag down on the ground, she opened up one of the pockets, and pulled out one of the three refillable water bottles that she'd packed up for her journey, naturally choosing the one she had yet to drink from. "Here, Sir, why don't you take this?" she offered the water bottle to the stranger without a second thought.

The man smiled at her kindness, accepting the offered water bottle without any resistance. One thing he had learned in old age was that if someone was offering you genuine help or kindness, it was most often better not to reject them.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/06/2019 4:06 PM

That was also how he and the other townsfolk were. In order to survive, they all had to help each other out when it was needed. That sort of kindness was not foreign in these parts, as it may have been in a bigger city. He did offer his thanks, though. "Thank you, my dear," he used the term in an endearing way. And then opened up the water bottle to take a nice, long drink from it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/06/2019 4:24 PM

Once he, somehow politely, guzzled down a few gulps of refreshing water, the man lowered the bottle away from his mouth and returned the lid back into its place. Thereafter, he stood back up, bracing himself first on the ground then on his own knee as he did so. Only once he was standing up right did he bow his head toward the young woman that had come to his aid in a polite and thankful gesture. "Thank you for your kindness." He thanked her a second time.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/13/2019 12:21 AM

After giving his thanks, the older man stood upright once more, and held the water bottle back out for the helpful stranger to take back.

Yukia smiled faintly, and she accepted the water bottle from him. "It was really no trouble. I just did what any decent person would do." Since she was capable of helping him, it was only the right thing to do. Honestly, sharing water with him was such a small thing, it didn't even really require any thanks.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/13/2019 12:26 AM

"Such a kind young one you are!" The man complimented her in a warm, genuine way. He really did mean his words, especially after hearing her response to his thanks. "If you don't mind me asking, would you happen to be Yukia?" Although he had not been told what that young man's daughter had actually looked like, he was familiar with her name, and, of course, what she was supposed to be arriving in their small town today to take over her grandfather's old farm.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/13/2019 12:29 AM

As it was, it was a great rarity that any strangers ventured down these roads toward the town, so, odds were, that a young lady coming in such direction was the very one he was venturing out to meet for the first time. It was the only reasonable conclusion. And, besides that, she seemed... familiar.

Hearing him say her name, Yukia nodded her head. "Yes, I'm Yukia," she confirmed.

"Oh, that's great!" the man responded, grinning widely.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/13/2019 12:32 AM

"In truth, I was actually coming out here to try to meet you and lead you back to the town, since these roads are unfamiliar to you," he went on to explain. While the dirt road they were on was really the only one that lead to the town and, thus, was pretty straightforward and easy to navigate, he felt it was still the courteous, proper thing to do. "I do apologize that I was unable to meet you as soon as you got off the bus."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/13/2019 12:35 AM

In response to his words, Yukia shook her head back and forth a few times. "No, no! There's no need to apologize! It's kind enough that you came out to meet me at all!" Especially given the elderly man's old age. That wasn't to say that he was incapable, of course, but there was still no denying that age did play a part in making things, like long walks in countryside, more difficult than they would be for someone much younger.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/13/2019 12:38 AM

The man nodded his head, once again impressed with the young lady's kind and polite behavior. "It seems like your father and mother raised you well! You know, you remind me of your father." Although she didn't really seem to share any physical features with her father, she had a certain sort of air about her, there was no denying it.

"Really?" Yukia couldn't help but to blurt out, completely surprised to hear such an idea.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext