A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

[Winter] Whispers of Winter [P]

Postby Remedy » 01/05/2020 1:02 AM

ImageImage
Saxon - Avira

The winter air felt cold and uninviting. Even though Saxon was wrapped up in many layers, he could feel the chill in his bones. He wished he’d remembered to bring gloves, as his fingertips were already going a little bit numb, but his mind had been full of so much lately he had simply forgotten.

“A-Avira, are you sure this is the right place?” He asked nervously, eyeing the dilapidated gate. There was a sign on it, but he couldn’t make out what it read. “What if it said no trespassing?”

“It didn’t. You’ve been invited, remember the flier? Go on in,” A wavering spirit whispered behind him. Saxon didn’t know why he listened, but the creature had been whispering to him for so long – it was very convincing, so he obeyed.

He walked forward, his boots leaving imprints in the shallow snow. Behind him, Avira followed in a walking motion, but its paws left no trace. Cautiously, Saxon pushed the gate but it didn’t budge. He pulled his hand away from the iron and looked back at the spirit, who nodded as if to reassure him. He turned back to the gate, and with a little more effort, forced it open enough to get through.

[1 – The Front Gate]

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

[1]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/05/2020 4:18 AM

She wasn't really sure why she had agreed to come here, especially alone. It was jarring for her to explore the world on her own, considering how much it had changed since her death.

But some had said that the place was haunted, or just plain eerie. As a sort of wandering spirit, some friends had suggested that she take a look. That maybe she would get to help with whatever was going on there.

And she was willing to help, of course, but her bravado had faded quickly upon hearing she would be traveling alone. Death hadn't changed her shy personality in the slightest — and her ragged, unsettling appearance only made her more self-conscious.

And it kicked in when she spotted two others by the gate. A few thoughts crossed her mind as she stood there and stared — including just waiting here until they had gone away; but also, the possibility of asking them to team up. Being alone terrified her more than interacting with complete strangers.

Not to mention, the Kuhna there — there was something about that Kuhna that made her fur itch, although she wasn't sure what.

When she saw the human push the gate open, she gasped. "Ah!" She tried to hurry so she wouldn't lose them — granted, the large leather collar around her neck and the jingling of her dog tags would make her difficult to miss. "W-wait, uh, pl... please." Her bravery faltered as she stood close to the two strangers. "Um..." she mumbled, her eyes falling to the ground. "A-are you two here to explore the farm? I-I'm not familiar with the area, so I was wondering if, uh..." She clammed up then, her paws busy kneading the snow where she stood.

[The Front Gate - 1]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [Winter] Whispers of Winter [P]

Postby Remedy » 01/05/2020 11:31 AM

Saxon nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard someone calling to them after he opened the gate. His first thought was that they had been caught trespassing and were going to be in serious trouble, but he was surprised to turn around and see a Kuhna standing there. The newcomer seemed shy, which he could easily empathize with. He glanced at Avira, who said nothing as it eyed the Kuhna curiously.

"Um, hello," Saxon started, watching as the Kuhna nervously kneaded the ground. "Y-yes I'm here to - wait, you can see it?" He asked suddenly, as he realized the creature had addressed them both. He wasn't used to anyone being able to see Avira, the whispering Kuhna spirit that always followed him around. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that they were both Kuhnas? Though, now that he looked at the newcomer more closely, he realized there was something strange about her appearance.

"Yes, we're exploring the farm," Avira interjected. "You are most welcome to join us, we would appreciate the company."

[2 - The Front Gate]

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

[2]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/05/2020 4:03 PM

Her anxiety deflated when the two strangers started speaking. They sounded like nice people — how fortunate! She wouldn't be stuck exploring this place alone. All the better, too, if it did prove to be haunted or dangerous.

She looked up at the two when they spoke, looking a little relieved — perhaps a little hard to see in those eerie glowing eyes. "I-I'd really appreciate the company too," she admitted, and while she was still kneading, the behavior had slowed. "I heard this place might be haunted, or just really scary, so I was scared to go in alone..." she admitted sheepishly.

"Um, I'm... I'm Bellona." Her eyes fell back to the ground after she had introduced herself. "A-and you are...?"

[The Front Gate - 2]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 01/05/2020 5:23 PM

"H-haunted?" Saxon questioned nervously, before mumbling, "oh man, Avira, what are you getting me into..." He wanted to turn back at the suggestion of a haunted farm, but he'd basically been haunted by Avira for so long that it probably wouldn't get any scarier than Avira did when they were upset. And turning back now might upset them, so...

Saxon glanced at the spirit beside him before realizing he hadn't responded to Bellona's introduction. Not wanting to be rude, he forced a smile and said, "My name is Saxon, and um... this is Avira."

Avira continued to eye Bellona curiously, then smiled with an eerie fondness. "It is a pleasure to meet you," it said. After an awkward pause, it looked at Saxon. "Lead the way," it then whispered to its human companion, who obeyed after slight hesitation. "We can talk more inside," Avira commented as it followed Saxon through the gate.

[3 - The Front Gate]

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

[3]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/05/2020 6:03 PM

"I-it's not confirmed that it's haunted..." Bellona mumbled, though she wasn't sure if it had been too quiet, or if Saxon had heard her, since he'd started mumbling something to himself, too.

When they give her their names, Bellona's eyes widened. "Sa... xon?" she repeated slowly, sounding like she was in disbelief that that was this young man's name. "Oh, ah, that's... that's a nice name!" she said quickly, fumbling on her words, a large, sheepish grin on her face. "A-Avira too," she complimented quickly.

She followed the two inside and past the large gate. Well, she was glad to be tagging along with others... but she wasn't really the chattiest one around. So she followed quietly behind the two, her eyes looking this way and that, alert.

[The Front Gate - 3]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 01/06/2020 12:06 AM

Saxon stopped a little ways past the gate to look around. There was a big red barn, which seemed promising as it wasn't as old looking as the gate. It had a fresh coat of paint at least. He looked to the other side of the property and saw a forest, which seemed much more ominous. With his luck, Avira might push them to go in there.

"Lets go to the barn," he suggested quickly, wanting to avoid the creepy icy forest for as long as possible. He eyed it once more - was that smoke in the distance? "Wait, do you see that?" Saxon pointed above the tree line. "Do you think someone's here?"

"Good question," Avira commented, peering curiously at the smoke in the distance. "Would you like to find out?"

"N-no, not really," Saxon sheepishly replied, "but if you think we should... well... I don't know." He was still uncertain about the validity of the flier they had received; it invited "treasure seekers" to this location, and he doubted whoever owned the property would willingly have someone come take their stuff. Not that he was too keen on stealing, but... what other reason would Avira have wanted him to come out here?

"What do you think, Bellona?" he turned to ask their new acquaintance, not wanting to leave her out of the discussion.

[4 - The Front Gate]

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

[4]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/06/2020 1:57 AM

Granted, Bellona's attention had been taken by the barn and the cottage house found on this property. They looked nice, and even from here, she could smell something delicious coming from the cottage. She was still paying attention to her two new acquaintances too, of course, but she had no real goal in mind. She was fine going wherever they wanted to go.

When specifically asked, she blinked. Something about smoke? She turned, and she, too, picked up on the trail that came from the forest. "Um, well..." she mumbled, thinking quickly. "It might just be someone who's camping there, or taking a break there," she said softly. "There's other people here, right...?"

Of course, it could mean something worse. "Either that, o-or the forest is... burning."

[The Front Gate - 4]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate