A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Re: Nala's Farm [Self]

Postby amanda784 » 11/18/2020 9:47 AM

Nala had good relationships with a number of local hunters and even a few from far away places. She planned on sending her children out to help hunters once they were old enough. They would learn all they needed to know about the world from the hunters. She would make sure the hunts were as safe as possible for her children. That and the fact they would be with an experienced hunter would make this relatively low risk.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/18/2020 9:49 AM

Not too long ago Nala had despised hunters. She didn't see any need for them. Of course, she was naive then. Now, she knew that hunters were what held this world together. That is why she worked for them now. She had even planned to open up rooms for rent on her farm. This was a plan for far in the future, but the possibilities still excited her. The further she got from her old life the better.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/18/2020 11:06 AM

There was one other drastic change in Nala's life. Her level of confidence had increased by a lot and stays steady. She used to base her own confidence on other's approval. The more friends she had the more confident she would be. When all her friends left her she was forced to find her confidence elsewhere. Now, she was resourceful. Hunter's didn't have friends outside of their party. Still, Nala had become an essential part of quite a few hunting parties.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/18/2020 11:11 AM

The next day the hunter came by. He was all business upon arrival. He quickly picked up his potion and dropped of a cardboard box contained the draculi kit. He had mentioned he had a deadline approaching and he would be back soon. He hadn't mentioned what he would be back for, but Nala had a couple ideas in mind of what she could stock up on for selling. She knew one thing that he would want: a warm meal. That was something Nala always tried to provide for any hunter entering her home.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/22/2020 4:20 AM

Nala spent that afternoon sitting on the couch with her new draculi kit. It's wings were too small to fly yet. Nala knew it was important to form a bond now if she didn't want the draculi to fly off later. Nala read from her herbs books. Eventually, she drifted off to sleep.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 10:57 PM

Sakana had heard of a Lucain able to use herbs to get people their desires. Sakana had no desire to seek out a witch or sorcerer to give her what she wanted- the price was always too high to pay. Nala was neither a witch or a sorcerer, but an herbalist. It was true that Nala dealt in magic herbs, but the magic didn't come from her. This was typically a service paid for in keystones. Sorcerers and witches typically required a different form of payment that was not so easily obtained.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 11:00 PM

Sakana had a desire that needed filled. She wanted more than anything to be able to breathe underwater. Even now, her legs moved clumsily across land. She had been traveling for days, but her body still craved to be in the water. She wanted to feel the water swirl around her. Being on land was not pleasant for Sakana, but it was necessary if she wanted to make the move underwater. If she wanted to live underneath the surface.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 11:02 PM

Sakana walked up the wooden stairs to the front of the house. It truly was a lovely farmhouse. She knocked twice on the door and took a step back.

Please, oh please, be home. Please, be able to help me. I don't want to live on land anymore.

She pleaded in her head. She wasn't sure if she was pleading to herself, to Nala, or to a higher power. Still, she pleaded all the same.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 11:07 PM

Nala was surprised by a knock upon the door. She wasn't expecting any hunters today, but it was always possible a new customer had come.

"Hello?" she said as she opened the door.

The paragon looming above her would have scared her just months ago. Now, Nala was used to dealing with hunters of all shapes and sizes.

"I believe your new here! I'm Nala, do come in!"
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 11:10 PM

The lucain in front of Sakana wasn't a small creature for any means, but compared to herself she was small.

"I'm Sakana," she said, stepping into the lucain's home. "I need a potion and I was hoping you could help me."

She needed this to work. If not, she would have to turn to the witches and sorcerers. She wasn't sure if she had anything at all to offer them.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 11:12 PM

"That's what they come to me for!" said Nala cheerfully. "You must be a hunter! I've just come out with this potion to increase speed. It's a wonderful little thing. It doesn't last too long though. None of my potions do. I never sell anything that could permanently alter someone."

Nala looked up at the paragon, "I'm rambling again. Do tell me: what is it you're looking for?"
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 11:13 PM

Nothing permanent.

With those words Sakana's heart sank.

"I'm afraid you won't be able to help me. You see, I spend all my time in the water, but am unable to breath underwater. It's the only place I feel at home anymore. I just want to go home."

Sakana could feel the tears welling up in her eyes.

"I don't suppose you could point me to someone who can help? I have keystones, but not many."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 11:17 PM

"Oh dear," said Nala. "Please don't fret. I would be able to whip up something that would last 24 hrs for you. I could do that. I do know of a relatively new coven. They are reasonable and fair, but I'm afraid they have no need for keystones. They are contracting hunters for underwater species though! You would be perfect for the job."

Nala looked put a paw on the paragon's. "I don't want to get your hopes up, but that would be a good place to start. I'm going to whip up those potions right now."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 11:20 PM

Sakana's hopes had been revived with the lucain's kind words.

"I can hunt! I'm not a hunter, but I can hunt." Sakana thought about it for a moment. "I suppose I am a hunter now. I have hunted before."

Sakana had a thought that dared to steal her hopes away again.

"You haven't told me how much a potion costs. I have some keystones. It's not much, but it's all yours."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/12/2020 11:24 PM

"Oh deary," said Nala, as she grabbed a pot and put it on the stove. "Don't worry about it. You know, one of the ingredients I'm using is found in the Rewhister Ocean. It is very rare and hard to find. If you could try to find some I would be more than willing to give them to you. You can hunt while you're at."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext