A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

A Change Of Seasons [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/03/2021 6:51 PM

Honey yawned, and stretched her arms, shivering as the cold air reached her through her thick pyjamas. Winter was always a hardship; the crops didn't grow, it was too cold for livestock to graze, and Honey found herself wearing more and more layers to try to combat the cold that made her bones ache.

[1]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Re: A Change Of Seasons [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/03/2021 6:52 PM

As she rolled out of bed, she gave herself a little shake and stomped about to try to get some feeling into her toes. Locating her slippers, she slipped them on before wrapping her quilt around herself and heading over to the kitchen, trailing the end of the quilt behind her little frame.

[2]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/03/2021 6:55 PM

She rubbed her eyes and squinted as she turned on the light which was much too bright this early in the morning. She grumbled to herself as she adjusted the lights, dimming them until she could see but they weren't hurting her eyes. Not for the first time, she thanked her past self for installing dimmers.

[3]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/03/2021 6:57 PM

Honey pulled open the cupboard, and grabbed the box of cereal, grumbling about having to stand on tip-toes to reach. She shuffled over to the rack and grabbed her bowl and spoon, setting them down beside the cereal box, and then reluctantly sidled over to the big fridge in the corner of the room.

[4]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/03/2021 6:59 PM

Her teeth chattered as she pulled the door open and was met with an icy blast. She could see a thick layer of ice coating the back of the fridge, and it had already spread to some of the contents, with a fine layer of ice coating the tomato and potato which she pulled out.

[5]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/03/2021 7:01 PM

She shook her head and snorted; yes, the fridge needed to be done - desperately, but she had located the milk at long last, and with a happy sigh she carried the jug over to where her bowl and spoon were waiting on the countertop, before pouring the milk into the bowl she had prepared.

[6]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/04/2021 5:25 AM

Honey chomped away happily as she read the newspaper, snorting every so often at what the editors had considered 'news' like Mr Winfrey's prize cabbage - yes, it was a big cabbage and yes, it had won first prize at the farm fair, but at the end of the day that was all it was, a large cabbage, and Honey didn't think it deserved to be front page news.

[7]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/04/2021 5:28 AM

She finished her cereal, and shuffled over to the sink, to wash her dishes before leaving them on the rack to dry. She stretched her arms again, and wandered to the bathroom, grateful as always that all of her 'main' rooms - the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and living room - were on the ground floor of the house.

[8]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/04/2021 5:41 AM

She showered, shivering whenever the warm water wasn't touching her, and dried herself off quickly before pulling her bathrobe around her and hurrying into the bedroom. She dressed herself in warm corduroy trousers and a flannel shirt, before pulling a thick knitted jumper on and finally a warm knitted hat with a pompom and a long knitted scarf completed her outfit.

[9]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/04/2021 5:43 AM

She pulled on her thick knitted socks and her rubber boots, and strode over to the door, locking it as soon as she was outside and pocketing the key. She shuddered as a cold wind blew past her, feeling like it had penetrated through all of her layers, and hurried over to the barn.

[10]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/04/2021 5:47 AM

She breathed a sigh of relief as she stepped into the building, the warmth enveloping her as soon as the door was closed. She had spent many summer months making sure no harsh weather could penetrate this new barn, and it made a major difference having all of the livestock together, both to her and to them.

[11]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/04/2021 5:50 AM

Granted, her main produce was flowers and honey, and so she only had a small selection of livestock unlike the great herds of her neighbours, but that was more than enough for her. Only having seven tuskow, for example, allowed her to call them all by name and they greeted her fondly as she tipped the feed into their trough.

[12]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/04/2021 10:50 AM

"Morning, ladies" she called out quietly as she stepped into their pen with her milking stool and buckets. As they munched away happily at their through, she set herself up, and soon they began to walk to her one by one for the now familiar routine. She praised them as she filled the buckets, putting the full ones aside in case of accidents.

[13]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/04/2021 11:12 AM

Once the tuskow were done, she carried the buckets out and poured them carefully into the little urns she had placed outside the tuskow pen, filling all three of them to the top. Two of them would go for sale that afternoon, and the last one would be hers for milk and making cheese.

[14]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/04/2021 11:14 AM

She hummed to herself as she fixed the lids back on the urns, and dragged them next to the barn door, ready to be taken out with her when she was done. She grabbed the rake and wheelbarrow, and set about cleaning the tuskow pen out, so she could lay fresh hay down on a clean floor.

[15]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next