A wide open space in contrast to the dense Tengel jungle, the Sekudui Farmlands are open to all farmers and ranchers! There is much space available and plenty of resources to help raise some fine Tuskow or Roosken. (+3 Endurance, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sekudui Farmlands

Be Mine, Valentine [Event]

Postby amanda784 » 02/11/2021 10:56 AM

This handsome lad up here is named Dodger

Dodger had been coming to Nala’s farm for only a few months now, but it was on his first visit that Terra had caught her eye. While her sister Bay had come up to him with confidence she had offered him a warm smile from the herb garden. Bay was outspoken to the point she was sometimes rude. Terra was thoughtful and spoke only when necessary. The quiet that Terra brought into a room wasn’t the awkward silence when two people don’t know what to say, but the comforting silence of a person who knows there are some things that don’t need to be said. Some things are simply felt.

They were two vastly different people. Terra came from a loving family. Her mother Nala raised her and her two siblings with the help of wandering hunters who travel to the farm in search of Nala’s magical solutions and delicious home-cooked meals. Her sister Bay, had become distant from Terra and their brother Aster, but still held strong loyalty to the family. Bay made quick judgments that had cut ties between her and her siblings, but would still come running should one call. Aster was strong, kind, and loyal, but had trouble both feeling and understanding others emotions. Perhaps it was because Aster’s childhood had no troubles that he wasn’t able to empathize or perhaps he just wasn’t the feeling type. Nala, the mother of the siblings, was a ray of sunshine. She could often be found singing as she worked. She was the outgoing happy type. Terra had a good family.

Dodger didn’t have a family at all. Dodger was rescued by a lone hunter who rescued him while on a hunt. Dodger had no memories of that day, being too young to remember. He was dropped off at the lone saloon where he went on hunts with any hunter who would have him. Amazingly, he always made it back to the saloon for another hunt. Dodger eventually made enough to buy his own place, but continued to hunt for income.

Despite all their differences, Dodger was taken by Terra and with Valentines approaching he knew it was time to make his move.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Re: Be mine, Valentine

Postby amanda784 » 02/11/2021 10:59 AM

The art gods (our wonderful evelon art staff) blessed me with Terra and though all the art god's gifts are beautiful works of creation, I am especially pleased with the ones in this story

Terra knew that Dodger was the reason that Bay no longer spoke to her. It may even be the reason why Bay was moving out of the house here at Nala’s, their mother’s, farm. It wasn’t that Dodger did anything to Bay. In fact, it was quite the opposite. The high flow of hunters to the farm made for plenty of suitors for the two daughters living at the farm.  Bay easily swept them into her world of self-made chaos and left them calling for weeks after she had broken their hearts. At least, that was the fate for most of the eligible suitors who walked into Nala’s farm. This was not the case for Dodger. Dodger was kind to Bay, but it was evident he had eyes for someone else. It was evident he had feelings for Terra.

Terra felt the same way about Dodger. At times, it was a guilty feeling, knowing that her sister too had desires for Dodger. Most times, it was a warm feeling that rose from her toes all the way to her face, turning it a bright shade of pink. Terra wasn’t sure the name for that feeling, but she supposed it could possibly be love. Even if it was a small chance of it being love, didn’t she owe it to herself and Dodger to explore that despite how her sister felt?

Valentine’s day was fast approaching and the closer it came, the more nervous Terra became that perhaps she had imagined his affection for her.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 02/11/2021 11:13 AM

This is Bay, she does not have a large part in this story and is mostly only in mention, but if I want to show off the works of the art gods than I shall!

Dodger felt oddly calm. It was true he was slightly concerned about what Terra would have to say about a possible date with him, but just knowing he was going to get to see her today calmed all his other worries. That's what made Terra so special. Dodger was no stranger to dating or the butterfly feeling one got in there stomach when around that special someone. However, Terra was a calming presence. Simply thinking about her felt like a calming wind upon him. Terra was soft spoken and kind. Dodger would be heartbroken if she said "no", but she was such a thoughtful person that if Terra did refuse him he could rest assured that she had thoroughly considered it and found a refusal to be best for both of them. Dodger knew that Terra wasn't the type to get awkward around him even if she was forced to refuse him.

Terra lived on Nala's farm, helping her mother grow herbs in her garden. Dodger loved to watch her slowly encourage plant growth with her magical abilities one by one. She didn't have a strong power, but she had a consistent one. Terra would sit in front of plant and whisper words of encouragement. Slowly and surely that plant would grow before your eyes. It was quite a sight to behold. Nala's farm was in entirety a place of growth and healing that Dodger always felt welcome at. He was happy just to be going.

Upon arriving at the farm, Nala was the first to greet him at the door. These days, Terra handled almost all the farming responsibilities while Nala stayed in the house to handle the cooking and orders. He figured Terra was in the back, tending to the garden. Still, he wanted to speak to her mother first anyways. Terra didn't have a father in her life and Dodger wanted to make sure he had Nala's blessing before dating her daughter. It wasn't that he was old-fashioned, but that Nala had such love for her children. She would have real insight into Terra's thoughts as well as an outside perspective on the idea of Dodger dating Terra. If Nala gave her blessing than Dodger could reasonably assume Terra's answer without even asking her.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 02/11/2021 11:27 AM

This is Nala, the loving mother of Bay, Aster, and Terra. Another work of beauty for you to enjoy.

"Dodger! What a pleasure to see you," said Nala upon opening the door. "Terra is just out back and Bay is upstairs packing. Aster's out hunting, but I don't suppose you came to see him."

Nala gave Dodger a knowing look. It was obvious that Bay was taken with Dodger to everyone who saw her around him. Lesser known, were Terra's affections for Dodger. It was the topic of many of Terra and Nala's breakfast conversations long before Bay awoke.

"I actually wanted to speak to you if you have time," said Dodger. He nervously glanced up the stairs in the direction of Bay. Lowering his voice he said, "I wanted to talk about Terra."

"I see," said Nala, also casting a look in the general direction of Bay would be a floor above them.

"It's just that I want your opinion before I ask Terra on a date. I'm sure I have made my intentions obvious, but I wanted your insight before making anything official," he said.

"I'm sure that Bay has made her intentions known as well," said Nala. "I don't mean to discourage you by any means, but I want you to understand that your actions will have consequences. The sisterhood of those two is already strained, but this..."

"I understand," said Dodger, a sinking feeling within his chest.

"I also know you to be a kind man," said Nala. "I'm not sure there will ever be a man that Terra will care for that Bay will not. She's always wanted some of what Terra has."

They both were very aware that Bay was jealous of Terra's small magical ability.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that this relationship will cause chaos, but because it's you and because it's her I think it's the least chaos possible given the circumstances," said Nala. "I just want confirmation that you will take the chaos alongside the joy that I know Terra can bring to your life."

"I can confirm," said Dodger, a smile spreading across his face.

Nala brought him into a hug, "You have felt like part of this family recently. I would be overjoyed if you made it official."

The hug didn't last long, but for Dodger it was special. He didn't have a family. He had been so busy thinking of the joy of being in a relationship with Terra he hadn't even begun to consider it would mean having a family. It would be a wonderful family to enter into.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 02/11/2021 11:39 AM

Terra was in the garden, whispering to the plants to make them grow. The magic didn't work on more than one plant at once, but it did make them able to grow a single pant in short amount of time. It was especially helpful when Nala was brewing something that they needed more ingredients for.

"Thyme," she whispered. "You're growing so fast it won't take much time at all until harvest. I love the smell a little thyme adds to a recipe."

She began humming softly and the plant slowly grew.

"That's it, little one," she said.

Bay stomped through the garden to her, havoc upon the herbs with every step.

"Bay, please!" Terra said.

"You will just grow them back," said Bay. "Besides, I don't have time to be careful around them."

"They are living things Bay," said Terra.

"They don't have feelings," replied Bay. "Would you get over yourself already? They don't understand any of the stupid things you say them to anyways."

Terra took a deep breath and considered what to say next.

"You don't usually join me in the garden, but I'm happy you are here. Did you have something to tell me?"

"That boy is in the house talking to mom about you," said Bay. "It looks like you truly do get everything you want."

Terra knew Bay was hurt, but she couldn't help the smile spreading across her face.

"Dodger?" Bay asked.

"Who else?" said Bay. "Any other man has eyes for me."

While this statement was mostly true, Terra knew men favored Bay because she was an easier catch. Bay favored the attention and changed her mind swiftly. She showed affection quickly and burnt out just as fast.

"I suppose I should head in there," said Terra, turning to leave.

"I can't wait to be out of this place," said Bay. "Any place without Terra the favorite child is better than this."

Terra paused, but she couldn't knew nothing she said would soothe Bay's emotional wounds. Bay was upset and in an irrational state of mind. She left Bay standing alone in the garden with her thoughts and headed into the house.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 02/11/2021 11:51 AM

"I will give you two room to talk," said Nala upon seeing Terra in the doorway.

"Bays in the garden," said Terra. "I think she could use your help."

Terra knew her mother would understand what she meant.

"I'm afraid I didn't notice her leave," said Nala. "She got some information she didn't want I suppose."

"She did," confirmed Terra.

When Nala left Terra turned to Dodger, "You had something to talk to me about?"

"I might be wrong," said Dodger, "but I think you have feelings for you. I know I haven't been secretive about my feelings for you. Am I right so far?"

"Mostly," said Terra. "I was starting to doubt your feelings."

Terra was honest to a fault. Admitting her doubts might hurt Dodger, but she wasn't going to enter a relationship with dishonesty.

"I'm sorry," said Dodger. "I will say I wasn't completely sure on your feelings, but with Valentine's Day coming up I had to ask."

"You had to ask what?" Terra asked.

She was usually patient, but this was not something she wanted to wait any longer for.

"Will you be my Valentine?" he asked.

"What did you have in mind?"

"Specifically for Valentines? I was thinking picnic. In terms of all of what I'm asking is just a shot at your love. Terra, I think we would be a good fit. I think I can support you in the ways you need and you the same to me. I know you take everything in logically and logically we are a good match." said Dodger.

"The way you make me feel," said Terra, looking up at Dodger, "is anything but logical."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 02/11/2021 11:59 AM

"A bottle of wine. A picnic. Some stargazing." Dodger was describing his planned Valentine's Day. "Me watching you chart the stars like you do."

"I hadn't been aware you had noticed that silly habit," said Terra.

"It's not silly," said Dodger. "I think it's wonderful."

"It is silly. There are already charts of the stars. I just do it because my sky feels different than everyone else's. You know they say magic comes from the stars? If that's true than I have them to thank for my gift. I like learning for myself."

"It also means it will be a magical night," said Dodger. "I have a feeling the stars will smile on us."

"I agree," said Terra.

Most people found Terra bland. She was happy to know that Dodger found her hobbies interesting. It was important to her that he didn't get bored with her.

"You may even find I have a little magic of my own," said Doger.

Terra's eyes widened, "you have magic too?"

"In the romance department," Dodger said winking.

"Is that so?" asked Terra with a giggle. "I suppose we shall see about that."

"I can't wait," he said.

"Neither can I," she said. "Would you like to stay for dinner? We could start dating relationship before Valentines."

"I would love to," he said, "but I don't wish to kick a hurt man when he's down. In this case, a hurt sister."

"I get it," said Terra. "I suppose it's better we give her time to process. Look at you being the logical one."

"We just started dating and you're already rubbing off on me."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Be Mine, Valentine [Event]

Postby amanda784 » 02/15/2021 5:49 AM

Terra felt like she had butterflies in her chest. They danced and fluttered about making it hard for her to concentrate on what she was doing. Terra couldn't remember a time where she had looked in a mirror for longer than today. Had her appearance even mattered before today? Did it even matter now?

A soft knock came at the door moments before Nala's head popped in, "he's here sweetheart."

"Mom?" Terra asked, "Do I look alright?"

"You look beautiful," said Nala. She couldn't help the tears welling up in her eyes.

"How is Bay?" asked Terra.

"Almost packed," replied Nala. "I left her lunch, but she hasn't eaten it."

"Breakfast either," Terra noted.

"This isn't your fault Terra," said Nala. "As much as I wish your sister would stay here with us I think some time alone will be good for her. Let me worry about her today. You have someone waiting for you downstairs that deserves all of your attention today."

"I baked cookies last night," said Terra. "They are her favorite. Give her one or twenty after I go? She may be more willing to emerge from hiding after I'm gone."

"Deal," said Nala. "As long as you promise to keep your attentions on your date. I have this handled and it's not your responsibility today."

"Thanks mom," said Terra, refusing to make a promise she couldn't keep.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 02/15/2021 6:03 AM

Dodger waited somewhat patiently at the bottom of the stairs. He was mostly well composed except for the constant tap of his right foot upon the hardwood flooring. He had attempted to wait for Terra seated upon the couch, but the impatient shaking of his knee threatened to spill the tea Nala had poured. He was thankful for her hospitality, but didn't dare attempt to pick up his cup for fear that he would immediately spill it all over himself.

After what seemed like an eternity, Terra made her way slowly down the stairs with Nala following behind her.

"Do you have everything you need for picnic?" asked Nala. "I made some little sandwiches the other day if you need them."

"I know my cooking is nothing compared to yours Nala, but I think I have this one handled," said Dodger, his eyes never leaving Terra.

Terra walked over to Dodger and without a word slipped her hand in his. He smiled down at her.

"You ready?" he asked.

"Yes," she replied.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 02/17/2021 1:32 AM

Dodger had the day all planned out and nothing could go wrong now or so he thought. He had laid out a small blanket in the midst of the apple orchard with a picnic basket sat directly in the middle. Inside the basket contained a set of cheeses and sausages that he had shamelessly picked up at the store. He wasn't much of a cook after all. It also contained a bottle of champagne and two flutes.

When they arrived at their picnic destination, Terra smiled brightly.

"I love it here," she said.

Dodger absentmindedly swatted at a bee buzzing a little to close to his ear.

"No!" shouted Terra.

"What?" asked Dodger, concerned.

"It isn't going to hurt you so don't swat at it. Just leave it be and it will leave you alone too," she said matter-of-factly.

Dodger laughed, "that is so you. You care about the smallest of things."

"You should too!" said Terra defensively. "After all, that little guy makes that honey you're always going on about. If you swat another I swear I'll tell my mother your banned from buying our honey!"

"Okay, okay," said Dodger raising his hands in surrender. "I will stop swatting at them."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 02/21/2021 1:05 AM

"I'm starving," commented Terra.

"M'lady," said Dodger pointing a hand to the picnic blanket.

Just as soon as Terra had sat down she noticed the basket "jump" just the slightest bit.

"What did you pack?" she asked, startled.

Dodger's eyes looked just as wide as the now shocked Terra's. "Just some cheese and sausages from that place down the street you had showed me.

A small tiny "peep" could be heard coming from inside the basket.

"What did you do?" yelled Terra, ripping open the picnic basket.

Inside, sat the cutest creature that Terra had ever seen. Upon opening the basket, it jumped out and into her lap.

"Hello little one," she said. "She's so scared Dodger."

Dodger reached his hand over to give the little creature a reassuring pat, but it quickly nipped at him.

"I don't think he likes me," said Dodger.

"I don't blame him. This was quite the stunt putting a poor defenseless animal in a small little basket!" Terra whisper-yelled to avoid disturbing the creature.

"I didn't shove him in there!" said Dodger. "I don't know how she got in there."

Dodger looked into the now mostly empty picnic basket.

"And she ate our lunch!" he said, exasperated.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 02/21/2021 1:09 AM

Terra couldn't help but to laugh at Dodger's reaction.

"You promise you didn't force her into the basket?" she asked.

"That little lunch thief?" Dodger asked, jokingly. "In all honesty Terra, I had planned on a romantic date for two. Now, I'm starting to feel like a third wheel."

Terra smiled up at him. "She's so cute! It's a perfect date."

"For you," Dodger said, only half joking.

It wasn't that Dodger didn't like the creature. He did have a feeling that this little one was not going to let him near Terra at all tonight. He was happy she had something to take her mind off of her troubles at home, but he was really hoping he would be the one to that.

"Oh, Dodger Look!" said Terra, "We still have champagne!"
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 02/21/2021 1:13 AM

Dodger poured two glasses of champagne, his mood now brightening.

"I must admit she is a cute little thing," he said, handing the flute to Terra. Just as the flute got within her reach the Aurona hissed and pecked at Dodger's hand.

"Ahh!" he yelped, pulling back and spilling the champagne.

"No, no," chided Terra. "He's nice I promise."

Dodger poured a second glass and put on the blanket in front of Terra, out of pecking range.

"You know what we need now?" asked Terra.

"What?"

"Cookies!" she replied, pulling a large bag of them out of her bag. "I baked them as a peace offering for Bay, but I brought some along just in case."

"Just in case an Aurona stole all our food?" asked Dodger, playfully. "I'm starting to think you're the one who stuffed her in the basket."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 02/21/2021 1:21 AM

"Are those cookies safe for her to eat?" asked Dodger, watching Terra feed the Aurona more cookies than she had herself eaten.

"Oh yes," said Terra, they are just oatmeal. "Besides, this girl is hungry."

"I'm telling you that I packed a big lunch," said Dodger. "I'm surprised she didn't burst from eating that alone. You may want to slow down on feeding her."

Terra sighed, "you're probably right."

"I sure am," said Dodger, snatching away the cookies. "I definitely have not had enough though. Terra these are delicious."

Terra giggled at Dodger and gave him a bright smile.

"What are you going to name her?" asked Dodger.

"Name her?" questioned Terra. "I wasn't planning on keeping her."

"You won't have too," said Dodger. "But she will follow you home. She's clearly imprinted on you. She's going to see you as "momma" until she's older. I say you should take her home. Surely, there's room on the farm?"

"I suppose," said Terra, thinking about it. "She's not mine to keep, but if she follows me then I shall take care of her as long as she stays. I certainly won't cage her. She's had enough of that."

Terra eyed the too-small picnic basket.

"What a Terra thing to say," commented Dodger.

"You disapprove?" asked Terra.

"Quite the opposite," said Dodger, smiling.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 03/07/2021 6:57 AM

Terra looked down into her lap and was surprised to see that within a matter of moments the Aurona had seem to become full grown.

"This is not good," said Terra, looking to Dodger.

"What? How?" he asked.

"Magic," said Terra, "but the real question is "why?"."

"Peep!" a loud sound interrupted their contemplation.

"They're multiplying!" shouted Dodger.

In truth, Terra was worried about what could possibly be going on, but she couldn't help but laugh.

"Where is it coming from?" asked Terra, after another "peep" was heard.

"I got it," said Dodger, walking behind a nearby bush. When he returned, he brought out a Pengi. "Would you look at that? This one seems to like me just fine."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next