In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Otter Chaos! (Self) [Hunt]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/07/2023 4:37 PM

Marnie pushed with her wide back feet, and felt her head break the surface, waves gently pushing against her as she paddled upright in the surf. Her paws clutched the clam that she had pulled out of the sand and silt, and she floated on her back as she used her favourite pebble to chip at the clam's hard outer shell, to get at the gooey, salty treat inside. The warm sun lit up the sea around her in stark contrast to the nearby beach.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2196
Donate

Re: Otter Chaos! (Self) [Hunt]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/07/2023 4:42 PM

The water rippled as she floated, and small rings spread out from where the chips of shell landed as they flew away from the clam itself. Her nose wiggled in excitement as the shell finally opened enough to get her claws around the edges, and she stowed her pebble away before digging into her feast. Beneath her, bright swarms of tropical fish swam over dark sand, and thick ropes of kelp swayed in the currents that gently pushed Marina towards the shoreline.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/08/2023 8:13 AM

The waves gently pushed her until she felt the cool, wet sand beneath her back, and she stretched her legs out before flipping over and dropping what was left of the clam's shell beside her, before walking up the beach. The dark sand stuck to her paws, but the gentle waves kept washing over her feet and clearing it away as it built up, and she smiled at the sensation of movement as it trickled between her toes.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 07/08/2023 8:16 AM

She flopped down just out of reach of the surf, and began to wash herself, removing the sticky clam juice and cleaning her fur to ensure it didn't let the salty water wash away her natural conditioning oils. She was built for this life, swimming in warm water and feasting on shellfish. Occasionally, she would catch a crayfish or small amphibian, and that was a real treat - crunchy and salty yet filling, they always tasted better when shared.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate