In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

The Black Beach (P; Me and Rayann)

Postby jobiehanna » 07/16/2011 8:47 PM

Ares honestly had no idea how he had ended up on this black beach. It was odd, really. He remembered being told to go somewhere so that he was away from the house. His subconscious mind had brought him here, a place where he had never been.

And, it was so different than where he usually went. He never went to beaches with laughing people and rolling waves. He went to dark forests where he could find something to fight. These places were just too, well, happy for him. He even had two friends he usually went around with. But they were both busy on this sunny afternoon. He supposed it was time to find some new friends on this beach.

As the spetrakuhna walked along the sandy beach, he noticed the lack of many tourists. Sure, there were a few, but he supposed the black beach didn't attract much attention. It was semi-new. He just hoped he wouldn't be alone all day. For a little while it was okay, but not all day.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: The Black Beach (P; Me and Rayann)

Postby rayann102 » 07/16/2011 9:16 PM

Sheynsa

Sheynsa was wandering through the beautiful black sand of the black beach. Black was one of her few favorite colors. She wasn't sure why she was here or what she was doing she just felt it was right to be here on this specific day. As she was sifting through the sand she heard someone, or maybe something behind her. Sheynsa was always shy around others and soon started worrying someone was behind her, her mind flooded with thoughts.
Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin.

And if you have a minute, why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go somewhere only we know?
Somewhere only we know

~Valley Of Peace~
rayann102
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 84
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/16/2011 9:26 PM

Ares walked along, eyes surveying everything. Well, not everything. He hadn't noticed the other kuhna that was in his path. He stumbled into her, sending them tumbling for a short distance. The normally alert spectrakuhna was at a loss for words. This was so embarrassing.

He opened his mouth, then closed it. The way they landed, he was on top of her, which was very awkward. The look of her eyes was startling, like they were drawing him in for an examination. He quickly scrambled to his feet, offering a quick but embarrassed smile. "I'm so, so sorry, ma'am," he said just as quickly.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayann102 » 07/16/2011 9:54 PM

Sheynsa was is a short-lived shock. She then composed herself almost instantaneously. She took in the appearance of this other kuhna curiously. She admired his well-mannered behavior. "I accept the apology," she finally put into words, "My name's Sheynsa." She was slightly impressed at her unusual bravery.

Somewhere only we know

~Valley Of Peace~
rayann102
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/17/2011 9:51 PM

Ares smiled politely. "Thank you," he said. "My name is Ares." He offered the other kuhna another polite smile. He really hadn't expected the female to forgive him, let alone not ignore him. Usually, when you ran into somebody, they got mad and stomped off.

Though, she did have an unusual name. He had never heard it before. Sheynsa. Shey-n-sa. He sounded the name out in his head. "That's a pretty name, mind if I ask where it came from?" He hoped she didn't mind his question, since they had just met an all.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayann102 » 07/17/2011 10:30 PM

Sheynsa couldn't help but be slightly shy. She never really talked to other kuhnas, or other pets, very often. She returned a shy smile to Ares and replied, "My owner, rayann, thought of it when she got me and said it would be perfect. I, for one, enjoy the name." She then started nervously playing around in the sand thinking of what to say next. She was still amazed by it being black. She then asked him, "I've never heard the name Ares around before, where's that from?" She pondered some thoughts and gazed of into the water.

Somewhere only we know

~Valley Of Peace~
rayann102
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/17/2011 10:41 PM

Ares nodded his head and sat down in the sand beside Sheynsa. "Well, it's the name of a blood-thirsty god of war," he confessed, looking down at his paws. It was kind of awful to discuss his name. "I picked it out when I was younger and enjoyed fighting," he added. "Though, I won't turn down a fight if a moment presents itself." He hoped he wasn't scaring this poor girl with all his fighting talk. But, that was the stuff he talked about a lot of the time.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayann102 » 07/18/2011 10:41 AM

Sheynsa thought to herself, "Wow, this guy's pretty interesting, named after a god... of war." She then said to Ares, "That's cool. I've never really read about gods and such before, never really been into them." She was surprised at how openly the words came to talk to him. She wasn't usually very sociable. She then, out of nowhere, had the urge to tackle him, so she did.

Somewhere only we know

~Valley Of Peace~
rayann102
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/18/2011 10:59 AM

Ares smiled. "Well, I guess it's cool," he said. He was sure glad it hadn't scared Sheynsa. He was playing with the sand now, pushing it around. When the other pounced on him, Ares was completely caught of guard.

He wasn't sure why Sheynsa had tackled him in the first place. It was surprising, and he wondered what caused her to do so. He could tell it wasn't to fight, well, not real fight. It was more like a play fight, he figured. So he played back, careful not to unleash his true strength. He didn't want to hurt her, and he had built up enough muscle tone to seriously injure someone if he was not careful.

At first, she had him pinned onto the black sand, but with a little wiggling, Ares managed to turn get them rolling down the beach once more, which wasn't exactly what he wanted, but at least they weren't just staring at the sand anymore. As they tumbled the short distance to where the waves where lapping at the black sand, Ares found himself laughing for the first time in a long time.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayann102 » 07/20/2011 2:09 AM

Sheynsa hadn't had this much fun in ages. She laughed along with Ares. She liked his laugh. She enjoyed hanging out with this kuhna. She wondered if she'd ever see him again after today. She started thinking about all the possibilities and soon was overwhelmed with her thoughts and became somewhat non-responsive. She knew where she was and what she was doing she was just in a distant cloudy haze with all her thoughts getting the best of her, like they sometimes did.

Somewhere only we know

~Valley Of Peace~
rayann102
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/20/2011 11:13 AM

Ares was having fun laughing with this kuhna. It wasn't until he noticed that Sheynsa wasn't laughing anymore that he sensed something was wrong. He tensed up, expecting there to be a threat somewhere that he hadn't detected. He turned to her, and saw a distant expression on her face. Maybe there wasn't an outside threat. He relaxed a little and tried to get her attention. "Hey," he said softly. "What's wrong?" He had thought they were having a wonderful time, but her sudden change in behavior sent him flying for a loop.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayann102 » 07/20/2011 1:13 PM

She snapped back to reality when she heard his voice. She looked at him and remembered what all she was doing. She then replied, "Oh, sorry, just lost in thought again. It tends to happen from time to time." She then got quickly upset with herself. She hated getting lost in her thoughts, she felt stupid whenever she did. She felt bad for have doing it in front of him.

Somewhere only we know

~Valley Of Peace~
rayann102
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/20/2011 9:56 PM

Ares could sense the turmoil within the other and wondered if getting involved with this female was a good idea. She seemed, well, unstable. She had been laughing one minute, and then frowning the next. "Well, uh, it's alright," he said hesitantly. He wasn't sure if it was, indeed, alright or not though. He offered her a comforting smile. Being nice and comforting others was way out of his comfort zone, however.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayann102 » 07/23/2011 1:37 PM

Sheynsa was shocked at how nice he was being. "Uh, thanks. Not many others are that cool about it. I tend to wander alone because of it, no one really sticks by me," she revealed to him. She had a feeling he'd be kind of uncomfortable around now because of how all the others act when she has her, lets say, mood swings. She actually ended up here today wandering alone, and of course the black sand drew her in.

Somewhere only we know

~Valley Of Peace~
rayann102
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/23/2011 8:00 PM

Ares was watching the waves lap at the black sand now. He was a little uncomfortable with the female. He hadn't expected her to reveal herself to him. "Well, uh, I'm sorry about that," he said. "You seem like a nice lady." He continued to stare at the water, and wondered if the creatures that lived here were different than the ones on the white beaches. "I'm usually a loner myself," he added so as not to make her feel too bad. "I've got two close friends though, we practice together."

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items