In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Won't You Join Me Under the Water~? [P]

Postby Freezair » 08/25/2011 12:49 AM

((Mega props if you know what the title is a reference to. :D))

Marina

Just off the coast of the black sand beaches of Sa'fir, beneath the waves, amidst the coral and seaweed, between the sand and the stone, there lived... a hamster.

Sure, she was part fish, but if she stuck her head above the water, most people would think that there was a hamster sticking above the water. Which would be very peculiar, because most hamsters can't swim. She was not "most hamsters," of course. She was Marina, a merham. Like most merhams, she liked the seeds of water plants and playing in whirlpools. And friends. Lots and lots of friends.

Therein lay her problem: She couldn't find any friends.

She had old friends, true, but many of them were busy, and she was always looking for new experiences. Nothing like broadening one's horizons! But no one seemed to want to play today. How sad for her.

So she was out swimming about, looking for random strangers to accost and play with her. And maybe go hunting for hidden treasure. Only if they felt like it, though.

[1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: Won't You Join Me Under the Water~? [P]

Postby wave3girl » 08/25/2011 1:27 AM

(( Underwater Fantasy  is part of our title? I had to look through my favorites on Groove shark to remember what the title was.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo-9heICAA8))

Kio, Kuni

He was young. He had not many friends. He liked looking for new ones, even if they couldn't talk back.  His best friend was a bubble spirit.
Kuni was always a little bit odd. He liked odd and weird creatures.  Kuni was swimming around Sa'fir Coast. he was looking for rare seaweed, or coral. If it was rare he could show other it. He could find other who would be interested to be his friend.
Swimming in around the coast looking of odd and interesting items. He swimmed into a school of seawinders. He followed them around trying to see if they would do any cool tricks. He found they swam a lot like how his master explained Snakes moved. He laughed as he tried to imitate them. He wriggled and quivered trying to act likethem.   As he played the Seawinders left him. Kuni was close to the surface of the water. He looked down below the waves. He saw a curious site, a hamster in the water? "Wait that is That? it looks like baby Kalamarei." He swam to get a better look. "I hope it isn't lost it's way."

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
The most certain way to succeed
is always to try just one more time.
~Thomas A. Edison~

Zoo Pen | Journal | Wishes
wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 92
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/25/2011 1:31 AM

((YES. You get mega props. I don't know what mega props look like, but be assured you have them.))

Someone was there.

Marina watched them closely, trying to figure out who it might be. A Kuni, from the looks of it. A young one, and one all alone. Was he looking for friends, too? Was he bored as well? He seemed to be wandering, wondering what to do. Slowly, Marina began to swim towards him. She tried not to look menacing like a shark, or aloof like a manta ray. She smiled cheerfuly as she approached him.

"Hi!" A stream of cheerful bubbles rose out of her mouth as she spoke. "Are you alright? You look kind of lonely. You're not lost, are you?"

[2]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby wave3girl » 08/25/2011 1:38 AM

The kuni looked a little shocked. It wasn't a Kalamarei, it was... What was it? He smiled, "I'm not lost. I thought you were. What are you? You look so cool!" I put his fin out, "My name is Koi. What is your name?" He tried not to look over excited. 'I've never seen her. I hope we can be friends.' he thought. looking at her in mild confusion and joy.

((I was looking through 80's film and i remember that song. I have a friend who is fan of all things 80's. she showed me that song. I fell in love with it.))

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/25/2011 1:49 AM

Marina laughed. The Kuni didn't know what she was, huh? Well, it wasn't too unusual. Her kind didn't often go up on land, unless they were accompanying humans as pets. Not many people had seen one of her before. "I'm a merham," she said. "Part hamster, part fish. We live in the ocean. And my name is, fittingly, Marina." She fiddled with her blue shell necklace. She knew quite a bit more about merhams than that, but she'd take things as they came.

"Oooh! Sounds like a good basis for a friendship." She swam in a circle around the Kuni. "Two strangers mistake each other for lost! When they realize their error, the discussion that stems from it leads to them becoming friends! ...At least, that's how it should go." She settled in front of him, just floating. "So what were you up to, then? Me, I wa looking for interesting things to do... and interesting people to do them with. You?"

((Yay 80's! It's a fun movie, and I absolutely love the music. "With You I Can Run Forever" is my favorite song from it, though. :D))

[3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby wave3girl » 08/25/2011 1:59 AM

He laughed, "I'm just looking for something interesting. Maybe treasure? Oh a daring adventure to save a mermaid or a race with a Hydrokuhna." He acted out slaying a Gorgeel with his imaginary sword. "Adventure sounds fun to me!"
Koi stopped acting out what he thought. he looked at her beign shy, then looked at her necklace she was holding, "Where did you get that? Did you get it in a treasure chest?" HE swam around in excitement, "Did you find it in that seaweed over there?"  
Koi poked her, "Let's go do something!"

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/25/2011 2:09 AM

"Oh, this?" She pawed at the necklace. He certainly went to the point, didn't he? Hmm... but maybe it wasn't such a good idea to tell him about that yet. It might make him... hesitant, perhaps. No, she'd save that for later. And so she told him: "I'll tell you where it's from... if you go hunting treasure with me!" She giggled. "But I'll tell you this. It's not from a treasure hoard like you would know of one. No, it's different."

She swam towards a water-beaten rock outcropping, laced with corals. "Let's go on a treasure hunt! People leave things on the beach, and then the waves pick them up. They fall out here. You can find neat stuff." She swished down towards the sandy sea floor, where black volcanic grains mixed with white silicon ones. "Ever seen sea glass before? I love it! Let's look for some."

[4]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby wave3girl » 08/25/2011 2:20 AM

He speedily swam over with pure excitement causing a Drift behind him. "Long as I don't have to go on Land. I don't like it up there. I'm so heavy and slow up there."  He swam beside her moving to the coral.
" I'll find some glass for you." he floated by until he found something shiny. "Ohh look at this!" he said picking it up with his fin. A round disk with waves on the top . It looked like a crown for a small bubble Spirit but it had a design on the bottom. It was flat so you count put your head through the middle. it also looked like a table cloth his master used on the table for special occasions only metal and pointy. "I wonder what this is?" he said to himself.

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/25/2011 2:31 AM

Marina peered closely at the strange disk. The wave design was hardly uncommon among seaside decorations; it could have been a trinket washed off a tourist from the shore. "It looks sort of like a piece of jewelry," she said. "Can I see it? I want to know what it's made of. Does it feel heavy, or light? Like plastic, or more like metal?"

She found a lovely piece of rounded, smoky green glass buried in the sand herself. She tucked it, pleased, in the small pouch around her waist near the top of her fin. But her eyes focused on the unusual circlet with the most interest.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby wave3girl » 08/25/2011 2:39 AM

Koi passed it to her. "It is metal. My owner i think use to make jewelry out of them. She says it is usually garage because it comes off bottles. I like them. I can give them to my owner later for necklaces." he smiled looking around some more. he looked at a piece of plastic on the coral. "Can you make a bag for me with that?" he pointed to the plastic bag. "I don't have strong fins to get it."

((I think I got a kuhna breeding room. If I do, do you want to be my partner?))

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/25/2011 2:57 AM

((Sure could. You can go to my Kuhna list and pick any of them you like. ^_^))

"Metal, huh? Maybe it's valuable!" Then Koi pointed to the plastic bag.

Marina frowned. "Ick. Trash. Some people have no respect! Some of us have to live down here!" She swam over to it, but she did not make it into a bag. Instead, she balled it up and stuffed it into her own pouch. "You don't want a tatty old bag like that. Here; I'll do you one better!"

Instead, she approached a bed of thick, wavering seaweed. She swiftly nipped several long strands off the algae's base, then began to weave them together. Combined with a rolled and coiled-up strand for a rope, she swiftly made a nice little bag. She offered it to him.

"Here! This seaweed stays supple even when it dries out. This bag'll last much longer. Although it might be a little slimy now."

[6]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby wave3girl » 08/25/2011 3:12 AM

Koi didn't like slimy it remind him of the time he bump into Kalamarei. He took the bag and tied it under his gills and put the metal piece into the bag. "Thanks." smirked as he saw a piece something see through. "Look sea glass!" he flicked his tail at the sand uncovering the smooth glass.  The glass was purple and shaped like a star. he handed it to Marina, "Here you go. A present for a... friend?" he bashfully smiled hoping to friends.

((Felix Cartally made me laugh him and Dawn seem to match in the "let's go flutter somewhere"style.  I've never breed before so please forgive my clumsiness.))

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/25/2011 3:22 AM

((Felix it is then. And don't worry about it. I should go to bed now, though, so I'll see you for that tomorrow, probably?))

"Oooh, thank you very much!" She accepted the glass with great aplomb. With it held high in her hand, she fluttered through the water, boldly proclaiming: "Heigh ho! A gift of true friendship! From this day forward, we are brothers in spirit!" She laughed infectiously, but the regal bearings seemed to fit her strangely well. It seemed almost as if she was suited to being noble.

The bead went in her pouch with her other goodies. "There seems to be a lot of glass out here today. I wonder if there's any interesting driftwood, too? It's so interesting what the sea does to things that get pushed into it from the outside."

[7]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby wave3girl » 08/25/2011 3:46 AM

"I have not seen any driftwood yet. Maybe it is on shore?"he stated looking the sand. he kept looking but could find nothing.  Koi looked into his still slimy bag. 'I have a metal piece and a new bag. Marina is so cool.'  He closed it back up and started to search again. Koi was intent on finding a few more things when his tail fin bumped something. he found a Moon snail shell. "Look a shell." he picked it up and was about to put it near his face when a Snail came out of the shell and slimed him.
"Eh!" he squirmed and dropped the shell, " It was a home. Sorry Mr. Snail." the snail didn't respond and inched away.
He looked over at Marina. "What do you have in your bag?"

~Thomas A. Edison~

wave3girl
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/25/2011 2:58 PM

"Always be careful around shells," Marine said sagely. "Make sure they're empty, really! Not just for the creature's safety, but yours, too. Did you know there's a certain kind of snail that stings? And it's sting is really venemous, too. It hurts a few people every year because they pick up its shell without realizing it still lives inside. The poor snail is just scared, and the people were just curious. But it ends badly for both of them... it's sad."

She frowned. "Oh, my bag? Just the glass so far. I keep most of the cool stuff I find in my room at home. I've got a shelf full of my favorite stuff, and some extra places where I put extra things. If I run out of space, I give them to other people."

[8]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next