In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

[-- Redemption [Self/M/E/Hunt]

Postby Redd » 12/05/2011 9:37 AM

(Warning for those whose eyes may linger over this thread. Mature content is to be expected, what though I don't specifically have planned yet. And, uh. Also. First post is supposed to contain an Arkuhna. The image is broken though.)

ImageImage
"Krypto, Krypto!" The cheerful voice of a woman sung out over the shoreline, unimpeded by the gentle lapping of the ocean’s waves over the unusual black sand.

Krypto lifted her violet eyes from the small, chocolate and white Diosol that lazily basked in the sunshine with tubby legs wiggling in the air to the woman who came running towards her. At the noise, the Diosol flicked his ear and twitched his nose in irritation, but it was nothing more than an idle threat – he was simply too comfortable to move.

“Hey Krypto, I’m done!” Again the woman called out, but she needn’t to for she was already close enough for Krypto to hear her, even at a level tone. At that though, a small smile crept across her lips – once a rare sight, these days more common however – and she replied with a wave and rose from her squatting position.
The Diosol grunted, disappointed that his master’s hand had move from behind his ears but again, otherwise made no movement.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: [-- Redemption [Self/M/E/Hunt]

Postby Redd » 12/05/2011 9:38 AM

“You are?” Krypto exhaled in relief, pleased that her friend and constant companion had completed the task, and with ease it seemed for she bore no injuries, no scuff marks marred her perfect white shirt and pants, and not a hint of sweat was to be seen on her otherwise flushed face. Her pale emerald eyes did however bare hints of strain, their usual swirling myriad of gold and deep emerald flecks were slightly less visible and she did walk with a tired air.

"I'm glad to see you did not suffer, or injure yourself in return for a favour, Meerain." She continued, pacing towards her friend, and whistling at the Diosol. The Diosol heaved himself to his feet, snorting in protest, but knowing better to just following Krypto. “I would have not been able to live with myself if something had gone wrong.”

The woman, Meerain shook her head, golden hair restrained within a ponytail bouncing with every movement, and a bright, impish smile crept across her face. “Bah, it was a simple task, I am fine friend. How are you?” She paced over to scratch the Diosol behind the ears. “And how are you my  little, Solomon?”
Krypto’s mouth twitched into a smile, as she watched Solomon press his twitching nose into the woman’s palm and soon after the Diosol’s bemused mental voice filtering through her mind. ’She smells of smoke. What did you do, send her into a furnace?’

“I am fine, we just took in the scenery while you were gone. And Solomon... just was Solomon.” Krypto shrugged, knowing that Meerain’s question was just out of politeness. The Diosol didn’t reply but instead projected a feeling of pure irritation, at her description of him. Again, she struggled to repress a smile.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/05/2011 9:39 AM

Meerain noticed the exchange between them, simply by her ability to touch Krypto’s emotions; she didn’t have direct access to the projection from Solomon, but was able to feel the woman’s instant reaction to it, as well as observing the emotion on her face. “Is he talking to you again?” She asked, casting a curious look into the Diosol’s rich brown eyes. His eyes appeared dopey, placid and half-closed, not the eyes of an intelligent animal but Meerain knew better. “You never talk to me, why not, huh?” This question was aimed directly at the Diosol.

“I don’t know why he only talks to me. It seems to be something he seems pretty smug about though.” She added the last bit, upon feeling another projection of pure emotion from the Diosol’s mind. “It is odd. He does wonder why you smell like a furnace though.”

“... Furnace? Bah, I smell fine. You’re just a fussy old man.” Meerain laughed and shook her head at the Diosol, rising back to her full height. “Though, smelling or no, I do feel like a nice long shower and I’d like to be somewhat ready for whenever my work has to be tested.” Meerain flashed another bright full-mouth smile before turning around and heading towards the path that led away from the beach.

“C’mon Solly, lets go. She has a point, we need to be in the house when the time comes to test the new barriers.” Krypto picked up all her belongings, shaking the loose grey sand off each one before stowing them away in her hessian bag and following Meerain’s lead.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/05/2011 9:39 AM

‘Oh, so that’s what she was doing? Who is coming?’ A completely innocent question, from one who should have known better; Krypto scowled at the Diosol, both for getting even more sand through his shaggy paws and belly and for the question.
“You honestly can’t tell?”
As a thought of pure denial was projected into Krypto’s mind, she sighed wondering what she was going to do with the hare. “Thing is, I was hoping you’d know. I just felt... something out there and asked Meerain to reactivate the barriers.”

’Wise move. Those barriers haven’t been touched in maybe 30 years; perhaps that is why your spirit woman stinks. But, no. His presence is unrecognisable. Maybe it has been too long.’  The Diosol sighed, reflecting the past for a second before raising his loyal eyes, now sparkling with intelligence at his master.

“I do hope it’s not my Fallen friend.” Krypto grimaced, noting Solomon’s use of ‘him’. “I’d begun to hope that he’d finally let me be.” Krypto shuddered with fear and disgust, struggling to smother remerging tears and memories, both revolting yet sickeningly desirable. Solomon regarded her with some worry before attempting to change the subject.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/05/2011 9:40 AM

’Relax and let us hope it that is not the case. It could be one of his children, I would like that, it has been sometime since I have fought.’ The Diosol flashed her an emotion of pure cocky confidence, in an effort to boost her falling mood. Or, it could be Ruihn. A visit from him is will overdue. I would very much like to see him again, though the same could not be said for that horrible little wraith he keeps with him these days. Traces of icy hate ran through the Diosol’s mind.

“Wolfgang?” Krypto queried, struggling to recall the name of the Diosol-Demon that followed Kogoruihn around from time to time.

Yes, that sorry waste of flesh and blood, who defiles each breath of air he-‘ Soloman shot an impish look to counter Krypto’s disapproving one, and gave a mental cough. Ah, yes. Him, master. Still that said, do not despair. Our allies are just as crafty as our enemy, and while I live I can protect you. Trust master.’ Solomon flicked an ear and gazed at her with sympathetic eyes. He wasn’t lying in his abilities, but he had no way of proving to her he was more than capable of defending her. He could only prove himself when danger struck, but seeing as he had never had to deal with the Fallen’s aggressions, he did not know what strength the enemy could possess.

Krypto noticed the Diosol’s worrying eyes and gave him a reassuring smile. “I will be fine Solly, I just hope you are correct.”

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/05/2011 9:41 AM

Krypto sighed but spoke no more, focusing her attention on the rocky path before her. It stretched up from the beach over across a bed of rocks below a lofty rock overhang, then across a small valley, before swinging around and doubling back, leading the pair up the side of the headland. Once upon the headland, the paths lead back within a dense set of trees where the dwelling of Krypto, Meerain and Solomon existed. The walk did wonders to clear Krypto’s mind at the best of times; the methodical rise and fall of the ocean and the wonderful view the headland held – if she was lucky, she’d be able to spot rare and fey creatures of the air and water on a good day – was usually enchanting enough to draw her mind away from the constant horrors of her reality but today it just would not do.
Krypto then fretted over how Meerain would react to the sudden presence of worry in her mind; most likely, the Arkuhna spirit would fret and worry just as she would. Grimacing Krypto felt guilty and selfish again. The emotions of the Arkuhna’s mind fed directly from her own, due to some ethereal link that existed long before Krypto’s memory started.

And as if in testament to Krypto’s prediction when they reached the house, Meerain hovered at the door, her face creased with lines of worry. “Krypto. There you are. I was so...”

“Worried?” Krypto again pulled a face. “Sorry, that was me lost in my own thoughts again. Did you shower, that was unnaturally fast.”

Meerain shrugged, accepting the answer and knocking back Krypto’s question. “Hey, I’m an efficient person, you know. Don’t doubt me.” She pulled a strained smile, barely unable to form her own emotions with the strength of Krypto’s fear so close. She reached out an arm to comfort her friend but Krypto pulled a similar expression. “I am fine Meer. Honestly. I just hope it’s friend, not foe who comes a-knocking.”

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/05/2011 9:42 AM

'Krypto.' Solomon’s voiced echoed through the recesses of the woman’s mind, jerking her out of her trance-like state as she had drowsed in the arm chair. The barriers are about to be breeched.

A split second after the words had filtered through her mind, Meerain crashed through the door, out of breath and clutching a dark steel lance in her hand. "Krypto-"

Krypto raised her hand and nodded, her breath tightening in her own throat as she picked up her own weapon, a spear with a head that glittered like gold and sliced through its enemies like a knife through butter.

'Krypto, don’t be fucking daft. It’s me. Let me through.'

Krypto almost dropped her spear in surprise and quickly motioned to Meerain to let down the wards. A moment later, the door knob twisted and a very familiar man let himself in, his face set in an irate scowl, a not so familiar man hung behind him, his arms folded across his chest and a heavy hood hung over his downturned face, obscuring view of his face.
ImageImage
“Fucking hell Krypto. What was that? You could have fucking killed me.” The first man swung around, his face set in a feral snarl – if one didn’t know him enough they couldn’t have seen the rough friendly twinkle in his eyes behind the face, but Krypto did know him well enough. She knew him well indeed.

“Kogoruihn! It’s been too long.” She flung herself at him and wrapped her arms around his body in a tight embrace. The demon snorted and ruffled her hair affectionately. “Killed you? Oh please, don’t be overdramatic.” Krypto scoffed pulling away from him, slightly reluctantly.

“It has, I apologise for that. I had my own issues and research to follow up on.” He replied sombrely. The demon threw up his arms in a shrug and glanced around the rest of the room. “Eh, it would have caused some minor discomfort, I won’t lie.”

Minor discomfort? I spend a few hours getting those things up and risking my life for... minor discomfort. Great.” Meerain jested, placing her hands on her hips and raising her eyebrows at the demon. Kogoruihn again snorted and threw up his hands. “At least it’s something.” The Arkuhna retorted.

Does that stupid imp still follow you around, Dark One?’ Solomon raised his head from his basket and shot Kogoruihn a dark look, his mental voice tinged with loathing. While Kogoruihn was another person that he did not mind communing with, he did really detest the sable furred Diosol demon with an unbridled passion.

Kogoruihn returned the glance with a more mellow one. “Nay, Disguised One. He’s off gallivanting the countryside or something. Whatever took his fancy, I’m not too sure.” He shot a wry smile at the Diosol who glared at him. “I do however have a new friend, though one I’m sure you’d have met in passing Krypto. His name is Keening.”

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/05/2011 10:04 AM

“... And I thank you for denying my only request.” The hooded man growled voice dripping with pure venom, lifting his light blue hood off his head to reveal stunning man, with short, but slightly windswept or ruffled golden blond hair and startling blue eyes, Krypto noted, experiencing a startling revelation. Eyes the same as...

“Oh what of it? Honestly, what would it do to you? These women – and Diosol – you see here are no harm; they are here to help you further your own personal goals, my friend. And Krypto’s fucking met you before – probably not on amazing terms, but stop baulking like an irate horse with a stick up its arse.” Kogoruihn replied, his voice taunting, his face scowling. The demon’s language was never something to be desired, Krypto reflected thoughtfully but held her tongue until these two were done.

“If you don’t remember demon scum, I vowed to wipe out my entire family. By definition, you count as family even though you no longer regard yourself as one. The land needs cleaning and you need to be removed, eventually.” Words like acid dripped from the mouth of this man, who to Meerain was sounding more and more like a priest by the minute, though sudden understanding rocked through Krypto. The facial structure, the eyes, the odd shape strapped down on his back – he was one of Yoru’s children and indeed one they had encountered long ago – another conundrum that plagued her life. Why was it that everyone she knew... did not age? Yorutanekke and his ilk made sense, they were angels and thus gifted with extended life, and the same spoke for Kogoruihn and his demonic heritage. Meerain aged with Krypto, she and Solomon had not aged by any more than a year – over the course of thirty – either. It was a perplexing riddle, and Krypto’s heritage was always one that had eluded her, ever since she had begun to exist. That always confused her too. People were born, they did not simply exist. But Krypto was different. One day she had awoken and began her life, as if she had memories before waking but any memories were permanently unreachable.

“Bah, then why do you keep me around, if you’re so intent on wiping my family out?” Kogoruihn taunted his voice full of mockery.

“Because you are useful to me, and do not appear to even mind, nor care of that fact.”

“Well then. There we go, hmm. You’re smart, you should be able to realise that you’ve wasted time to bicker with me. Useful, valuable time that could be used to explain our uh, predicament to these lovely ladies, hmm?”

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/15/2011 7:43 AM

Keening shot a seething glare at the jovial demon, the corners of his upper lip curling into a snarl. Kogoruihn returned the glare with a ‘what are you going to do about it’ smirk before wrapping an arm protectively around Krypto’s shoulders and drawing her closer.
Solomon raised an eyebrow and silently smirked to himself realising the exact relationship between the pair, though not enough to piece exactly where the demon fit in; it now made sense as to why he stuck around though – a fact the Diosol had never been overly sure about.

“For the sake of my sanity, lets make this quick.” Keening rolled his eyes towards the roof and fixed up the sleeves on his light blue cloak. “My father – your lover” His voice dripped venom at the word and Krypto repressed a shudder. “Is on his way here now, thus our arrival.”

What.” The feeling of surprise, horror and disbelief was felt throughout the entire room. Solomon propped himself up on two paws, attentive, Meerain stiffened up, her hands balling into fists and Krypto properly shuddered this time and not even Kogoruihn’s protective embrace made her feel better.

“H- How do you know this?” Krypto’s voice was trembling – while she had been nervous about him coming before, the fact that this was actually happening was immensely too close of comfort.

Kogoruihn offered a comforting smile, but the rest of his face was grim. “Genesis tipped Keening off and Riot told me. I contacted Keening and well, I couldn’t contain my surprise when I found out he was heading here too.” Krypto’s heart twinged with pain and jealousy at hearing the names of both Yoru’s and Kogoruihn’s children.

“Simply fulfilling my duties of cutting the head off the serpent. Once he’s gone, I can finally end his line.” Keening spat in disgust.

“Still up to his old games, then.” Meerain retorted, before realising how much of the jealousy from Krypto had crept into her voice.
Kogoruihn noted the tone of her voice, before flicking his eyes down at Krypto – but her eyes were heavily guarded from any emotion – wondering if that tone was intended at him, or Yorutanekke, or both.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 12/18/2011 1:12 AM

((Ohhey there. Congrats you successfully tamed the first pet of the season! ^o^ It'll be in your inbox shortly. You'll find it... amusing to say the least. I certainly did.))

While greetings, debates and jealousy occurred within the walls, it was obvious no one had bothered looking outside the walls of the building, specifically at the front of the house, near the door. For some reason strange objects had been popping up around Evelon this season and even with the Arkuhna's wards up it hadn't stopped a strange Golden Star appearing right on their very doorstep. It simply, wasn't there one minute then the next a cold, almost icy puff of air swirled around Sa'fir. Soon after the star appeared like it had always been there.

It seemed no place on Evelon would be safe from their appearances.
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate