In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Re: Let Me Entertain You {Atoli and I, possibly M}

Postby Atoli01 » 04/15/2012 9:12 PM

Okay, so I guess the circumstances of having those children weren't the greatest, though I kept up my smile throughout every other word he said. And I could really relate to that last part. Of course I didn't have children, although... "Cassie. She's my younger sister...Only 13 years old. But I treat her like a kid, y'know? We both went through hard times, and things happened... I'm... I'm not supposed to see her anymore, but I still do. I crave going to all those parties, just so I can pull her aside and talk to her, if only for a few minutes. I think... I know what you mean, in that sense."

You wouldn't call my facial expression a frown or a smile at the memory, but almost... a mix of both. Just like all the things I went through back then. There were the good times and the bad and heck, even the worst. But I loved getting to talk to her. To get to know what's going on in my ex-family's lives, even if they don't consider me part of their's. "I guess you could say she's the only real family I have left."

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 04/15/2012 9:48 PM

"Oh?" Now, Tyre couldn't help but ask. After all, she kept speaking of her family. Everything she mentioned about her family only peaked his curiosity, until he could hardly handle it. "And why aren't you allowed to see her?" He cocked his head in confusion. "I don't see my daughters because they choose not to; they prefer shopping with their grandma, since she spoils them rotten and buys them everything they want. Or they'll go with their mother, since she lets them do whatever they want while she goes out and parties all night."

"And how is she the only family you have left?" He suddenly realized that maybe he was asking too much. "I mean, you don't have to tell me. But if you want to...I'm not the type to laugh at someone's pain or misfortune, and I'm not one to share the things that have been spoken to me in confidence."

{9}

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/16/2012 7:18 AM

Even with Tyre's assuring words, I was still a little hesitant to tell him about it. Sure, I trusted him, but what if he was in some way involved with all of them? Humans knowing about our society and the happenings in it wasn't unheard of, after all. But maybe I was just being paranoid. Either way, it still took me a few minutes before I said anything.

"Well... five years ago... I broke a lot of people's rules in a major way. Two... of my friends died... And it didn't look good for my parents, so they simply got rid of me, disowned me. So Cassie isn't supposed to talk to me anymore, although my parents don't know that it's... me. Cassie does, though. And it's because of that that I don't even consider my parents family anymore. Cassie kind of filled my spot... and they had another kid, too. A boy named Maverick."

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 04/16/2012 5:03 PM

As she was speaking, Tyre leaned forward ever so slightly. "Is that so?" He shook his head. "Parents should stick by their children no matter what. I don't care what mistakes Rose or Oceana make; I'm their father and I will stand up for them." He leaned forward and gently placed a hand on her arm. "I'm sorry that you're parents were too blind to see that they were losing a precious treasure by disowning you."

Thinking in silence for a moment, Tyre shook his head and sighed. "Besides, I doubt that what you did could have been so horrible. And the deaths - in all honesty, they probably weren't even your fault. Sometimes things are set in motion long before you even make the choice that tips the scale. It may have seemed like it was your fault, but I know that you're not the type to purposely kill someone. You yourself did not cause their deaths, I'm sure."

{10}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/16/2012 7:00 PM

Parents sticking up for their kids? Yeah right. Not mine... As soon as I caused them trouble, they just discarded me! But... they were right to, I suppose... No matter what Tyre said, there were some things that a parent could just never forgive their child for, certainly. What I did being one of them. But I couldn't tell him that. He would never understand he severity of it unless I told him exactly what happened, what I did. And that was my dilemma with his second set of comforting words, as well. It was all my fault, and the person I had to 'dress-up' as now was my punishment.

So in reply, all I did was sigh. There were no words to say - or rather, that I was allowed to say - that would make him understand anyway. "I'm... over it mostly. No use crying over spilled milk, right? How was your childhood, Tyre?" I said to him, managing to muster a smile. I was able to add a little bit of cheerfulness to my voice, though it was only enough to show that I wasn't drowning in my own self-pity. That was enough, though.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 04/16/2012 8:50 PM

At her question, Tyre sighed. "I...don't really remember. It seems like such a long time ago." He couldn't tell her that it really was a long time ago. Hundreds of years, in fact. "I lived with my father for a long time, and then...he died." Tyre sighed. "After that, I lived with my mother. She wasn't interested in the responsibility of a son, though. She'd much prefer the grandchildren I gave her. She gets to spoil them, without all of the responsibility of raising them or the blame if they turn out less than perfect."

((Sorry...my muse is so low right now D:))

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/17/2012 10:34 AM

"I guess... we're both in the same boat in a way, haha. I guess not everyone's suited to be a parent in the end," I said in reply to him. I couldn't help but fidget a little bit at the statement. I guess that everyone who became a parent in the first place thought that they could be a good parent. Well most sane people, that is. I wonder how good a parent I would be if I ever had children.

I traced my finger along the edge of the wine glass for a while before picking it up and taking a couple sips. I just sat there and relished in the taste for a few moments before directing my attnetion back to Tyre. "What do you say we switch it to a more... happy topic, right?" I said with a small smile.

{{Haha, it's fine~ Dun worry about it. c:}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 04/18/2012 2:11 PM

"I suppose you're right about that. I just hope that the parents who are actually good parent material aren't discouraged by the parent's who aren't." He sighed every so slightly. "I've seen so many people who were good parents end up burning out. They see the way that other parents handle things, and figure what's the use of trying when other parents who are doing badly raise relatively good kids."

He nodded, smiling. "Yes, that would be good." He looked down. "I tend to talk about things that not many people find...a comfortable subject. I'm sorry."

{12}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/18/2012 2:40 PM

"Oh, no no, its perfectly fine. I brought on the subject a little as well. So dont mind," I replied to him with a small smile. After all, it was me who brought up Cassie. It surely wasn't his fault for being curious and asking about it. To be perfectly honest, I would have asked thw same thing if I were in Tyre's shoes.

"Hrm... What's your favorite food?" Yes, a nice, light change in subject. Though I genuinely was curious about it. There were so many different foods in the world - and different ways to prepare each one, of course - that it was hard sometimes to just pick [i]one[i] of them to call your favorite. It seemed that there wasnt to much of a variety of picks for favorite when you came down to it, really. People seemed to pick things like pizza or cake all the time.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous