In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Let Me Entertain You {Atoli and I, possibly M}

Postby Kitsumi » 01/16/2012 9:43 PM

((For the record, I'm labeling this as possibly mature since there may be a bit of language involved. Just letting you know))

Sitting at a table in a nice restaurant, candle flickering in front of him, Tyre awaited for his companion for the night to enter. He had been told that it was to be referred to as a "blind date" and figured that the female he was to entertain believed it to be so. While it was a bit odd in his opinion, he wasn't one to question the ones paying him. After all, hosting was a bit like a blind date, in some ways. Besides, his job was to give a woman (or man) a night of pleasure - whether physical pleasure was involved depended on the one he was supposed to entertain. If this woman would find pleasure in believing that this was a blind date and not a paid job, then so be it.

His clothes were nicer than usual; he wore a nice suit, bordering on being a tuxedo, and tie. He had been informed that the woman, Portia, was formal when first meeting someone. Tyre hoped that she would appreciate the effort he had put into setting this up - he had made reservations weeks beforehand, and had been saving this date for a special kind of woman. Portia's friends had assured him that she was definitely a special woman, and he took their word for it.

Checking his watch, he saw that it was exactly five minutes until the scheduled meeting. Well, soon, he would be meeting the mysterious Portia.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Re: Let Me Entertain You {Atoli and I, possibly M}

Postby Atoli01 » 01/17/2012 10:28 AM

A blind date? Why did Lissa always stick me in situations like this? I was single and proud, thank you very much! And again, it was going to be a human, no doubt. Maybe it was just my nerves getting to me. Who actually fell in love with a person on a blind date, anyways? And at that, Daren didn't even try to stop her at all! I sighed, just thinking of my brother encouraging her.

And then I froze right when my hand was about to grab onto the door handle. Lissa had told me that it was going to be a really fancy restaraunt, and had even given me a dress to wear. I didn't wear it though - it was one of our dresses that made you look like you were from the Victorian era - that, for the record, would look really weird walking down the sidewalk in. Maybe I should have worn a longer dress, at least? Mine only came down to my knees; it was cute though! a simple gray dress with buttons running down the middle, with a piece of darker gray plaid running along the top. It was... almost a strapless dress, besides the fact that it had, well, straps. I wore my all-purpose light brown boots - even with the color not matching the dress, it still matched in a way.

A sigh escaped my lips as I opened the door of the restaraunt, running my fingers through my usual long brown pigtails. Apparently the seating lady already knew who I was, considering she motioned for me to follow her. I did just that, and she led me to a table with a man sitting there. I held my hand out to him before I sat down. "Um... My name is Portia. You already knew that, though..."

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/17/2012 12:57 PM

Noticing the young woman coming towards him, Tyre decided that she must be the one he had been paid to entertain. She was pretty; there was a sort of simplistic beauty about her. The fact that her face wasn't one that she had painted on, and her clothing choice (which was very different from some of the inappropriate scraps of fabric that other girls wore) set her apart. That, in and of itself, made her beautiful to Tyre. In a world full of mortals who all looked alike, this girl...she was just...different. Something about her aura; it shone brighter, gave off more energy then that of most - any, actually - of the girls Tyre had met.

As she approached the table, Tyre stood to greet her. She offered him her hand, but instead of shaking it, he bowed over it slightly, pressing a polite kiss to the soft skin. "Greetings, Portia. I don't know if they told you my name or not? It's Tyre. It is a great pleasure to meet you." Gesturing to the dress, he offered her a friendly a smile. "You look pretty."

He quickly pulled out her chair for her, and then sat down in his own. Looking at her from across the table, he gestured to the menu. "I took the liberty of ordering us some wine; I hope you don't mind. I have yet to order an appetizer yet, as I didn't know what you liked."

{2}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/17/2012 5:38 PM

When he kissed my hand, I really couldn't help my getting flustered. "N-nice to meet you, Tyre," I replied with a grin, hoping he wouldn't notice my blush. And when he said I was pretty, I nearly died of embarassment. I knew my face must have been as red as a tomato. When he pulled my chair out, I quickly muttered a thank you. I was used to be treated like this at all of the formal parties, but I had a reputation there - something I most definitely lacked among average humans.

At his mention of the wine though, I smiled. "Thank you. I quite enjoy wine." And there it was - my formal way of speaking. It wad a good sign though; at least half of my usual composure had returned. Though... I did like wine. Not something I would go out of my way to drink, but it tasted good enough and worked for formal occasions. I went ahead and flipped through the menu, happily looking for an appetizer. I wasn't in the mood for anything too fancy, so salad would do just fine, right? "Would salad be alright for you? Assuming you like it, that is, Tyre."

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/18/2012 1:55 AM

While he would never bring it up, Tyre was able to spot the slight coloration of Portia's cheeks. Inwardly, he grinned; he was used to making young ladies blush, but Portia seemed like she was more of the composed type, not one of the giggly ones who blushed easily. Tyre considered it almost an achievement that he had been able to make her blush. Not many young ladies were used to being treated like a princess - the young men these days were far less respectful and chivalrous than back when Tyre himself had been born. Back then, the young men had to woo a lady in order to even gain a word or two from her. Now, it seemed that all a man had to do was wink at a young woman to win her heart. But Tyre was old fashioned, and he still enjoyed the chase, the periods of uncertainty while trying to woo a lady and win her heart.

"Well, that's quite good to hear. I hope you'll enjoy the wine I ordered. It's a very good year." As if on cue, a man brought out the wine, allowing them to taste it before pouring it to the perfect level. Raising his glass towards Portia, he said, "A toast, to you, my lady." He swirled the drink in his glass a bit, inhaling the scent before drinking. "A salad sounds exceptional. Would you prefer a Caesar, or did you have another type of salad in mind?" He gazed at her from across the table, trying to figure out what it was that made her aura so strong and full of light opposed to that of other mortals.

{3}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/18/2012 9:57 AM

"And a toast to you, Mr. Tyre," I said in reply, smiling quite a bit. He really was a gentleman, more so than almost everyone I had met before. I took a sip of my glass of wine and smiled inwardly. "Your tastes are quite exceptional, Tyre." It wasn't a lie either; the wine was, without a doubt, one of the best I had ever tasted. As expected of the restaurant, it certainly wasn't a cheap variety, either.

"Hm... Caesar salad sounds quite nice." I smiled at him before I continued to flip through the menu in front of me. There was such a wide variety to eat, and from the pictures, it all looked amazing. The one bad thing about fancy restaurants such as this - I sighed - was the fact that the portions were so little. Just because I was basically a female aristocrat didn't mean I coudn't have at least a semi-large appetite. In the end though, I just decided on spahgetti. Simple, yet prepared elegantly enough to be served in a restaurant such as this. I closed my menu and took another sip of my wine before folding my hands in my lap.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2012 7:45 AM

Smiling at Portia over his glass, Tyre could tell that she appreciated the wine. It made him glad, that he had done something right in the way of showing this young lady an enjoyable night. Hopefully, the rest of the night would go as good as it was going now. While Tyre was being paid to do this, and it was considered his 'job', he actually enjoyed making women feel respected, cherished, and whatever type of pleasure they wanted. It was why he was so good at his job; because he had lived to do this, long before ever becoming a host. By now, he was adept in his skills to woo a young woman.

"Then Caesar it'll be." Tyre motioned for the waiter, informing him of the order of the appetizer. When the waiter asked for the order of their main entree, Tyre allowed Portia to order first. She ordered the spagetti, and then the waiter turned to him. "Well, I must admit that my most beautiful and lovely companion here has made me want Italian." He grinned over at her briefly before ordering. "I'll have the Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara, please."

Once the waiter had left with their order, Tyre turned back to Portia. "So, what kind of work do you do, Portia?"

{4}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/19/2012 12:20 PM

I thanked the waiter before he left, smiling politely. I still can't believe I was sitting in a restaraunt like this; I had always seen so many sophisticated looking people walking in and out of the place. My plain outfit didn't compare to those fancy ones they wore in any way. That sort of made me wonder what sort of man Tyre was though, to be able to afford to take someone on a blind date to a place like this. And then he stole the words right out of my mouth.

"Um... er... I work for the government! I mean... kind of, its... its hard to explain, haha." That... that really caught me off guard. And knocked off my composure again. I couldn't just go tell him... 'Oh yeah, I'm a witch.' I suppose I did sort of work for the government in a way, just not the type of government I'm sure he was used to. "Anyway, how about you Tyre? What do you do?" I asked him in return, smiling politely. I really just hope he wouldn't catch on to my stumbling. That would definitely be something hard to talk my way out of.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/22/2012 1:19 PM

For some reason, her answer seemed...sketchy, at best. He wouldn't go so far as to say that she was lying, but there was definitely something missing in her story. Still, Tyre definitely wasn't one to press the matter, and he certainly didn't want to make Portia feel uncomfortable. So instead of questioning further, he simply nodded and replied, "Government work, eh? That sounds quite interesting. Forgive me for asking though; I understand if there are certain details that you are unable to tell me."

As the question was posed back at him, Tyre had his normal answer ready. "I do many things, honestly. My main job, and the one that I'm paid for, is as a bartender in a bar. Not one of those crummy, shady little places, of course. I pride myself on being able to mix sophisticated drinks in a clean, relatively high-class bar." He quickly looked down, embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound as if I'm bragging."

The story he had told wasn't exactly a lie - he was skilled at mixing drinks, and he did work at a nice bar, on days that he wasn't hosting. So, technically, he hadn't lied...he had simply left out part of the truth, just as he suspected her of doing.

{5}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/31/2012 2:09 PM

"It is interesting, though it occasionally has its downfalls. Oh, and your asking really isn't a problem," I replied happily, smiling at him. The 'job' really did have its downfalls. Like having to hide my identity from all of them. Not to mention Tyre. Portia Dauwtiz? Why couldn't I just be Mara Tenor...? It was worth it in the end though. I got to further my studies, not to mention keep in touch with my little sister, Daren, and Lissa. It was a sacrifice I could make.

When I had heard Tyre's reply to the question I had thrown back at him, I grinned. And, although I tried to help myself, I even giggled just a tiny bit at his answer. "Haha, sounds like you rather like your job. Even though I am slightly underage," I glanced down at my wine guiltily, "I would love to stop by sometime." I picked up my wine and swirled it around, stealing several guilty glances at Tyre. He had to have been older than me, but I couldn't help thinking that he was at least a tad bit cute. Definitely on par with Daren - who all the ladies fell for - without a doubt.

{{Sorry I took so long to reply. D:! Real life kinda caught up with me a bit. New puppy and all. o^o And school. And stuffs. Y'know. XP}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 04/15/2012 4:39 PM

"I suppose that any jobs have their downfall," Tyre said thoughtfully. "Even in a bar that is supposed to be relatively classy, you get the drunks who just won't allow you to cut them off, even when you know they need it. They'll yell and scream, and create a scene. I've had to  call the cops a few times," he chuckled. "It can get pretty ugly. But I suppose that when you're doing something you love, you're willing to put up with the downsides. Wouldn't you agree?"

Her laughter was like the tinkling of several tiny bells in his ear - Tyre wanted to hear it again, and again. "Well, feel free to come by any time. You may have my card, if you wish." He pulled out his wallet, and removed a business card from it. He drew an odd symbol on the back of it before handing it to her. "Here, this has the address of the place and a number you can reach me at. If someone attempts to stop you at the door, show them the mark I drew on the back. They'll let you in," he grinned, and his next words were completely honest. "I'd love to see you there. And don't worry, I don't tell anyone that you're underage." He winked.

Something about being with Portia made Tyre feel calm and relaxed, able to be himself. Maybe because he knew that just being himself was enough to satisfy her. With some, he had to put on a show to entertain them. But not with Portia. She seemed content with just talking and getting to know each other.

{6}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/15/2012 4:58 PM

"Doing something I love... yes, I would agree completely." My mind flicked back to Daren, Lissa, and Cassie especially. Our meetings were purely for 'business' although I would always slip away and speak to her during parties. My mother falling ill, baby Maverick being born... I knew it all thanks to her. Even though my parents would never reclaim me, never let me be a part of their lives again. The downsides of my position weren't horrible, I concluded.

"Thank you, Tyre," I told him as I took the card in my hand. I've no clue why, but I flipped it around in my hands several times, acting like it was some valuable piece of treasure, some keepsake from a loved one. "Trust me, you'll see me there. I'd love to come." I slipped the card into the pocket of my dress, being careful not to ruin it. And what I said was completely true. There was just something about Tyre that made me feel secure, comfortable, even though I had barely known him. "Do you have any siblings, Tyre?"

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 04/15/2012 5:47 PM

She seemed thoughtful for a moment, and Tyre didn't want to interrupt her thoughts. He remained quiet, sipping at his wine and picking at the food in front of him. He took the chance to study her, examining her features closely. She really was quite beautiful. Tyre was actually happy that he had been hired as her host today. Of course, now he wished that he had met her in a better way. If she were to find out that he was a host, would she be upset with him? Well, Tyre just wouldn't take the money he was supposed to be paid. He had made his mind up about that; this was too enjoyable for him to be paid for it. It wasn't like he needed the money, anyways.

"You are very welcome, my dear," Tyre smiled at her and gently patted her hand in an intimate way that he hoped wouldn't offend her. "If you come, I'll mix a special drink, just for you. I've been working on creating a new drink - one that's incredibly sweet and likeable to almost anyone. I think I may name it after you." He smiled at her charmingly.

At the mention of siblings, he sighed. "No, I was never given the pleasure of siblings. I have two daughters, though. Rose and Oceana - they're twins, but as different as different can be." He chuckled. "They don't see me often, though. They spend a lot of time with their grandma, and then a little with their mother, and almost no time at all with me. They say that they prefer 'girl time'. I think they're in that awkward stage where they're becoming independent and don't want to be seen with daddy anymore." He sighed again, sadly. "I hope that they grow out of it, since I would love to see them more often."

{7}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/15/2012 6:07 PM

This guy was just making me blush every two seconds, wasn't he? I was not going to go all schoolgirl mode on him. No after... not after him. Just five years ago... I knew I wasn't over him. So I couldn't be falling for another person, could I? No, Tyre was just a friend certainly. An incredibly charming friend, but still a friend nonetheless.

At his reply to my question however, I couldn't help but blink several times. Kids? He sure didn't look old enough to have them, but than again, there was this fifteen year old girl at my old high school that was pregnant... Either way... I sighed involuntarily. "I wish I had the choice to choose which parent to hang out with. I guess I'm a little old, but they just... never mind." Just wait until they start to fall for a guy, I added mentally before shaking my head slightly.

"Either way," I tried my best to make my smile return, and I think I did pretty well, "I've always wanted kids. They just seem so cute and lovable! Are they really as big a hassle as everyone says they are?" I tilted my head thinking about it. I was probably a hassle. I was definitely a hassle. Cassie was an angel. I wonder what Maverick would be like? Daren and Lissa were already out of their annoying teenager stage.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 04/15/2012 8:51 PM

Noticing Portia's blush, Tyre smiled inwardly. He didn't say anything about it, though, not wanting to embarrass her any more. He thought she looked good, though. The blush definitely added to her charm; Tyre never understood why girl's thought they looked so horrible when they blushed. Portia looked almost as good as Astrid...No! Tyre would not think about the mother of his children now.

Noticing her hesitation, Tyre wondered if there was something going on between Portia and her parents. But he decided not to ask. Getting to know each other during the first day of meeting someone was fine. Asking extremely close and personal questions was not. Instead, he simply nodded and didn't question any further.

Her next question caused Tyre to chuckle. "To be honest, I didn't want them at first. And neither did Ast-their mother. It was actually more of a business arrangement in all honestly. My mother wanted grandchildren, and my father wanted her alliance. So they sent us to that dreaded 'Breeding Center' or whatever, and Rose and Oceana were born." A slow smile formed on his face. "I thought I would hate them. But the instant they were born...I loved them so immensely, I thought my heart would burst." He chuckled. "They are the only two things I live for. I go months, living on the hope that I'll be able to see them for a few, brief moments."

{8}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate