In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Create, Destroy, Repeat [P:May Open later on][M: V, L]

Postby Kylo » 05/15/2012 11:22 AM

((All violence in this will be towards what is traditionally considered to be inanimate objects, in this case being statues, so there will be no gore. I would love constructive comments and feedback on this as I am trying to create a novel from this later on that I plan to publish. I may open this up to one other person later on. PM me if interested in joining.))

The small uninhabited island a few dozen miles off of the coast of Sa'fir sat peacefully amongst the ocean's waves it's lush greenery warmly soaking up the sun's rays. No one had set foot on the island years....well no one that was human besides Ren. The young man had won it in a bet with a rather pathetic pirate and had since made sure that no one dared to set foot of his land. It had been declared uninhabited by Ren himself to keep others away as well as spread rumors of great dangerous beasts that devoured people alive. Of course that was a complete lie. The only dangerous being on that island was Ren himself.

He looked up at the sky and grinned widely. Not a single cloud could be seen and the air was nice and hot. Perfect for what he was planning. He looked back down at his tools of his trade; cement, plaster molds, chisels, hammers, steel wire, and a cement mixer. Ren was a statue maker. He worked diligently on his trade and created true masterpieces. Before he had holed himself up on the island he had been a rather well off artist, designing and creating beautiful garden statues for museums and businesses. All of that went away once he had decided to take his art up a few notches.....and after he had found that book.

It had been an innocent little experiment at first. He didn't believe that he could really bring his art to life, but once his first statue moved...well it was all down hill from there. He quickly became obsessed with creating the most beautiful, the most realist statues that he could then breathing life into them. People at first feared his work but then came to learn that all his creations were truely gently souls who could never harm a living being. For a while things went well but then Ren grew bored. Tired of all the happiness of his creations he grew violent and began to destroy them, smashing them to pieces and burning them in hot infernoes. It was then that his demented cycle began. Create, destroy, repeat.

As the years had gone by he had added to his cycle by torturing his creations before ending their pathetic existance. He would give them jobs and things to care for and love, then he would take it all away and destroy it in front of them. Only once his creations had lost all hope would he destroy them.

Today was not any different he had recent destroyed all of his lats works and now was setting out to create his newest batch. He almost lovingly sanded the small concrete stone in his hand to smooth it out and remove the sharp edges. It was to end up being a small bird once he was finished. He smoothed out it's rounded head and it's plump chest. Once satisfied with the result he took out his etching tools and began to add tiny details to it's feathered wings, scratching lightly to add the feathered textured. He hummed quietly as he worked and occassionally stopped to smile and admire his work. The bird would end up small enough to fit in the palm of his hand and he was getting close to finishing it.

Ren worked amazingly fast on his creations, much faster than any other artist he had ever met. His secret was to create all the bases at once so that all he would have to do is sand and etch each one individually. Of course always leaving one creation that could not speak behind to help him work helped as well. He looked over at the only creations he had ever made that was just as darked hearted as he was. Still Ren had taken extra precautions and made sure it could never speak to any of his new ones. It would be no good if the others found out, they just might try and kill him.

An hour later Ren looked down at his litte bird and smiled widely. It was finally complete! All that was left to do was breathe life into it. He set the bird down and went to retrieve his book. He flipped through the pages until he reached the right one. With a smile he quietly and sternly voiced the incantations and waited for the bird to move. He stood stock still as the wind picked up and bright light shot down from the heavens and into the small stone. Ren covered his eyes from the light and wiated until it disappeared and the wind died down to look back. When he looked up the bird tilted its head and at Ren and chirpped softly. It flapped it's little wings and watched him with curiousity. Grinning happily Ren ran over to the little bird and picked it up. It chirpped more at him and seemed to instantly trust him. It was just too easy in his opinion for his creations to trust him completely. He patted the bird on the head then set it down on the ground where it began to hopped about in curiousity and inspected it's surroundings. He watched the bird for a short while before going to return to work.

He decided upon a human piece next and began to deligently work on smoothing out the stone meticulously. Hours passed by and his older work came over to help him smooth the stone and add etchings and details to it. Ren hummed again as he worked and by the time the sun set he had finished the human. Deciding to breathe life into it the next day he yawned and taking the other creation by the hand he drug it off to his small home.

He had never named the creation as he decided it was not worthy of a name, and it wasn't like it needed one since it could not communicate to others. It sat down in the corner of Ren's bedroom and close it's stone eyes to lay there for the night. It would not move at all until the morning. Ren crawled lazily into his bed and fell fast asleep. His bird statue fluttered up to Ren's window and sat on the ledge watching him with unblinking eyes. It watched him all night as it pondered its purpose in the world, not understand that it truly had none, at least until Ren gave it one.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer