In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Re: S1: Azura and Atoli01 (Sa'fir Coast)

Postby Atoli01 » 06/07/2012 8:17 PM

I face palmed. Quite literally. No matter what anyone said--even if they had been climbing since they were born--climbing palm trees most definitely wasn't as safe as she was assuring me it was. "Well, if you do fall, you can't say that I didn't warn you," I replied with a sigh. I wasn't going to take any of it, so I just closed my eyes for several seconds, waiting for the inevitable sound of her fall.

When that didn't come however, I opened my eyes. To my surprise, there was an egg laying at my feet, and... her. Her, who was perfectly fine. "Regardless, just don't try that again. It doesn't matter how good of a climber you are. You can take a wrong step and fall." I grimaced at the thought of her breaking a bone or something. "Next time you try that, don't you think that I won't come over and pull you back down." With that, I gently placed the egg in the bag with the rest and scanned the beach once more. When I couldn't see anything, I just began walking in some random direction. Something was bound to show up at some point.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 06/08/2012 3:44 PM

Miami crinkled her muzzle at him and pranced around. "You're silly, Mister Farik," she chimed. "I don't fall. Even if I did, it's not the falling that's the bad part; it's the landing. And landing's not so bad if you know how either. And if you fall right and land right, the falling feels like flying!" If there was one thing she liked better than the actual climbing, it was the falling. Even an unexpected fall could be turned into something fun. "You just got to keep your body round and know how to aim is all. Nothing too difficult. Now, come on! We've got more eggs to find!"

((Short post is short.))

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 06/08/2012 4:05 PM

In response to her, all I could do was turn around and blink several times. That definitely... wasn't natural. I didn't know a single person who ever considered falling as being fun. No normal person would talk about the fun of a fall. I sighed and turned back around, continuing my walk along the beach. It was still a minute or two of walking until I spotted yet another egg.

"Here's another one. And there's one over there, too," I said simply as I pointed over to a small patch of seaweed by the ocean. I went ahead and walked over to a small pile of rocks where I had seen the other egg. The egg almost blended in, but I had better eyesight than to be fooled by that. A small, black egg. It had the faintest sparkle to it. I suppose they were trying to make it look like a pebble or something similar. I went ahead and tossed it into the bag and kept walking.

{{It's okies~ :3}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 06/08/2012 5:25 PM

She had almost lost herself in thoughts of stunts when he spoke again. Another egg! She glanced up at him, lingering a moment on the confused look on his face, the turned to see where he meant. There were clumps of seaweed all along the shoreline, but one seemed a little more mounded than the rest. That must be what he meant by "over there." It certainly wasn't in the direction he had gone, because he had already found that egg.

She trotted to the shore, intent on seeing if there was an egg hiding in the debris. She nosed through the sticky stuff, wondering why anyone would want to wrap some yummy fish in something like it anyway, and uncovered a mottled green egg. It wasn't very pretty by the standards of most, but it blended into the seaweed quite well. When she picked it up, it still tasted like salt and mud, and she scowled while she carried it.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 06/08/2012 8:59 PM

I smiled in approval at her when she came trotting back over with the egg. "Thanks," I said as I took it from her mouth and threw it into the bag. The inside of the bag probably wouldn't be much cleaner than my hands were now, I noticed. With a small sigh, I wiped the small amount of mud off onto my shorts before taking a peek into the bag. "We're doing pretty good. Do you see any?" We probably had somewhere around ten eggs by now. That was a heck of a lot better than some people were doing, I was sure.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous