In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

[* Another One, Aren't You? [P]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/11/2012 10:09 PM

Yet another day where she would need to tell an unfortunate man that she had absolutely no interest in him.

She adjusted her glasses as she looked around the small terrace, expecting her "date" at any minute. "Date" was a long stretch, but there was no other word to describe what this meeting was trying to do: match her up with another royal in order to get married and so she could continue the royal line. A project in which she, as the princess, had absolutely no interest.

Raised a strong, independent woman, she was far from being the type to settle down to raise children. Despite that and despite her constant protests, her mother the queen always insisted that she meet this man and that man, all from snobbish, uninteresting royal families. She could go on for hours about all that, but she had to restrain herself — or else she would get upset way before the man got here.

She sighed as she picked up the glass of water. She'd ordered one just so the waiter wouldn't harass her to order something or to leave if she weren't going to drink or eat anything. She'd also specified to leave her alone and to only start taking her order once her guest would get here. At least, she would have some peace and quiet before the man got here. The beach nearby was beautiful, and the waves were a soothing melody playing in the background. It was a quiet day, so certain sounds were more obvious than usual.

And hopefully this man wouldn't keep her waiting.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [* Another One, Aren't You? [P]

Postby Redd » 07/17/2012 12:46 AM

(Koni brought friends, though they won't be sticking around for too long :U)

ImageImage Image

"This is.. the place?" Koniglitch questioned as he stepped out of his car, and turned his head to inspect his destination.

"Well, apparently. I followed Lazrane's instruction to the key." Bradley replied folding her arms across her chest.

"It looks right." Lyle stated bluntly. "Lets just hope that you didn't muck this up."

"Ladies."

Koniglitch really had no idea why he had been scheduled to come out this far. Bradley and Lyle, his two private bodyguards weren't told anything, and his advisor, Lazrane - the one who had told him to come out this way - had only told him to 'improve diplomatic relations' with a woman called Mikayla. And again, he was told nothing about the woman herself. He didn't even know what royal family she came from.
Still, there was nothing about the thing that meant he should be indecent and apparently, it would be worth his efforts.

He sighed wearily and shook his head. He really needed to beat some sense into that stupid advisor of his, though it wouldn't help. Lazrane acted like he answered to an even higher power than himself, which was a predicament he had no idea how to solve.
Nonetheless, he pushed that thought aside to deal with later.

"Lyle, Bradley. You will accompany me to my destination and then take a suitable position away from us." He stated, taking a deep breath and drawing himself up.

"Don't want us overhearing your date, huh?" Bradley barked, amused.

"Bradley, do not torment our master."

"Hah. You're just jealous Lyle."

"Again, you two. Stop bickering. It's not a date." Koniglitch replied wearily.

Koniglitch stepped inside the room, quickly glanced around and enquired a passing waiter as to her whereabouts. The waiter paused from his duty and picked out a woman, before returning to work. Koniglitch motioned towards his two guards and headed towards her. He stopped at the table and smiled politely, hoping to the gods that he wasn't late.

"I apologise for my tardiness. You are Mikayla, yes?" He asked. "My name is Koniglitch. I was supposed to be meeting you here today."

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

[2]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/17/2012 8:30 PM

Indeed, the lady pointed out by the waiter was the royal woman under the name of Mikayla.

When Koniglitch came over, she'd been busy just staring to the side idly, probably daydreaming about all the names she could call him or all the things she could tell him that would make this meeting absolutely unbearable.

For him, anyway.

When she heard her name, Mikayla turned slightly and glanced in the direction of the royal man, looking seemingly unimpressed. The game was starting now; time to display cues and say things that would show this man just how uninterested she was in this little dating game. Because that's what he was here for, wasn't he? In the hopes that the two would simply "click" with each other and would "fall in love at first sight".

While Mikayla did bother to look up at him briefly, she quickly turned her attention to her pocket watch — just to make him feel like he'd made her wait for a long time. But, she had to give him some credit, because he wasn't actually late — quite a few minutes ahead of time, actually. Humph, good for him.

Once she was done with that, she put the pocket watch away and bothered to look back up at him, although her expression was so flat and uninterested that she looked like she wasn't paying attention to him. "I am Mikayla, yes," she answered flatly, her voice not unwelcoming, but very neutral. "Hm... So you are the man," she added as she scanned him from head to toes, piercing brown eyes not letting him go for even just a second. "Sit down, I suppose, if you have nothing better to do," she invited, even if her words made he invitation all the more unwelcoming.

Sometimes, she did feel bad about complaining and being an annoying spoiled brat with every single man she met; but the thought of what could happen if she did let down her defenses was enough to bury her guilt and doubt deep into a corner of her mind.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate