In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Re: There Must Be Something In The Water [Private] [L]

Postby Mousen » 09/14/2017 5:08 PM

Garrett laughed. "We try to get on, Frederick will try anything to get out of work, though." Frederick was the apprentice, although he wasn't always a very dedicated member of the crew. From the headland the path curved round, and it was clear that Garrett was leading her towards a small bay.

As Detra began to talk about all the things she'd seen, Garret turned round to face her. "What? Seriously?" he asked her, eyes wide. "I mean, there's some strange things out at sea an' all, but aliens and vampires and demons?" It wasn't as if he was particularly normal either, the burns up his arms were testament enough to that. "I do believe you,  its just a lot to take in. I've never really met anyone like me, or anything like that 'till I met Anne's lot."

As they got closer to the bay, Garret took a path that lead closer to the edge of the cliffs and was partially covered by sparse grasses. "Watch yourself." Detria probably didn't need the warning, but the felt obliged to give it all the same. The ground was very uneven as it lead down to the beach. Garrett found himself having to test the footholds as he went. "You're a magic user?" Garrett's voice was almost shrill as he lost his footing. "Shit, sorry. You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

He was a little sheepish when she next spoke. "Yeah, I am. And um, as for me, well, once I left home I did a bit of sailing, pirates, merchants, whatever anyone wanted. The Captain wanted more muscle on her crew and she happened to run into me while I was in the middle of another bar fight and, well. I was a bit less practised than I am now with this whole thing," he made a vague gesture with his hands. "and I accidentally burned the bar down. She figured I'd be useful and took me on."

The path was particularly steep, at one section Garret paused to offer Detria a hand. He imagined he wouldn't take it, but he felt it was polite. "So, why piracy, then?"

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Previous