In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Re: "I'm just here for the sun and to annoy the locals." [P;

Postby Mousen » 10/04/2014 4:07 AM

If Mort had eyes, he would have been rolling them. "Really, Belias? You've nearly died for the girl more times than I can count on one hand and you still think you're not good enough for her." He made a brief mental note to tell Belias about Zari's teenage years at the circus.

"I understand. Be careful, though. The circus can be... odd sometimes, if not frightening. I don't want to hear that you've broken any of my performers because they worried you." He was very close to being part of the family, and Mort expected him to act like it.

As Belias stood up to walk away, Mort nearly said something. Personally, he'd wouldn't have dared interrupt Zari's conversation with her old teacher, but each to their own.

"So, you've brought him back to the circus after all this time. I thought we were just going to be hearing about him for the next few years." There was a familial tone to the voice. Drucilla was a tall woman, standing a good few inches above Zari and with a much more willowy frame. Where Zari was stocky and broad-shouldered, Drucilla was delicate and petite. Her ashy brown hair was clipped into a very short pixie cut. There was something very regal about her, with her high brows, strong cheekbones and large roman nose.

Zari looked down, a very faint blush coloring her cheeks."I'm not worried about it, if that's what you mean."

"Even after what happened last time?"

Zari frowned. "That was a very long time ago in a completely different part of Evelon. I'm not worried at all."

Drucilla remained unimpressed. "You're about to go and ask Norma about it, aren't you?" Norma was the circus' resident fortune teller.

"... Yeah."

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 10/04/2014 7:25 AM

Belias had a familiar jitter in his heart, and also an impending sense of doom. He wasn't too sure if that was because of the last time he proposed to someone, and what came after, or if it was because he was about to do something very stupid. It was a touch of both, he supposed. He rose one meaty hand and knocked as politely as he could on the door of the caravan that he had seen Zari enter. Even if he was wrong, they could point him in the right direction.

...Right?

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/04/2014 4:09 PM

Drucilla moved to open the door, but Zari shook her head. She knew who it was just from the way he knocked on the door. God, she'd spent so much time waiting to hear it whenever Belias left to do his mercenary work. Instead she grinned, and Drucilla raised her eyebrows. "Really?" the gesture seemed to say.

Zari's own expression betrayed the answer. She stepped towards the door and opened it.

"What do you want, you scoundrel?" she asked with a small wink.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 10/04/2014 4:22 PM

A hundred thousand possible scenarios had run through his head in the small gap of time that it had taken for Zari to open the door. He felt a bead of sweat roll down his spine and he nearly dropped to his knees, but instead he stood firm, well, as firm as one could stand on knees that felt like they were made of oatmeal. "Zari, I love you. I love you a whole lot, and I know I've hurt you, but I wanna make it all up throughout the rest of my life." He unceremonously thrust his fist forward, turning it palm-up and showing her the simple necklace clasped there in his tembling hard, and he looked bashfully to the floor, shuffling his feet as his cheeks and ears began to clow brightly as his blood rushed to them in a blush.

"I love you, Zari. And I'm not doing this because I feel like I owe you something. I really, really want to be with you forever." He looked up at her, his bright eyes, full of tears, a blush still full in effect and he gave a weak smile. He didn't know what he would do if she said 'no'.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/04/2014 4:52 PM

Drucilla, who had been stood directly behind Zari when she'd opened the door started to laugh, as Zari's expression turned to one of amazement.

She'd known it was going to happen, dammit, and she was still surprised. That was what made it even funnier.

Zari didn't seem to be able to get the words out, she stood, gaping at Belias as he looked at her. "I- Bel--"

Drucilla rolled her eyes and gave Zari a gentle push, so she collided with Belias, wrapping her arms around him and burying his face into her neck.

That seemed to be all she needed. "I love you, Belias. I'll marry you, if that's what you want. I know that's what I want." She stepped back a little, and kissed him, taking the necklace with one hand as she did so.

There were tears in the corner of her eyes as she inspected the necklace. "It's perfect."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/04/2014 5:02 PM

His grin was instantaneous and couldn't nearly show all of the joy in his now physically buzzing body. "I wanna fly Zari, I really, really wanna fly. I wanna show you the clouds and the stars and everything and please, Zari, I'll never ask again but please, please let me show you the sky." His words came outi n a torrent, he bounced on the balls of his feet, his wings already spreading from his shoulders and he kissed her, hard and passionate and fast, panting already from the excitement in his heart, from his barely contained emotions, he looked up at Drucilla and could only give her a huge grin with a cry of "I'm getting married!" He threw a fist into the air with a roar of victory, his eyes screwed shut and he nearly began to dance.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/04/2014 5:45 PM

There came a shout from behind Zari. "Are you kids finished getting engaged on my porch?"

"Nearly," Zari called, laughing. She turned back to Belias. "Flying? Again? Belias I am not sure you realize the fact that I am a ground-dwelling mammal. A ground dwelling mammal twice over, no less. Oh dear god why do I let you convince me into these things. I know it's a bad idea." It had been a long time since she'd last flown with Belias, the last time being when he'd taken her back to the circus right after they'd first met.

Gosh, it seemed so long ago now.

At Belias's cry, Drucilla simply shook her head. "Congratulations!"

"Right, lets get this over with." She was still smiling, the necklace clutched tightly in her hand

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/04/2014 5:48 PM

Belias grinned and took the necklace from her hand, slipping it over her head. "Don't want to loose it." He teased, gripping her hand firmly, he pulled her along behind him, his laugh loud and joyous as he ran to the rough center of the camp, coming to a dead stop as he shifted his forms. When he was done, the Battleheart lay on the ground, positioning himself so Zari could easily climb up and seat herself on his shoulders, a happy grumble echoing from deep in his chest, his tail thumping the ground carefully. He looked suspiciously like an overexcited puppy.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/04/2014 6:01 PM

She'd forgotten how large Belias was in his battleheart form, it had been a while since he'd changed forms in front of her. Zari rolled her eyes at how overenthusiastic he was. She clambered up onto his shoulders, her hands holding onto the horns that curled from underneath his chin. "Belias, you know you're being way too enthusiastic about this, right? And that flight is terrifying and unnatural, particularly if you're actually a cavillion, right?" she was babbling again, scared.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/04/2014 6:30 PM

Belias simply grumbled happily, waiting until she had found a semi-comfortable seat before lumbering into a stand, walking in tight circles to get used to the feeling of having a rider once again and letting Zari get used to the feeling of riding him. Eventually, he swung his head towards a clear strip of earth and he lumbered into a run, his long, powerful legs pumping hard as he spread his wings, flapping them hard and he began to take flight, giving a low roar as he felt his legs continue to instinctually kick in the air. Eventually, they settled into their flying position as he brought himself and his rider to higher altitudes, leveling out eventually in the clear sky, feeling the updrafts and hard winds, he moved with them as needed, his wings beating periodically as he shifted his head towards the sunset, wanting her to see its wonder from way up high.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/05/2014 5:33 AM

Zari let out a short scream as they took flight. "Belias! If I don't die up here I am going to flipping murder you, I swear!" She closed her eyes and gripped on until her knuckles turned white. Though, when Belias stopped climbing higher, and she didn't feel in danger of a sudden gust of wind pushing her from her perch she opened her eyes.

"Zu'hai," she breathed. The view was absolutely spectacular.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/05/2014 5:39 AM

Belias coulsn't help the grin that pulled at his lips. "This is what I've always wanted you to see. Now look at this." He turned his body slightly and climbed slightly higher. There was an incoming cloudbank, nothing threataning, just a small collection of moisture, coming from the east. He flew towards it at a steady speed, before rising higher, eventually coming above the clouds and he flew over the soft white of them, his feet running through the moisture droplets. "And wait until you see the stars." Belias laughed, tilting himself slightly so he dropped into the clouds, but elevated out of it enough so it seemed like Zari was riding them, his low, grumbling laugh echoing from deep in his throat.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/05/2014 12:51 PM

Though stuck by the beauty of the sunset, Zari's thoughts quickly came back down to earth when Belias started to fly higher. "Oh my gosh, Belias are you trying to kill me?"

Then, they flew over the clouds. She was mesmerized by how they looked up close, if she'd been a little bit braver she'd have reached out with one hand and watched the water condense on her palm. But for today, she was quite content to hold on tight and do her best not to fall off.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 10/05/2014 1:10 PM

Belias began to hover just above the clouds, craning his head upwards to see the slowly revealing stars, another smile pulled at his scaled lips. "This is my world, Zari. This is where I would go when I was away from you. This is the place I find the most comfort." His wings beat lazily, his body shifting with the air currents as he tried to keep his speed low in order to keep Zari secure and out of the windchill, though at this altitude, it was fairly useless. "This is the place I would go when I missed you the most." He shifted his head, barely able to see her from the corner of his eye. "Do you want to go back down?" He asked softly, his wings dipping in a natural response to a current of air.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/05/2014 4:36 PM

"It's beautiful," she admitted, glancing around her. She never thought she'd see this. Like everyone she'd occasionally dreamed of flight, of running through the clouds. It had never been her favorite daydream, generally being someone who disliked heights. Nonetheless she had thought about it, but she'd never imagined that it would be quite so spectacular.

Or quite so cold. "It's amazing up here, but that might be for the best. I really don't want my hands to get numb." As beautiful as it was, the idea of falling from this height was enough to wish for the ground beneath her feet.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext