In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Re: "I'm just here for the sun and to annoy the locals." [P;

Postby Mousen » 09/02/2018 7:23 PM

"It doesn't matter," she said. "It never would have done. You remember how he first met, after all, don't you? That day in the Temple? Strays, difficult stories, bad histories, it's never stopped me from loving anybody." Zari knew he'd just been trying to protect Betty. It wasn't like she was holding it against him, her tone was gentle, imploring.

"I know we can, I know. You're so good with her already, I just-" she froze for a moment, her brows creasing in worry. "What if I'm not good enough, Belias? I mean, I'll do everything I can. I just... I used to look after my sisters when I was younger, but nothing since. I don't know if I'll be a good parent. What if I'm not like you?"

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 09/02/2018 7:29 PM

Belias gave a soft smile, taking Zari's hand softly in his own, pressing his scarred lips to her palm, letting his voice whisper against her skin.

"All we can do is try, my love."

He knew, just from how Zari had acted with her today, that she would be a fantastic mother. Betty already adored her. He decided to not share that information, deciding it may be better if Zari figured it out on her own.

"Do you think its about time to go find our daughter and tell her the good news?" He grinned, wide and hearty. The sound was so good on his tongue, felt so right to say. Their daughter.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/02/2018 8:32 PM

Zari nodded. He was right. "So long as you're with me, you old dinosaur, you."

She smiled, weaving her fingers through his. It was rare for her to be this open with her affection, this honest. "We're not being too sudden with her? She's only just met me, Belias. I know she's just a child, but she's had so much taken her away already, this needs to be something that she wants."

She smoothed down her clothes, still wrinkled from where she'd slept in them. "It's not like me to be so worried, I know. I just don't want to get this wrong."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 09/02/2018 8:52 PM

Belias smiled slightly, squeezing her fingers in an attempt at being comforting. "We could ask her if this is what she wants. Though I feel like the answer will be yes." He chuckled softly, pulling away slightly and scanning the camp.

"Now, we need to figure out where she ran off to."

Betty stood outside Mort's caravan. She saw him before, and he looked interesting, like he might now a lot of stories. And Zari had promised that she would be safe. And she was bored just staying in her unca Belias' bed, waiting for him to get back.

So, she rose her tiny hand and knocked firmly on the wood, puffing out her small chest, like she had seen Belias do, to make herself seem like a big, brave warrior.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/03/2018 1:16 PM

Zari nodded. "I think so too," she said softly. She glanced around the camp for Betty, not spotting her immediately. "She won't have gone far."

Mort still had his own caravan after all these years. There'd been some suggestion of him and Drucilla moving into Silas' and then... Afterwards, it seemed almost wrong for him and Drucilla to do what they'd always talked about without him. They found it difficult to be around each other sometimes too, their grief was the sort that needed space.

His caravan was decked in old posters, inside and out. One peeling poster reading "Mort the Magician!" Had him making lights appear from the air, his stage-make up and costume making him look almost devilish. Things had changed since then and Mort didn't really need the make-up to look devilish, no, being effectively undead was all he needed.

At the knock at the door, he stood up and dusted himself down, adjusting his cravat in the broken mirror nailed to his wall.

When he opened the door he was surprised to find no one there, until he paused to look down.

"Hello, little one." He said, bending down and trying not to look too frightening. "Are you lost?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/03/2018 7:38 PM

Betty inhaled when Mort came to the door, her small form trembling with a barely controlled fear. All bravery had sapped out of her. "I-I'm sorry. I'm Betty, with Belias and Zari, Zari said that you know good stories and- and I was bored..." A tremble came to her lips, fear echoing through her.

It wasn't fear of Mort, it wasn't fear of what he might do, or what he looked like. It was just a strange, nebulous fear that clouded around her like a swarm of flies to carrion.

"I'm sorry, I'll leave." She breathed, already starting to take steps away from his door.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/03/2018 8:00 PM

Morte's expression softened even further as she spoke. "No, no! You've come to exactly the right place. Fear not." He moved out of the doorway, sitting a couple of steps down. "I'm sorry I look rather frightening, its not really something I can help, I'm afraid. You see, once upon a time was a very clever magician," he paused to see whether or not he'd caught her attention. "And he was the best illusionist in the land! He could do all kinds of tricks, he learned from the queen of the faeries herself.

The queen of the faeries was a cruel women, and after making him think that she cared for him, stole his son away. The magician being very clever, enchanted a piece of wood to look like the baby boy and swapped it. The queen didn't notice until the spell wore off, so good was the magician's spell. But after that the queen was furious and would stop at nothing to get revenge.

The magician looked after his son and continued to work at the circus. He had friends that said they would help protect him, and he felt safe from the queen's wrath. But the queen wasn't done, she decided that she must get rid of the magician, as he had managed to make her out to be a fool, by using one of the tricks she'd taught him, no less! So she plotted, and turned up to the circus in the guise of a young girl. She was picked out of the audience as a volunteer by one of the ring master and lead out into the ring! The magician had a trick, called The Bow and Arrow, which he was due to perform that very night. An audience member would be called to shoot him with an arrow and he would miraculously catch it. But that night, with the queen aiming straight for his heart, he could not! And it seemed like it would be the end of the magician forever.

But the ring master, who loved the magician very much, could not stand to let him die in this way. He felt like it had been his fault, and like the magician, he was very clever indeed. So, he performed his own spell upon the dying man, and brought him back to life. The only thing is that is is very difficult to bring a person back from the brink of death, and some parts of his dear friend were changed forever. He became paler, like a ghost, and his eyes became dark shadows. The ring master did not mind, though, and loved him anyway, and the magician felt the same.

The faery queen, now foiled, fled back into the forest and was never heard of or seen again."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/03/2018 9:00 PM

Betty listened to the story with intensity, her small eyes wide. She gasped at vertain moments, covering her mouth with her hands. As the story ended, Betty licked her lips, her eyes wide with wonder. "Can you tell me more stories, please?"

Her voice was breathy, her feet already moving to a seat, carefully sitting down with her head tilted in wonderment.

Belias pointed to her in the distance, smiling to Zari. "Should we let Mort look after her for a while? He looks like he has a new fan." He chuckled, deep in his chest. "I'm glad theyre getting along." He hummed.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/10/2018 4:53 PM

Morte smiled, pleased that his young visitor appreciated his tales. "Indeed I can, young one! There's a particular story I think you'll like very much. It involves a young cavillion, born in the furthest reaches of the Wilt'no Desert. She was full of spirit, even at a young age, and always wanted to have adventures. She wasn't scared of anything. But, she was the second child of five and her mother was very strict. Her father had vanished several years before and her mother struggled to look after everyone on her own. When the cavillion was only 12, her youngest sister vanished too. The cavillion, a dreamsnare with lovely glowing markings, struck out on her own the year after. She wandered until she found a circus passing by, who agreed to take her in if that was really what she wanted. She found she had a gift for dancing and was taught by a woman called Drucilla. Soon, she was able to perform with the others. She would dance, switching between forms and leave glowing patterns in the air, she would soar above the audience on the trapeze! It seemed she'd found her calling.

But even that became a little dull, after a time. So, she went wandering. Sometimes with a young man, who over the years she'd spent at the circus, had become her brother, sometimes alone. One time, while alone, she wandered into Basantha Shrine and found a terrible sight. A battleheart, emaciated, shivering, curled around a candle. He was mourning a loved one passed, refusing to let her go. Unable to stand such a sad sight, she did everything she could to try to help him, and in the end, he agreed to go with her. With such a powerful ally, the cavillion thought she may go back to the desert and look for her youngest sister. Fate had other plans, though, and the cavillion was suddenly attacked! A rogue garudor  tried to end her life, but the battleheart stepped in and fought bravely. He was badly injured, and not knowing where else to take him, she took him back to the circus. She took care of his wounds, and the battleheart realised that he could grow to love someone this fierce and this caring, and the cavillion realised that she, too, could grow to love someone as brave as the battleheart."

Zari smirked a little as Morte began telling a story she recognised very, very well. "C'mon, I think we should leave them to-" she paused. "Is that my phone ringing?" It was very faint, but the repetitive sound of a ring tone could be heard. "Give me a minute, I must have left it at the caravan."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/22/2018 12:24 PM

Betty listened with rapt attention, her small eyes wide and her slinged arm held close to her chest. She was about to ask what happened to them, if they lived happily ever after before Belias scooped her up, making her screech in a laugh.

"And, that brave battleheart heard a young princess' cries for help, from where she was in her mighty tower. And, being such a brave and noble beast, he couldn't help but respond!" He placed her on his shoulder, one strong hand holding her steady, her small fingers looking for purchase against Belias' scalp.

"And so, with all the bravado and bravery he could muster, he stormed the tower!" He swung his arm, as if he was slaying something with a mighty blade. "And, when he and the princess saw eachother, the princess knew that she had found a father in him, and the brave battleheart knew he had found a daughter in the little pup." He grinned up at his daughter, perched on his shoulder as understanding swept over her.

"The story was about Beli and Zari!" She yelled, laughing in delight as Belias lowered her down from his shoulder so she could bound towards Morte, her grin broad and wide, her eyes shining. "Do you have any more stories of Beli and Zari? Unca Beli never told me any." She huffed, a pout coming to her lips as Belias chuckled behind her.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/27/2018 8:30 PM

Morte smiled as Belias took over from his story, and then he looked between Belias and where he'd last seen Zari, heading back to the caravan. Finally, he looked at Betty and his expression turned to one of genuine delight. "Belias, are you telling me this wonderful little girl is my granddaughter? Oh my goodness."

He didn't, well, couldn't cry anymore but he pulled a string of handkerchiefs from his pocket to dab at his eyes all the same. "I should have known you'd spring this on me out of the blue one day. Not even an opportunity to buy presents. Oh, what a cruel son in law you are. And Drucilla, that practically makes her a grandmother you know! Not, that I suppose she'd like to compete with Zari's mother for the position, saints that woman..." He drew a hand through his greying ginger hair.

"Still. There's much better things to think about!" He turned to Betty again, bending down so he didn't tower over her. "My dear sweetpea, I'm sure I have a thousand and one stories I can muster up, especially about Zari. I saw her grow up. But first! I'd like to hear a story from you. Tell me what it is that you like, other than stories and I might just be able to make it appear. I am a magician, after all."

Meanwhile, Zari hurried to pick up her phone, and found Atlas on the other end. "Thank Zu'hai," she said, the relief in her voice audible. "It's been months. Atlas, I've been wondering whether to tell Morte about you for weeks now. I was so worried. What on earth happened?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/28/2018 2:48 PM

At the mention of her being Mort's granddaughter Betty's brow pulled into a puzzled frown and Belias laughed softly. "Did you really have to ruin the surprise Mort? Me and Zari were going to tell her together."

Betty looked on in confusion before she turned her attention back to Mort's question, and she took a moment, blinking. It was still strange to be asked what she wanted and liked, despite it being a number of years since she had been rescued from the cage.

She felt the sure hands of Belias on her shoulders, felt him kneel behind her and felt him nose the back of her head with affection, as he always used to do when he was reading to her, just before bed. She smiled at the memory of the big blanket and the old armchair and hot chocolates for them both as Belias did all the voices.

Belias smiled as he watched her shoulders relax from their unconciously taught position, he saw her tense up at the question, knew that it would be like pulling teeth if he didn't help. He didn't want Betty to be worried around Mort. "Go ahead love." He murmured into her hair, moving a hand to gently brush some hair from her face, making Betty giggle.

Betty hummed for a moment, moving the hand that wasn't still hanging in a sling so she could rub at her chin playfully before she grinned. "I like big, fluffy blankets and hot chocolate." She grinned as she heard Belias snort. She then dropped her voice to a stage whisper. "I also really like Unca Beli's toffee but don't tell him."

Belias roared with a laugh, moving his hands to prod at Betty's sides playfully, making her laugh. "Oh, it was you who ate them, was it you little fiend?"

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/27/2018 12:58 PM

Morte's expression turned sheepish, which was rather difficult for someone so distinctly undead. It did serve to make him look slightly less sinister, however. "No one told me it was a surprise!" He looked across at Betty who seemed to have moved onto other things, and figured that he couldn't have done too much harm. Although the poor mite did look a little stressed when he'd asked her his question. Mort knew she was a little shy. Thankfully Belias was there to encourage her, and upon Betty saying she liked fluffy blankets, Morte's face broke into a wide grin.

"Well! Let's see what we can do about that." He rummaged through his coat pocket, the one where he'd pulled the handkerchiefs from just a moment ago, and found them, pulling them out in a long colourful string. They seemed to get caught somewhere, though, and he had to tug at them, once, and then again. He gave it one last go, and a very soft blanket was pulled from the top pocket of his coat. He undid the knot that kept it with the handkerchiefs, and offered it out to her. "I did say I was a magician, didn't I sweetpea?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 12/27/2018 9:23 PM

Betty made a sound of delight, gently taking the blanket in her hands and then wrapping her arms around it with a hum of delight. Belias chuckled and gently took it from her arms, wrapping it softly around his ward, his daughter, pulling her close and seating himself carefully on the grass, Betty tucked carefully into his arms.

"Can you tell me more, please?" Betty piped up, a grin wide on her cheeks and Belias chuckled, ruffling her hair slightly.

"Do you mind keeping us entertained until Zari gets back, Mort? I don't know any stories as good as yours, after all."

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 01/04/2019 7:48 PM

"Of course! I am the best after all," he gave Belias a quick grin. He was fond of him, no matter how much he joked otherwise. He was grateful Zari had found someone who cared so much for her, and who had brought her so much joy. He was glad for Belias too, he seemed to deserve the happiness he'd found. Mort appreciated an honest man. "Let me tell you the very first story of the circus. It began when a young man went wandering far away from his home. This is how most stories begin, after all. He came from a strange family, very old, with much magic running through their blood. They still had ceremonies performed by Druids in white robes, still spoke the old tongues. This young man went looking for a place he could make his own, where he would feel at peace from the death and intrigue that plagued his family. He went into the Roraldi forests, where he met a young woman who could change into a lunafly. Her skin faintly glowed, her eyes were icy blue. She danced for a living, but her talents weren't appreciated. The man begged her to come with him, and she said yes, for she'd fallen in love with the man.

They met a travelling juggler and illusionist, who was going through the land trying to earn money and learn his craft. They asked him to join them, and he said yes, for he'd fallen in love with both of them. Wondering what to do with themselves, the illusionist had an idea. "Let's start a circus," he said.

And so they did. Silas, that's the young man, was a talented magician, had plenty of money from his family and so be began the circus and set himself up as ringmaster, and wanting a home far away from any trouble, they put themselves in Whisper forest. He had no fear of the creatures that lived in the trees, but had every confidence that the danger would dissuade others who might wish them harm. Performers began to join them, or they sought them out. Fire eaters, fortune tellers, dancers and clowns, anyone who had an interest in entertaining and nowhere else to go. The Circus took them in and gave them a home."

Zari appeared as Morte finished telling his story. She smiled at him, and he winked, but when she caught Belias eye her expression was serious. "Talk. Now," she mouthed at him.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext