In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

.:Set Sail for Black Lagoon:. [P-Zap & I]

Postby Middy » 12/01/2014 7:47 PM

The sea had been so calm ever since they set sail two weeks ago. Usually he expected some severe storms or a kraken here and there, but so far everything was eerily quiet and calm. It was a nice break from having to fight his way to whatever treasure he was after at the time, but at the same time he missed the danger that came with sailing these mysterious oceans.

Corin kept his focus on steering his vessel, hearing his rowdy crew laughing and pushing each other around in a drunken stupor. Usually, he would be right beside them doing the same, but he was too focused on finding a place called the Black Lagoon.

The captain had heard of rumors of a great treasure there, what it was exactly he wasn't sure, but as a pirate any treasure was worth looking for. "Alright men! Shape up and focus, we are getting closer to our destination now. Be ready for anything!"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: .:Set Sail for Black Lagoon:. [P-Zap & I]

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/01/2014 10:19 PM

Little did the pirates know, they were most certainly being watched. Calypso had been gazing at the surface of the water from far below, her very body melded into the ocean, feeling its every ripple and change in temperature and sound. So when the large, dark body of a ship drifted into her line of sight, Calypso had tensed in surprise, and yet, no surprise at all. Ah, humans.
Calypso hated them.

With the tense of her body, the ocean grew almost eerily still, and Calypso thought quickly as she watched the ship crawl across her vision. Oh, what to do with them. She supposed they weren't doing anything wrong, just yet, but over the centuries she had learned to figure that a human's intentions were inherently focused entirely on self interest and, more often, evil. So she'd give them a warm welcome, she decided with a low, bolstering wind that almost sounded like a low chuckle, eventually picking up speed and rushing over the waters, bringing with it a roil of grey clouds in the sky. Yes, she'd give them a very warm welcome.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Middy » 12/01/2014 11:07 PM

Corin had to scold his men once more for causing even more ruckus on the ship, threatening to toss one another off the vessel and some pouring booze on one another. "Alright men! We need to start focusing up NOW, if ye don't I will have you all thrown aboard!" Corin commanded, watching his men halt all their actions and stand still at attention.

While he was yelling at his crew, Corin noticed the weather start to suddenly change. So much for peaceful sailing, now it looked like one heck of a storm was about to roll in. No matter, he had sailed in heavy storms before-- even fought a kraken during one. Still, the weather changing so quickly did make him ponder, was something else causing this? A sea witch or siren? He scouted the vast, empty waters before him, trying to see if he could spot any strange shows lurking just below the surface. Nothing so far, and from what rocks were poking out of the ocean didn't give anything away either.

"The storm is picking up boys, and I don't think it's nature causing this one. Be on yer guard for anything now," the pirate kept scouting the waters, a double check for anything suspicious. If there really was a sea witch or the like, then maybe he could try fishing her out of the waters.

Change o plans men, we are lowering the fishing nets for a meal!"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/04/2014 12:11 PM

Calypso had to grin inwardly to herself at the men above's increasingly focused voices. So this one knew about what she could do? Mm, well... That was a bit different, she supposed. She'd have to up her game a bit, to throw this apparent weathered sea captain for a loop. It truly was a shame; it was the neophyte sailor's ships that she truly enjoyed wrecking. It was such a taboo thing to wreck an antique.

The grey clouds darkened as more and more built on top of each other until the sky was almost black with cloudcover, and the wind gusted loudly, making the ship's walls creak and groan as it pressed on it from all sides. Calypso smiled to herself; no reason to stall. With a rush of energy she brought a deluge of rain down, and she grew calm as she let it rage and whip in the wind, listening for the humans' voices. Oh... what was that about a net? She frowned. A meal, in this weather? Humans truly were strange... She inwardly did wish she could see them better.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Middy » 12/05/2014 11:50 PM

He knew there was something down there causing grief for him AND his ship. "Throw the net down boys, and make sure you cast big and wide enough to catch lots of 'fish'!" he barked, earning an 'aye aye captain' for a response. Corin grinned, reaching a gloves hand into his long black leather coat for his flask of rum.

The pirate walked towards the side of the ship, unscrewing his flask and throwing it back in two big gulps. The burn of the alcohol combined with the subtle sweet taste made him shiver. That was JUST what he needed when we was about to capture a treacherous sea hag. No one was going to take him, OR his ship!

Corin looked overboard, flashing a grin at whatever might be in the waters below. "I know you are in there sea witch! You just try an bring me down!"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/14/2014 9:08 PM

Calypso's eyes flashed as the net came down, and she quickly swam deeper, scowling. She hated nets. Truthfully she did. But as she swam deeper, the storm began to lessen somewhat, and she gasped. No, she wasn't going to just let them chase her down like that. Quickly turning course, she darted through the water towards the back of the ship where the sound of the men was less congregated, and she hovered just under the surface of the water, her form barely visible by the darker waves as the storm increased in intensity, an enormous wave gushing against the side of the ship as she laughed to herself.

[Short post whoops, I'm not good at stretching out actiony scenes pfft]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/14/2014 9:45 PM

Interestingly enough, as soon as the net was completely submerged the storm died down. That solidified it, he was indeed dealing with a sea nymph of sorts. The next thing he had to do was successfully catch her. Corin was smart enough to know that she would be moving to cause another strong torrent of water to bash his ship.

The pirate moved to the other side, another net at the ready. As soon as he saw a vague shadow of his prey, he would cast it out in hopes to catch her. As expected, a strong waved knocked his ship, creating shock-waves across the ocean's surface. "Damn, she is gettin a bit feisty now!" he exclaimed, becoming excited to cast his net out for a prize winning catch.

The pirate whipped his net around, before casting it on top of the shadow below the water's surface. If he felt any weight pushing against the net, then it would be his que to reel it up.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/17/2014 4:15 PM

Calypso drew in a sharp breath of surprise as the net descended over her, and for a moment the wind sputtered in confusion as her control on it slipped away, replaced by her concentration to get away. However, her ankle was caught in the folds of the net, and she hissed ferally, her eyes flashing glassy as instinct took over. She kicked sharply against the net, trying to slash at it with her fingernails, but found it tugging her upwards, and a panic settled over her that made the ocean grow eerily still. Oh gods, she had to get away, she couldn't let herself be captured by a human... Maybe she could kill him once he let her out of the net. That's what humans did, didn't they? They used nets to catch things, and then let them out. Yes, that was what usually happened...

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/03/2015 4:31 PM

"Pull er up men! I think we caught ourselves a fish!" Corin exclaimed, his men getting to work on cranking the wheels to bring up the large fishing net. The anticipation of the catch was killing him, and seeing as how the sea went eerily still, then that meant he had caught his sea witch.

The net raised, and with it, his prize. Corin's eyes locked on her, in awe of such beauty of the creature before him. Odd to think that moments before she was causing so much hell for him and his crew, but looks were always deceiving. "My word, what a treasure we have... such captivating beauty," he cooed, looking her up and down. He couldn't let her get away, he needed to keep her as his own little treasure.

"Okay men, hoist the net up here, and let's release her. Now be careful, I'm sure she ain't so innocent, she could be dangerous," he readied himself too, if he needed to he could resort to trapping her again, since it would be a sin to mar her gorgeous body.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/05/2015 9:36 PM

Calypso had drawn in a sharp breath of harsh, painful air as her face broke the surface of the water, and she writhed in the net before going limp for a few seconds as her body adjusted to breathing air. Once she heard the voice of her assailant, her sharp eyes flashed to his face and she let out a feral hiss, water dripping off of her body as she thrashed outwards, trying to break out of it. "Cur!" she spat at his compliments, baring pointed teeth at him. "I'll call up the leviathans of the deep if you won't release me!"

It was a hollow threat, of course. Calypso was virtually powerless as long as she was not in the ocean. On land, or metaphorical land at least, she was helpless as far as using her powers went, though she could likely still break some bones and slash some eyes if any of the men got too close. And suddenly they were converging on her, and pulling at the nets to let her free. She uttered a low hiss as one untied the net from her ankle, and she lunged at him slightly in warning, her eyes steely. Again she turned her gaze towards the captain, the instigator of all of this. If her legs weren't so useless folded beneath her, adapting rather slowly to the idea of holding up her body on land, she would run for him and sink her teeth into whatever she could find. But for the time being, it was all she could do to hold his gaze with defiance.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate