In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Sea Air [P, Azura]

Postby SpringsSong » 03/01/2015 6:11 PM

Yes I fail at titles at the moment. 8U

ImageImage

Airabetta, 996e47 -- Idralden, 242c17

"We've been walking for days, Brother," the young Carapace Paragon said, her wing-bones clacking together as she settled them on her back.  Indeed, they had walked for days--and the Windgill had carried his sister on his back when they had to fly over the sea, as she could not fly on her own.

"Indeed we have, Sister," the Windgill replied, towering over the Carapace.  "You're not getting too tired to continue on, are you?"

"I'm fine, Idralden," the Carapace said.  "I'm just wondering if we're going to find anything out there..."

"I think we may have found something, Airabetta," Idralden said, indicating ahead of him.  "I think I see some more Paragon on the horizon."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Re: Sea Air [P, Azura]

Postby Azura Rayume » 03/05/2015 10:44 PM

Sunlight made him lazy. No, that was a lie. Existence made him lazy. It was hard to find a day that Ravi wasn't laying around somewhere or paddling through the shallows or just plain sleeping instead of doing something constructive. Today was no different.

Today was a water day. The sands were warm, the water just a bit cooler, and the Ambia busied himself with blowing bubbles and chasing small reef fishes through the shallows. The bright flashes of color below him caught his attention for just a moment at a time before he finally gave up, resorting to long, low breaths let out under the surface for amusement.

A shape in the distance, most definitely not a fish or a dragon he recognized, caught his attention. He lifted his head slowly, colorful mane plastered against his neck, and squinted at it. Whatever it was, it would come over here if what it wanted was important.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/06/2015 10:52 AM

"There!  Did you see that?" Idralden asked, pointing off in the direction they were heading.  Airabetta squinted, and after a moment, she nodded as she climbed onto Idralden's back.

"I did see that," she said, looking over his shoulder.  "I can't say I've ever seen a Paragon with those kinds of colors... he almost looks like he could be a tropical fish!"

"Fitting, given the locale," Idralden said, making his way over to the Paragon.  Airabetta clung to his back and mane carefully, making sure that she didn't get dislodged from him if he made any sudden movements.  When they'd first arrived in Sa'fir, they had both inadvertently learned just how hot the sands could be, and how Idralden could jump and wince when it got to be too much.

"Hey!  Excuse me!" Idralden called out to the other dragon.  "We're, ah... uh, Aira?"

The land-bound Carapace had leapt off of her brother's back, carefully edging her way closer to the brightly-colored Ambia Paragon, her eyes wide as she looked at him closely.  After a moment, she spoke.

"My brother and I come from the Whisper Forest," she said.  "We've been traveling, hoping to learn more of areas around Evelon.  You're... the first Paragon we've seen since we left Whisper Forest."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 03/18/2015 3:47 PM

Ravi yawned and scratched his chin as the other dragons spoke. They were definitely foreign, but newcomers to the island weren't exactly something new. If they were hoping to move in, he would have to take them to Ripley and Zula, and that would be even more of a hassle than just a conversation.

The Carapace got a lot closer than her Windgill brother, and Ravi jerked back slightly. No one ever really got that close to him, physically, without wanting to smack at him almost immediately afterword. She seemed plenty friendly, though, and she had no reason to hit him since they had never met. "You're a long way from Whisper," he said lazily, glancing between the two. "Like, a really long way. It's a good place, though, especially if you can swim."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/18/2015 3:58 PM

"Heh, yeah; we've been traveling for... days," Airabetta said.  "My brother has it a little easier because of the fact that he can, you know... fly, and I, well, can't," she said, indicating her skeleton-wings with a lazy tilt of her head.  "It's a lot nicer here than it is in Whisper, though--not as misty..."

"Tsk.  Manners, my dear sister; manners!" Idralden said, shaking his head as he stepped forward, butting his head against hers affectionately.  "My name is Idralden, and this is my sister, Airabetta.  We left our clan in Whisper to explore other territories--"

"--find new places, meet new dragons, maybe make allies... or even find a place to settle an offshoot clan from our clan back in Whisper.  But, we'd need the approval of our clan leaders before any sort of split like that happened," Airabetta said, offering a smile as she sat on her haunches, still looking at the brightly-colored Paragon.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 03/18/2015 5:36 PM

Ravi glanced between the two of them as they spoke. Perhaps it came from being siblings, that whole finishing-each-other's-sentences thing. He swished his tail in the water and waited for a moment as they threw quite a bit of information at him- clans, exploring, names. If he gave them a moment longer, they might start to walk him through their whole life stories at this rate.

"Idralden, Airebetta," he repeated, pointed to each of them in turn before pointing to himself. "Ravi. If you moved out here, you wouldn't need flight wings. As long as you can swim, anyway." He rolled his shoulders and flexed his fins as if to show how true that was. Many of the dragons who lived here were flightless, whether that be because the had some kind of frill or lacked any kind of wing entirely. "I dunno about a whole 'nother clan, but we might have room for a few new faces?"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/23/2015 12:26 PM

"My sister is a little overeager in her assessment of our situation," Idralden said plainly, butting his head against his sister's affectionately.  "Our own clan is large, but the leadership is far more interested in forming alliances as opposed to seeing a younger generation split away--with our clan still recovering from the journey from Tengel to Whisper."

"But that was before we were born," Airabetta said, tilting her head.  When Ravi remarked that there might be room in their clan for a few new faces, her head tilted to the other side, her blue eyes glimmering as she said, "Well, I... that's not a bad idea.  Living with this clan for a short time, that is.  There have been Paragon that have come to live with our clan to see what life is like there.  Raloi's the only one that's stayed, so far... and I'm sure Mother would say that this would be a good learning experience for us, right?"

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/07/2015 5:33 PM

Did they... did they really want to move here? Ravi shrugged, indifferent as to whether they actually did move in or not. They might take a while to adjust- from the sound of it, the clan they came from was much more structured than this one- but they could manage. Even if it was just a temporary arrangement for the pair of them, they could probably find somewhere to fit in.

"Well, uh, do you wanna talk to Ripley? He and Zula are kind of in charge of stuff like dens." He cocked his head at the pair, still not sure what they were doing. Either way, it didn't concern him much in the end, just the immediate future if he had to take them somewhere. "If you're gonna try living here, anyway. You're free to visit if you want, otherwise, I guess."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/07/2015 5:59 PM

"Is Ripley your clan's leader?" Idralden asked, but Airabetta (who seemed a little more excited about the matter) cut in, giving an eager nod of her head.

"Sure!  We'd love to talk to them--if it's not too much trouble, of course, that is," Aira said, her wing-bones clacking together as she collapsed them against her back.  Idralden could not help but roll his eyes; this sea air was making his sister act like a hatchling that was barely beginning to grow into her helmet-shell that had too much energy for her own good.

"Aira, you must get a hold of yourself," the Windgill said to his sister, leaning down to whisper in her ear as best he could.  The Carapace glared up at the Windgill, simply sticking her tongue out before turning to look at Ravi again.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate