In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Space is like an ocean right? {P, Me & Azura}

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/01/2015 8:55 PM

The ghost of a grin crept onto the Timelord's face as he stared out across the beach. Now this was somewhere he'd never seen before! Funny-the old him would have been certain that after being stranded on this tiny planet so long, he'd have seen everything. It was nice to be proven wrong.

Pulling off his shoes (and socks) he took his first tentative steps across the dark sand. Ever since his encounter with a particularly nasty race of sandsnakes, he'd been a bit cautious about beaches. But that was a long time ago and this sand was gorgeous, if not a teensy bit hot. Make that very hot.

"Ouch!" Emitting a sharp yelp, he rushed across the sand towards the cool comfort of the sea. So much for his usual dignified air. Sadly Timelords weren't immune to burns. Oh, who was he kidding? This place was wonderful but he'd been here far too long. He missed travelling, he missed the excitement of not knowing where he was going to end up, he missed not having to walk everywhere! And that wasn't all he missed. Company...even in his space-travelling days, his company had been more constant than it was now. And how pathetic was that? No matter what, people seemed to keep getting away from him. Or him from them...

{4/5, 59, 11)
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Re: Space is like an ocean right? {P, Me & Azura}

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/01/2015 11:29 PM

Finally! Months of searching, of asking strangers in every town she visited if they'd seen that strange, rambling man, finally paid off. Someone had seen him in a nearby town just hours ago and thought he was headed toward the beach, and Robin had instinctively followed. What exactly she wanted with him escaped her; the last time they had met, they drank coffee, he explained what he was, and then he vanished. Just... gone, almost right out of the cafe.

Robin ran down to the sands, huffing with the exercise and trying to ignore the protesting muscles in her legs. This was important, and fatigue be damned, she wasn't going to miss him again. She sucked in a breath and scanned the shoreline, quickly picking out the only figure in sight. He, or they, it was hard to tell from here, was a ways off, but she wasn't about to let the distance stop her. She needed to catch him before he managed to get away again.

She took off, kicking up dark sand with each footstep, brow furrowed in frustration. She drew in another deep breath and cupped her hands around her mouth as she ran. "Darrian!" she shouted, as loud as she could, breathy with exertion and desperation. He wasn't escaping this time, not if she had anything to say about it.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/02/2015 8:11 PM

Having his name called was nothing new. Actually, it was something he was quite used to and very often his life depended on interpreting it right. He froze at the sound, waves gently lapping at the hems of his trouser legs. Usually the cries fell into one of two categories-angry or scared. Well, the voice certainly wasn't scared which was good. They also didn't sound angry, at least not 'I'm-going-to-kill-you-with-this-deathray' angry. What they did sound was oddly familiar.

Turning his head, his face lit up as he spotted the figure racing towards him. Now there was a blast from the past! He didn't think he'd ever see her again, especially not after he abandoned her for a second time. Not that he'd wanted to of course. But even without his TARDIS, things were still difficult.

Or maybe you just keep making excuses for yourself

Ignoring the voice, he waited until she was close enough before calling out with a grin.
"Hello again."

{5/5, 60, 12)
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/03/2015 11:58 AM

Hello? Was he serious? Robin skittered to a stop in the sand before stomping up to him, huffing. He baffled her, this weirdo spaceman; he was even pleased to see her! Part of her wanted to be happy about it as well, but he was just so... inconsiderate, leaving her life that. She balled her hand into a fist and tensed her arm before doing the one thing she could think of.

She punched him in the arm, hard.

"'Hello?'" she yelled, hoping to scare him a little. "That's it, 'hello?' After you just up and leave me like 'I'm an alien, here's your coffee, toodles, bye?' You can't do that to people, Darrian."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/03/2015 8:47 PM

Ouch!

Rubbing his arm, he took an automatic step back. It didn't seem like she'd swing again but he couldn't be entirely sure. He should've seen that coming really. To be perfectly honest, he probably deserved it. Okay, maybe definitely deserved it. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he glanced down at the sand with a sigh. It wasn't often he had to face up to his choices in such a direct way.

"I...I know. You're completely right. I'm sorry. And I'm sorry for trying to pretend it didn't happen. I was just happy to see you and I didn't think," He forced himself to meet her gaze, "I didn't want to leave you."

Oh great apology there. No explanation, no elaboration, nothing.

This, ironically, was precisely why he left in the first place. He was somewhat alarmed by what a relief it was to see her actually. Of course, he'd known she'd been special at the time but he was surprised to find out how much he'd missed her. It had been a very long time since he'd had someone to miss

{1/5, 61, 12}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/04/2015 10:51 AM

She was still angry, but watching him flinch so hard calmed her slightly. Robin's hands twitched with the urge to hit him again, and she grabbed his shirt before pulling him into a hug, face buried in his chest. He had run out on her, left her alone to try and find him for months. She shouldn't be reacting like this.

"Stupid scarecrow man," she muttered, holding him close so he couldn't just up and vanish on her again. Somewhere deep down, she was relieved he hadn't wanted to go, but that still left her confused. "If you didn't want to leave, then why did you?"

For months, she had been looking for him. Months of her friends telling her he was just some jerk or maybe not even real. Months of awkward questions and just misses. Months of wondering just what it was that she had done to get him to leave so completely. Evelon was a big place, at least to her, but she had searched the whole thing to find him, and now... Now she had him and needed him to explain, just to make sure she wasn't wasting her time.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/04/2015 6:24 PM

He shut his eyes when she pulled him towards her, readying himself for another punch. Instead he got something far more pleasant. Hesitating briefly, he gently put his arms around her. The guilt he felt was overwhelming. How could he let this happen again? He held her for just a few minutes more before releasing her, sighing at her question. It was one he hated to answer but she deserved the truth at least.

"It's difficult for me to stay around people. My lifestyle means leaving a lot and I guess it's easier to just go than to keep saying goodbye. I know that's not fair but usually my life is pretty dangerous. Only this time I can't really leave. I mean, it's complicated. I've never been on one planet for so long and I'm finding it hard to adjust. I left you because...I had to find something." Okay, so he'd chickened out a little at the last minute. Sure, trying to find his TARDIS was why he'd kept on journeying all over Evelon. But it wasn't the only reason he'd left Robin if he was being 100% honest with himself. Staying in one place was harder on him than he cared to admit. He was starting to feel attached

{2/5, 62, 12}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/07/2015 5:06 PM

He hugged her back, to her surprise. Robin had expected him to stand there and accept it, not return the gesture. She managed to turn her head enough to press her ear against his chest long enough to catch the twin beats of his two hearts before he let her go- the sound still fascinated her, just as foreign and amazing as when he had first told her.

She pulled back and crossed her arms over her chest, staring at him with a mix of disappointment and confusion. "You still should have told me," she grumbled, glancing him over. "For someone who likes answering questions, you sure do have a hard time trusting people. Also, I remember telling you that I didn't care how dangerous your life was." She sighed and shook her head. "If you're looking for something, you could have asked for help. Honestly, Darrian." She had a sneaking suspicion he was still holding something back, but she wouldn't be able to weasel it out of him quite yet.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/20/2015 9:06 PM

He couldn't help himself, he chuckled at that. She had a point about his trust issues. But it was less about not trusting her and more about not trusting himself. How on Evelon was he supposed to guarantee her safety when he had no idea what was out there?

"Yes, you did tell me that. But just because you're willing to be put in danger doesn't mean I'm willing to be the one who puts you in it." He sighed, scratching his head. Should he tell her what he was looking for? At this point he couldn't deny she certainly deserved answers. And knowing about his ship couldn't result in too much harm...right?

"But since you're here, I guess you might as well know what I'm looking for. Only that's complicated too. Big surprise," he flashed her a grin, fully aware he was probably irritating her to death, "Do you remember me mentioning my spaceship?"

{3/5, 63, 12}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate