In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Re: Imaginary Friend Buddies at a Seaside Bar [Me and Isalyn

Postby Isalynne » 12/19/2015 9:48 AM

This explanation was far more somber than Niamh had expected it to be. Her jolliness faded into quiet, stoic introspection and a degree of fascination. Or rather, she was fascinated, until the aspect of demonic possession came into play. Suddenly, she wasn't quite so interested any more.

Maybe it was to do with the fact that she herself was a demon in some degree - perhaps people would not consider her to be as evil as those spirits with no corporeal form, because there was a clear moral compass within her that they did not have. It didn't matter, though; it was still hard to hear about something that she was closely related to, something that she was intrinsically with no choice in the matter, causing havoc in the lives of the otherwise innocent.

"Oh." There was nothing more eloquent to say. Niamh turned her own face away, one hand reaching up self-consciously to finger at the ridges along her horns. She knew of others like her who could hide the outward appearance of demonhood and appear perfectly human. Never had she ever wished to be able to do it more. "Maybe I'm not the best person to talk to after all."

Being self-conscious was not a feeling that was familiar to her, but a rush of desire to disguise her slit pupils and her oddly mottled skintone was rising in her chest uncontrollably.

"What.. a terrible thing."
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1615
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/19/2015 6:20 PM

"It was terrible," Amsterdam agreed. "But Bell... Bell is the one I have to thank for getting me out of it. They wanted the people they possessed to not realize that they had a demon possessing them, a demon bound to assassinate a specific person. The queen of a rival kingdom. But I knew. I heard." His voice cracked slightly.

"...But I was stronger than it was. I'm not sure if it became Bell, or if Bell left in to fill the void. But I forced the demon's voice out. And Bell appeared in its place."

He was quiet for a moment.

"...No, Bell still doesn't feel like explaining himself. But Bell... I can trust Bell. When I first heard Bell instead of the demon, I thought maybe the demon had changed tack. That he was trying to manipulate me to be close. But Bell... it's hard to explain. Sometimes Bell makes suggestions that... that I don't think someone trying to take advantage of me would make. Bell cares."

He paused again, his eyes closed as if he was listening intently.

"...Bell says that he appreciates your sympathy," he said.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Isalynne » 12/19/2015 7:46 PM

All of this had come about because of Daimhin's absence.

If Daimhin had been there, she would have stopped Niamh from drinking so much. She would've kept her entertained enough so she wouldn't have even noticed the stranger; perhaps they might have gone to play in the water in true nymph fashion and that conversation would never have happened. Alas, she wasn't there. And this was just damn miserable.

"I'm glad ye found a friend in him." She said meekly, swirling her cocktail around in her glass and staring bleakly at it. It would be amazing if a portal could open up from the spinning liquid and materialise in front of her so she could jump into it and never again return to that blasted bar. Chance would be a fine thing. "No worries. Us demons, we're a terror, right?"

It was intended as a joke, but it sounded an awful lot drier and more bitter than she had anticipated. Niamh knew she had no right to be that way, and scolded herself internally, but couldn't bring herself to correct it out loud. What had happened was truly horrendous. It was nothing personal to her as an individual. Nevertheless, the sting was felt. She forced a smile and raised the glass in his direction.

"Here's to good ghosty friends."
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/20/2015 4:32 AM

Amsterdam, whatever his other virtues might be, was not often very good at reading the atmosphere. Somewhat lost in his own fruity beverage, he didn't notice Niamh's dour mood. Instead, he desperately looked for an out from his own somber reminiscence. He seemed to be reliving his past an awful lot lately. What was it about odd girls that kept prompting him to pour out his life story? He couldn't say he was attracted to any of them. This girl in particular was too young for him by far. Maybe he just had a vulnerable spot in his heart for grumpy and sarcastic women.

He spotted an unusual comment she made and dived for it. "A demon? I can only assume you're speaking metaphorically, madamoiselle. And if you are, I think that's a bit of a foolish thing to think. Just because you've had a bit much to drink tonight doesn't make you a bad person. Although it is possible you're not speaking metaphorically..." His eyes drifted off, and it was clear his ramble was as much directed at Bell as it was at her. "That would explain her spiritual sensitivity. And it, too, would not automatically make her a bad person. After all, Bell, I haven't ruled out the possibility that you're the demon that possessed me. After all, demons are often called upon by others to do their dirty work. I can't imagine you wanted to possess me any more than I wanted you to posses me. It's entirely possible we're both victims of circumstance..."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Isalynne » 12/20/2015 9:25 AM

Niamh had to laugh, there was no other option. It definitely wasn't a matter of being self conscious or defamatory. Sadly for her, she was definitely not hallucinating her lineage or her abilities. Her cocktail was disappearing rapidly the more nervous she got - somewhere in the back of her mind she conceded that she'd need to pee if she continued drinking at the speed she was. Were there even any toilets around there? Would she have to pee in the sea? A grim thought. Daimhin would smack her for it.

"Not much of a metaphor, my friend! Lookie here." Her small hand reached up to wrap around the curve of one horn and tug, yanking her head more dramatically to one side than she had anticipated. Pretending that it wasn't painful was harder than she had thought it would be while intoxicated. "I'm demonkind! Maybe.. not as naughty as those ones who flit arond with no bodies. But it stands, ya know. I'm all kinds of naughty."

"My name's Niamh, by the way." They never had introduced themselves - they'd just fallen in the deep end and somehow gotten into this very convoluted situation. "What's yours?"
Isalynne
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/04/2016 3:37 PM

((Sorry for the wait, and thank you for your patience! I've had a bad case of the Crimble busies, but all that's done!))

Amsterdam chuckled as she grabbed her horns. "Well, I thought it wrong to assume based solely on one body part. You could be part Yingshee or Albie. All kinds of things have horns. But you've made yourself quite clear now." He sighed, his breath tinged with the scent of alcohol. "That suggests to me that Bell isn't a demon, or at least, isn't one any more. I'd think you could communicate with him directly if he was. Or maybe you couldn't. Either way, I'm not bothered. Regardless of what some might think, I like to believe that any creature that can think and reason is capable of choosing its own path, even if others believe it to be inherently evil. You might be brought up one way, but you can still question."

He extended a hand to her. "Call me Amsterdam. Amsterdam Rudolphus is my name. I honestly don't know what appellation Bell prefers as his family name, but if you're being formal, you may call him Bellisario.   I suppose we might call him Bellisario Rudolphus for legal matters, though he's never gotten jury duty, to the best of my knowledge."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous