In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

But I hate sand! [Quest, Self]

Postby RiDragon » 01/26/2017 12:14 AM

"Barp!  Barp!"

"Yes, Chompie?" The girl at the other end of the Chombones' leash murmured, kneeling down to give the odd skeletal creature a pat on the head.

"Barp!"
The creature bit down on her finger, causing her to drop the leash.  She cursed loudly as the little thing bounded away.

"Why'd ya do that?"  She yelled after it, trotting at an even pace in the direction he had went in.  She knew the creature could have easily broken her hand if it had wanted to, but it still hurt a helluva lot.  Plus it kinda hurt her feelings too!  She had cared for this little thing since she had found it as an egg, and thought she had a good relationship with it.  She pouted, but pouting turned to confusion as she looked down at her shoes.  Black sand?  Oh Gods, how far have we walked?  Are we seriously at...

"Yip!  Yipyipyipyipyipyip!"

No time to worry about that now, sounds like the cheeky little devil was in trouble!

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: But I hate sand! [Quest, Self]

Postby RiDragon » 01/26/2017 12:22 AM

"Yipyipyipyip!"  The tiny Chombones barked, seeming more frantic every second.  Crap, I hope it didn't run into something dangerous.  Ri never was a big fan of beaches, too much sand, it just.. got everywhere.  Hated how it felt, plus there were always way too many people around.  And now her dumb little companion ran right into the middle of one of the more popular black sand beaches.  The sand wasn't making it easy for her to run after her little friend, and she was already exhausted and panting.

Eventually she saw a shape in the distance...  Her dumb little Chombones was yapping at a very annoyed looking Sygriff.   Chompie kept trying to bite at its tail, yipping each time the griffon-like creature batted him away.  Honestly, the creature was quite patient.  It lazily looked up at the teenage monster trainer, as if to say "is this yours?"

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/26/2017 12:29 AM

"Er... Sorry.. Dude."  Ri said awkwardly, scooping up the little menace before it could dive at the creature's tail again.  It barked in response, but luckily didn't bite her this time.   "Ugh, you stupid little thing, imagine if you had bothered something big, like a Battleheart or something?  What would I do then, huh?  I didn't bring anyone that could fight one!"

The creature yipped angrily, as if offended by the notion that it could be bested by any enemy.  Ri rolled her eyes and secured his collar back on, making sure she had a good grip on it this time before putting Chompie down.  She looked back up at the Sygriff, rubbing the back of her head awkwardly.  "Um.. Thanks for helping me catch him, I guess.  Uh.. Sorry he tried to.. eat your tail and stuff.  

The Sygriff gave her a funny look, perhaps confused at the human that was talking to it as if it were a fellow human.
"Uh.. Sorry, I always assume you guys understand human speech, I mean, why not be polite, right?  Haha.."  She was feeling more and more awkward by the second. Oh jeez, I can't even talk to creatures right.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/26/2017 12:36 AM

The Sygriff regarded her with a side eye, as if judging her silently.  It slowly hefted itself up, bits of pepper colored sand sticking to patches of feathers on its belly.  It tilted its head at her once more, before letting out a loud caw and taking off into the sky.

Ri let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding.  That was kind of stupid of her, just nonchalantly talking to some random wild monster.  She was lucky it hadn't attacked her right there.  She looked down at her Chombones and shook her head at it, giving his leash a little tug.  "C'mon Chompie, let's head home.  We really shouldn't have gone out so far without any protection."

Chompie growled in response, though she couldn't tell if it was in reaction to having to leave or the implication that he wasn't good enough protection.  It, of course, resisted the tug on the leash, trying to pull in the opposite direction to deeper into the coast.

"Aw.. c'mon Chomps, we really can't just stay..."  She was cut off by a large shadow circling above.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/26/2017 12:41 AM

At first she had assumed that it was the Sygriff making sure they were leaving... But.. Of course, she was wrong.  Horribly, horribly wrong.

"CREEEEEEEEE"  

"Ooooooohhh No...."

The giant creature swooped down and Ri threw herself to the ground, barely missing being decapitated.  "Just my luck we run into a Turkezilla who randomly decided this Coast was their territory now..  I didn't even think the damn things lived here.."

The creature hit the ground with a thud, spraying black sand into the air.  It sniffed the air, heavy breath filling the area with the stink of rotting meat.  It appeared to not have good eyesight, but it's not like that really mattered if it could smell.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/26/2017 12:48 AM

"Grrrrrra!"  The Chombones yanked itself out of her grip, (again..) to run at the giant turkey creature.  "Chompie, no!"  Ri yelled, cursing the stupid things courage.  It never listened... The darn thing.  But.. Man, it was loyal as heck.  Willing to kill itself for it's master.  She tried to scrabble herself up to try to help her pet, but a sudden weight on her back crashed her back down.

The Sygriff was holding her down, hissing lowly in a defensive manner.  Ri panicked for a second, thinking that perhaps it was paired up with the Turkezilla to share a meal of me, but I realized what it was doing after a few seconds.  The large creature seemed to be completely blind and didn't have a great sense of smell, it hunted via vibration and sound.  The Sygriff was keeping me down so that I wouldn't expose myself.  But....  Compie...!

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/26/2017 12:52 AM

Almost as if in response, a blurry blue shape slammed itself into the side of the Turkezilla.  What was that?   She attempted to focus her vision, and finally saw it:  A beautiful Dreamsnare Sygriff, standing with its chest puffed out in all of it's glory.  It's eyes glowed dangerously, staring down the Turkezilla.  Though, the beast couldn't see its glowing eyes, it certainly felt the power behind the Sygriff.  It backed down slightly, growling lowly, before trying to charge at it.  The Sygriff effortlessly dodged the attack, not even having to use its time altering powers to dodge the slow beast.  It almost seemed to smile smugly.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/26/2017 12:55 AM

The Turkezilla tried to take a cheap shot at the Sygriff, throwing a huge talon at it.  But, in a sudden twist...  It was Chompie!  He was latched onto the Turkezilla's leg, his species' legendary jaw muscles latching onto the creature hard.  It roared angrily, and tried to bring it's second claw down onto the creature, but the first Sygriff of the common color was on top of the Turkezilla before it even got the chance.  I was now able to stand, but just continued laying on the ground, in awe of the battle taking place before me, and quite proud of my little Chompie too!

The Dreamsnare Sygriff circled around the Turkezilla, seeming to be planning its next move.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/26/2017 12:58 AM

In a flash, all three, including Chompie, attacked the Turkezilla at the same time, causing it to caw out in pain and confusion.  Maybe it had thought it was only fighting one creature the whole time?  It seemed that way.  It was completely thrown off and confused, and seemed to regret its decision to try to eat the human that had wandered into it's territory today.  It spread its wings and pushed itself up, powerful muscles propelling it into the sky.  It was over, the creature was gone.  Phew..  That was scary.

She finally got up to go to thank the random creatures, but then remembered... Chompie!  Chompie was still attached to the Turkezilla!

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/26/2017 1:02 AM

In a flash of brown and white, the common Sygriff darted up into the air.  It was much faster than the Turkezilla, who was desperately flapping to try to get it's heavy body to stay aloft.  But the Sygriff didn't care about the Turkezilla, it had its sights set on the Chombones helplessly attached to it's wing.  It shot passed the Turkezilla, slowing down time around it and effortlessly grabbing Chompie from the wing of the creature, taking with it a few feathers and some skin.

Chompie seemed immediately thankful to have finally gotten back to the ground, barking gratefully at the Sygriffs and hopping around happily, trying to eat the feathers that the Turkezilla left behind.

"Thanks so much you guys!"  Ri managed to choke out, as she almost started crying thinking of her Chombones getting hurt.  She scooped him up into her arms and hugged him, though he wiggled in protest.

The two Sygriff bowed to her, and seemed to want to join her party of monsters.  Awesome!  New family members were always welcome.  "Now... Let's leave the darn beach..  I really hate sand..."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate