In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Dark Blue [self]

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/30/2017 3:45 AM

[OUT OF UNIVERSE - Voltron Universe]

Lance really wasn't keen on this whole 'split up' thing.

He was, of course, just fine on his own. He was Lance McClain, pilot and Blue Paladin extraordinaire! The last thing he was worried about was himself. Now the other four, that was another story. (This was, at least, what he was telling himself.) They worked best as a team, after all - how many times had that been pounded into their skulls? Yet, here he was, stepping out of Blue onto black sand with no other paladin in sight. Each of them had been given very specific instructions, a location to land on the planet, and repeated reminders that they had to do this alone.

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Re: Dark Blue [self]

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/30/2017 3:46 AM

It was an important bonding exercise, Allura had said, between lion and paladin that they each would have to undertake. Glancing back at Blue, perched on a stone platform with glimmering eyes, he had to admit he wasn’t so sure what she’d meant. Bonding exercises with their lions usually involved, well, their lions. Not traipsing down some vague trail with little more to go on than ‘trust your lion’. He exhaled, a sharp sigh that sounded more like a wordless complaint than anything else.

“Alright girl, what am I doing?” he asked, one hand on his hip as the other gestured dramatically. A couple of ticks went by, nothing happening. “...Blue? Buddy? Pal?” Again, nothing. She merely stared down at him, eyes glimmering. Was it his imagination, or was she laughing at him? His shoulders dropped. There was never anything easy about this, was there?

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

“Okay, okay, I get it,” he sighed again, this time to let his breathing even out. “Feel the bond with your lion.” He closed his eyes, letting his heartbeat and breathing steady. He focused on Blue, on how he felt when he was flying with her. What it had felt like to find her the first time. Like a wave breaking, Blue’s vision keened into his, sending him swooping across the black sand beach and twisting into a cove before flicking out. A purr still rumbled in the back of his mind, quiet reassurance as he grinned.

“Gotcha. Thanks, girl.”

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

It was difficult not to get lost in the scenery around him. The rich, volcanic sand crunched under his feet as the waves lapped around him, wind whistling through the cliffsides that surrounded him. It reminded him of Varadero, despite the strong contrast in color. It was the feel of it, he supposed. Something about it all just… felt like home.

It brought back a surge of memories that were powerful, and not altogether unwelcome. He could remember the summers spent running and laughing with his siblings, playing in the sand and the waves until they all came scrambling home, drenched and sandy from head to toe.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/30/2017 3:49 AM

Part of him wanted to just lay down in the sand and relax. Relive a couple of those childhood moments, as if he were back home again, impossible as it was. He crouched down, drawing fingers through the damp sand, grainier than the silky white of his home beach. The waves lapped at his feet, teasing him to wade in and forget his worries, if only for a little while. Hadn’t he earned, after so long?

A nudge in the back of his mind convinced him otherwise. Blue’s voice rumbled through his head, understanding, encouraging. He glanced back at where she was perched, and he could almost swear her eyes were pinpointed at him. For a giant mechanical space beast, she looked more peaceful than she ever had. Alright. Keep going it was, then.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/30/2017 3:50 AM

This beach was long. Like, really really long. Lance wasn’t sure if the atmosphere was throwing off his depth perception or something, because he definitely felt like he should have been at the cove faster than this. He hauled himself up the larger rocks with a huff. Quiznak, it couldn’t be much farther than this, could it? Allura had told him exactly where to set Blue down. If his end goal was halfway across the planet for some reason, and not even remotely close to this beach, he was going to scream. Heck, at this rate, he’d probably scream anyway.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/30/2017 3:51 AM

“Okay,” he huffed, finally reaching the opening in the rocks that lead into the cove. “Okay, Lance. You got this. You’re the Blue Paladin, defender of the universe, wooer of lady and lord alike. You’re awesome.” His burning legs did not seem to agree, and he paused at the outcrop to catch his breath. Pulling off his helmet and running fingers through his hair, he looked back across the beach, admiring the setting once more. He leaned back, listening to the waves against the rock for a few more heartbeats before returning his helmet to its place and traveling on.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/30/2017 3:51 AM

The rock was damp, almost slippery, on the inside. Lance almost fell twice, swearing far from under his breath as he barely caught himself each time. Moss and algae grew thickly in the cavernous space, thriving in the damp environment. The cove was small, the only visible entrance the one he had just clambered his way through. Most of the light trickled in from the circular opening at the top, beams scattering across the body of clear, blue water moving within.  From the outside it had looked wind-worn and natural, but as he examined the walls and ceiling around him, Lance began to think it wasn’t the case.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/30/2017 3:52 AM

The carvings were eerily familiar. It took barely a heartbeat for him to recognize the patterns sprawling around him from the cave where he’d first discovered Blue. It was a moment he had committed dearly to his memory, after all, but the more Lance looked at the markings, the more he began to realize - they were also different. He squinted at them, tilting his head in thought as he studied them. The ones back in the desert, while clearly lions, had also looked very clearly like the machines themselves. They had shown the joints and plates that made up the great beast’s form. These, though, just looked like… like lions.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 01/30/2017 3:52 AM

Brow furrowed, he reached out to touch the markings. His fingers had barely grazed the surface when they lit up in bright blue, making him jump just as much as they had the first time. He stepped back as it lit up the space around him, his gaze following the light across the small, enclosed cove as it traveled. As his eyes followed the last trail of light, he froze.

Sitting perched on a stone pedestal, yellow eyes watching him with a steady, knowing gaze, was a very live, very real, lion.

It was blue.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..