In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Re: Waking Up... In Paradise? / I Hate My Life [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/05/2020 10:03 PM

Oh, this was rich. Without even questioning it, she had accepted that as her name.

But when she asked his name, and he tried to answer, his godly name did not come out. Instead, it felt like his throat was burning inside and being constricted. "P-Pown," he choked out the name that his twin had bestowed upon him, and the horrible sensations went away. He grimaced, and she looked even more confused.

"So, Toxic and... Pown."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/05/2020 10:16 PM

She had repeated both of their names, at least as she now knew them. "That doesn't... sound bad." While she knew enough what Toxic actually meant, she didn't have the understanding that wasn't a common sort of name at all. She didn't remember naming conventions or anything like that. And, honestly, his name had the same sort of feeling as hers did. So it seemed fine.

The man sighed in his annoyance. His only solace was that her new name was ridiculous, too.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/05/2020 10:18 PM

It was finally then that the woman, Toxic, tried to do more than just sit up where she had been lying, even though she didn't know why the man was sighing.

She tried to force herself to stand, the same way that he was, but she found that her legs felt weak and shaky. When she managed to stand up, she lost her balance, and she instinctively stepped forward, toward Pown, and grabbed onto his arm to support herself and prevent herself from falling.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/05/2020 10:20 PM

His instinctive reaction to her sudden touch was to pull his arm away from her grasp, but when she stumbled even more, looking entirely shocked that he would do such a thing, he grabbed her shoulders with each of his hands and stopped her from tumbling to the ground. He helped keep her upright, pushing her back into a proper stance.

And, before he even realized what he was doing, he asked her, "Are you all right?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/05/2020 10:22 PM

She didn't understand why he would pull away from her. Maybe they weren't that close? So it was shocking to her. But she didn't have much time to feel that way, since he grabbed back onto her and helped her stand. Perhaps he just didn't like to be touched, in general?

"Y-yeah. I think so," she answered his question that seemed to show that he was at least concerned for her. "Thank you. I just feel... pretty weak."

[Wild Pet Found]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous