In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Shell Collecting (Solo)

Postby Ariento » 04/10/2020 5:36 PM

A thin sliver of golden sun just was just barely visible over the horizon, giving off just enough light to illuminate the famous black sands of the beach. This early in the morning, the beach was empty, save for a few dedicated joggers and two women carrying baskets.
"You know I hate swimming, Vale," the taller of the two women began as they walked on the beach. "So I don't know what you expect me to do here." She wore a solid pale pink tankini and had a pair of sunglasses perched on the top of her head.
Ariento
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 130
Donate

Re: Shell Collecting (Solo)

Postby Ariento » 04/10/2020 5:41 PM

"Relax Dulce, I didn't bring you here to torture you," Vale replied. She wore a dark blue floral print one piece bathing suit, and a pair of goggles hung around her neck.
Vale gestured at the beach. "See the high tide line? I want you to look for seashells there while I look for them underwater. That's why I wanted to come so early in the morning, before all the other shell gatherers come and snatch them up."
Ariento
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ariento » 04/11/2020 3:16 PM

Dulce adjusted her grip on her basket. "So we're dividing the seashells equally, right? I get to pick some for jewlery, you pick some for your collection, and we sell the rest and split the profits."
"Of course!" Vale replied. "I wouldn't do it any other way! You're my friend, after all." With that said, Vale walked briskly towards the shoreline, and Dulce focused her eyes on the debris scattered about the high tide line.
Ariento
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ariento » 04/11/2020 3:22 PM

Vale placed her goggles over her eyes, adjusting them to make sure they were on perfectly. Then she ran into the waves, and dove into the deeper waters. The water was clean and clear, and the tiny woman scanned the ocean floor for empty shells. Tiny fish flitted about, shimmering in the sunlight. Vale spotted something unnaturally colorful, and swam over for a closer look. Bright sea glass was scattered around, a terrific find that Dulce would surely appreciate.
Ariento
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ariento » 04/11/2020 3:30 PM

Dulce spotted the rainbow shimmer of a shell's inner lining in the debris, so she got down on her knees to take a closer look. Two halves still stuck together, open wide like a butterfly's wings. The inside was a pale rainbow iridescence, while the outside was a dark unassuming brown. This was a rare find that would go great in Vale's collection. Dulce carefully picked it up and gently placed it in her basket.
Ariento
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate