In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

Re: Fruits of Labor (Open)

Postby Jedi » 11/25/2020 9:58 PM

His hand touched her so quickly that she wasn't sure if she'd imagined it, but to her surprise, he had already started running away. Reversing course was hard to do in the water, but she managed to do it. Though Melanie hadn't realized it, it was obvious that he was taking it easy on her, otherwise, she wouldn't have be able to tackle him. "Gotcha!" she exclaimed as she practically bowled over him.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/25/2020 10:02 PM

Walter had just started running backwards to check how close Melanie was to him, when he felt her body practically bowling into him. As he lost his footing, he instinctively grabbed onto her, pulling her down with him so that they both went underwater together. He quickly righted himself, pulling her up with him.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry Melanie!" he exclaimed, worried that he would have upset her. "Are you okay?"

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Jedi » 11/25/2020 10:08 PM

Melanie had found herself underwater, her equilibrium a little thrown off. When Walter pulled her back up, she found herself coughing up just a little water as she burst in a cacophony of laughter. She barely heard what he said, but didn't so much care anymore. She was finally able to let loose and have a little fun. She answered not with words, but by tackling him again, splashing and nearly wrestling him in the water.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/25/2020 10:14 PM

As soon as he realized that she was having fun, Walter realized the danger he was in. He tried to move away, but this time she was too fast for him. She tackled again, and once again he went under. This time, he came up laughing, splashing and wrestling with her playfully.

They played in the water for probably an hour or so, chasing after one another and dunking each other under the water. Once they both started to get tired - and had both drank their share of salt water - Walter held up his hands. "Okay, truce!" He shook his head, still laughing even though he was gasping for air. "You are one feisty little lady, you know that? Oh, and that's a compliment, just so you know. You sure gave me a run for my money."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 11/25/2020 10:28 PM

She once again coughed a bit of sea water with her breathless laugh. She pulled his outstretched hand to help get herself standing again. "Truce," she agreed. She walked with him to the sandy beach. "You've got plenty of energy to lend. I don't get to have fun like that, so I guess I'm getting my fill now." Melanie sat down on the sand, not too far from her hat and dress, then patted the spot next for Walter to sit also.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/27/2020 6:28 PM

Walter sat down in the spot Melanie directed him towards, shaking his head and sending droplets of water flying. When he turned to face her, he was grinning. "Ya know, havin' fun is actually an art form. And it just so happens to be one that I'm a bit of an expert in. Maybe I could give you a few lessons while we're here, so that you'll be able to continue 'the art' when you get back home."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 11/27/2020 9:47 PM

"Well, the only art I'm use to is gardening." She wiped off the drops he'd sent her way. "I think I could pick up a few more art skills." She laid back on the sand, taking in several long breathes. She was probably too tired to do anything requiring physical exertion. Melanie sat up, and turned to him with a playful grin. "What did you have in mind?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/27/2020 9:53 PM

"Gardening is definitely an art form," Walter agreed. "But since we're far away from your garden out here, I was thinking we could do something requiring a bit less physical labor." He gestured towards the outdoor bar that was situated towards the edge of the beach, close to the resort building. "How about we get a bite to eat, maybe a drink or two? Once our energy is back, we can explore this place and see what sort of fun things they have for us to do."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 11/27/2020 10:12 PM

Melanie looked back toward where Walter had gestured. The bar he'd spotted was just about opening, and there were only a couple customers already at the bar. That left plenty of open space among the two dozen wicker barstools. "Oh god," she expressed. "I haven't had a drink in at least a couple years. So long I forgot what it tastes like." She rolled up, trying to stand on her own. "I'm game."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/27/2020 10:15 PM

The man's eyes widened. "Really? I mean, not that there's anything wrong with not drinkin', I'm just surprised is all." He scratched his head for a moment, thinking. "We better make sure you only have a weak drink, then. I wouldn't want you to end up in a dangerous situation now."

He offered her a hand as she stood, and then began walking with her towards the bar. "I bet they got frisbees or somethin' around here," he said. "Or beach volleyball! Have you ever played? It's a lot of fun."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 11/27/2020 10:37 PM

She took the helping hand up, only letting out a small grunt. "I'm sure I can handle my liquor. I haven't had a drink in a while, but I'm sure I'm still good."

The thought of playing any kind of sport sounded fun, but only after she rested for a bit. "Maybe in a little while. We could just see what they have for now." She sat at the bar, and called the waiter over. "Can I get a bowl of chips, some salsa, and two shots of rum, and..." She turned to him, "do you want anything?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/12/2020 3:12 PM

"If you say so," Walter said, chuckling slightly. He wasn't going to pretend that he had any authority over the woman. If she wanted to drink, she had every right to do so. He would just make sure that he remained in control, so that he could ensure that she was safe.

He had been expecting her to order something fruity, like most of the girls he had hung out with briefly during this vacation. So when Melanie ordered rum, Walter's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Uhh, I'll have the same thing she's havin'," he said. "Oh, except can I get some of those caribbean boneless wings, too? Thanks." Looking over towards her, he grinned. "You've gotta try these wings, they're really good!"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/13/2020 6:34 AM

She wasn't the type to order something just because it was expected because of her gender. She knew what she could handle, but she just hadn't drank in a while. "My father taught me how to drink. I'm use to whiskey, but I've tried a small variety of different drinks." The chips came quickly, as they didn't take long just to pour in a bowl. The same could be said for the salsa. "I'll try some wings, if you want to have some of my chips." She nudged the bowl to where they could share, then snatched one of the chips. It made a detour for the salsa bowl before she brought it to her lips.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/13/2020 6:37 AM

"Like they say, sharin' is carin'," Walter joked, reaching for her chips. "I'll try to remember not to double dip, though. Sharin' chips and salsa is one thing, sharin' germs is another." He personally didn't mind, but he didn't want to assume that she was okay with it. At least she wasn't a germaphobe, or she wouldn't want him touching her food at all.

It took a bit longer for his wings to come out. Walter had finished his shots by the time the food was set in front of him, and his stomach growled at the delicious smell. "Here ya go," he said, passing the plate over to Melanie. "You can have the first bite, seein' as you haven't tried 'em yet."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous