Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Postby Kyrit » 10/01/2007 9:27 PM

"Now." his words ubruptly(heh.. bad spelling. >>) cut through the air, a soft smile spread across his pale lips. "I want to to go ahead and lay down first. You feel rather feverish, so I want to make sure that everything is alright." Turning away, Rukaj moved over to a cabinet to pulled down a few different things. A thermomiter, stethoscope, as well as some medicine that they usually used for the younger patients since it tasted a bit better then most. It could still be used for adults, but just needed a stronger dosage.

He glanced back at Darian and spoke out, "If we don't get that fever to go away and you get worse I'm not going to think twice about using an injection since they work better."
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1635
Donate

Darian [16]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/01/2007 9:33 PM

The young doctor smiled, and did as bade, lying in the cot, flat on his back. He closed his eyes. Sighed. He could feel that something wasn't right with him, but he'd let Ru take care of him. It felt better that way.

"As you wish." he said quietly, opening his eyes then closing them again.

He felt awful. No headache - yet - but the beginnings of one. He was cold, then hot, then cold again. It was starting to get bad enough to where he didn't feel like getting up at all. And now that he didn't HAVE to, the feeling was even stronger.

"You know I'm ok with needles, just so long as I don't see them coming."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/01/2007 9:39 PM

"Well I'm not as good as you are when it comes to hidding needles from others..." he muttered, a bit envious of the Fellox's talent. He slid the thermomiter between Darian's lips, slipping it under his tongue. "Now just stay still while I check things out..."

Waiting for the beeping to sound, he slipped on the stethoscope, placing the cold, metalic peice down upon the chest of his ill friend. What the heard wasn't exactly what he had been hoping for, the beating rather irregular. "Dare... I think you should have let me check this out sooner.." Now the sound of the beeping. The tiny instrument read 101.2, not the best of signs.

The medication was poured within a tiny cup, incriments written on the side to let them know if they were putting the right amount. "Here.. drink this and hopefully it'll at least bring down the fever.."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [17]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/01/2007 9:50 PM

Darian remained quiet while his friend - and he hoped more - listened to his heartbeat. It WAS rather irregular, and probably worried the Doom Kitty no end. It was also far too hard, and far too fast. The result of sleep deprivation. He took the medication without a word, and closed his eyes again, head lolling to one side on the cot's pillow. He was breathing heavily, and most of that was due to a mixture of his illness and his serious shortage of restful sleep.

"Ru.... can you stay with me?" he murmured.

He didn't care if Rukaj figured out that he had a crush on him. It didn't matter to him right now. All he wanted was to get some sleep, and to be sleeping in the arms of someone he trusted, and not alone.  
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/01/2007 9:58 PM

"Of course silly. I told you that as long as you'll get some rest I'll do anything." Everything was put away before the doom kitty came back, sitting down on the edge of the cot, facing Darian. "I really wish there was more that I could do... but I think what's most important is that you actually get some sleep."

His fingers ran across the fellox's cheek, brushing his bangs behind his ear. "I promise I'll stay here until you wake again. Once you get up I want to check that heart of yours again. I don't don't the sounds of what I heard. Something could seriously be wrong, worse then just lossing a bit of sleep."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [18]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/01/2007 10:04 PM

He really wasn't paying attention to much around him, or even his own body. Aside from wanting to collapse then and there, he felt absolutely fine. Hearing his friend's concern, he chuckled softly, shook his head, and sighed.

"Alright, Ru. If you think so. I mean, we're both doctors here, right?"

He offered a wan smile, and curled over, tucking Ru's hand against his cheek for a moment, then letting go, as he slipped into oblivion. He was fast asleep, and nothing was going to wake him up.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/01/2007 10:08 PM

Rukaj let out a soft sigh, glad to see Darian finally resting. He worked too much... it'd truely be the death of him one day. Standing up, he left the cot for only a few seconds in order to grab a very light sheet. Once he had that he would allow himself to lay next to the sleeping fellox, sheet spread across their bodies that now lay only inches, or rather centimeters, apart. His silver pools stayed open, watching his dearest companion in worry and fear. He didn't know what he's do if he lost Darian.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [19]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/01/2007 10:18 PM

The young fellox's breathing began to slow, and his body to relax by increments. The final result saw Darian's arm drape across Ru's shoulders, and completely go limp. Rukaj could move it if he liked, and Darian probably wouldn't budge. He literally hadn't slept in days. Always up, always doing something. Coffee had become his staple. It was most definitely a possibility that what Ru had heard in his heartbeat was a result of sleep deprivation. But on the other hand - there was also the possibility that it was not, and was something far more serious. Only time would tell at this point.
Darian didn't snore. But he did dream. And his body had been deprived of that for so long, he fell almost-immediately into dreaming. And not good ones from the sound and feel of it. He unconsciously clung to Rukaj as though he'd never let go. It was unclear WHAT he was dreaming about, therefore, but clear as day that it was scaring him badly.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/01/2007 10:23 PM

He disliked hearing Dare's discomfort, being pained just hearing him in his sleep. Knowing that there was little he could do, Rukaj just stayed there on the cot. He wiggled his body a bit closer to the other male, his arms holding onto him gently and his head resting on his chest, able to slightly hear the beating of his heart.

Unease continued to spread through his mind, begining to think more and more that the irregular beating of Darian's heart had nothing to do with lack of sleep. It was tearing at him mentally to know that pretty soon he may have to do more then a simple check-up on the fellox.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [20]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/01/2007 10:31 PM

Darian's heartbeat was racing and pounding. Fear compounded the problem  in a major way. Not only could the other HEAR his heart, but hear it well. And hear it start to falter. Skipping beats randomly. Seconds passed with no sound of a beat, only for it to start up again faster than before. He shivered and trembled, holding tight to the Doom Kitty in an attempt to get away from the dreams plaguing him. He dug his fingers into the shoulders he gripped, not meaning to hurt but probably doing so anyway. It was probably a little scary to Rukaj. Seeing something like this happen in someone else, or reading about it in a textbook was one thing - Having it happen right before your very eyes to your best friend was quite another.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/01/2007 10:37 PM

His eyes were whirling, glazed over with tears that wished to push forward although he wouldn't let them. A small wince slipped through his lips, the pain barely even that of being pricked with a needle. He could easily handle physical pain, but he was becoming rather torn mentally.

"Dare, wake up." he back softly, just giving him a light shake. Rukaj was infact a great surgen, but thruth be told he didn't know much else in the medical field. The thing that he knew the least about was now a great problem. He had only been a doctor for about a year or maybe a little more, and hadn't come across too many heart problems yet.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [21]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/01/2007 10:43 PM

he Bleached Fellox opened his eyes, and blinked sleepily up at Ru. Then, what was going on in his chest hit him with the full force of fury. He started gasping for breath, hands clenching at Ru's shirt with a white-knuckle grip. He couldn't speak, as he was too busy trying to suck air into his half-starved lungs. Looking up at his friend, his eyes said everything he needed to say. He wanted to know what the heck was wrong with him, and why he couldn't breathe. His whole world was that one question. He slumped weakly against his friend, and rested his forehead against Ru's shoulder. He didn't even have the strength right now to sit upright. What was wrong with him?
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/01/2007 11:01 PM

A flurry of questions began spilling through his mind, tearing him apart inside since he had the answer to none. What was he going to do? He couldn't just let his friend die, at their own clinic at that! It wasn't a heart attack.. Darian would have been able to know that himself. Many different things floated about his head within seconds, trying to come up with something.

There had been something in one of his books about heart murmurs.. He didn't know too much about them. It came to him within a few seconds though. 'Click-murmur' were the words that came to mind, and that was basicly what he had heard in the fellox's heart beat. There was medication, but that didn't always work.. It was better to try some medication first before jumping right into heart surgery though.

He would then lay Darian back on the bed, looking into his eyes. "Listen... You have to stay here. I'll go grab what I need and be right back. You're going to have to be extremely still when I give you the injection though."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [22]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/01/2007 11:08 PM

Darian went limp almost the moment he was laid back. He didn't respond to Rukaj's order, because he couldn't. He was out cold, unconscious. On the other hand, with a heartbeat that erratic, it wasn't exactly a big surprise. He was already exhausted, and that added to a sick body... Unconscious wasn't that much of a problem, to be truthful. Ru would just have to make sure that the Fellox woke UP. THAT might be a bit of a problem. Better to let him sleep for now, though. He needed the rest, and it would make things far less of a hassle when it came time to actually administer the injected medication. So far, this day had gone from bad to worse in the space of - literally - a few heartbeats.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/01/2007 11:16 PM

He made quick with grabbing what was needed, but made sure to take the time to make sure everything was at least disinfected and he had on gloves. Within moments the needle slid within the pale skin of the male fellox. Rukaj had undone the top few buttons of his labcoat to get toward the shoulder, letting the medication get as close to the heart as possible. "This should work for now... but it's not going to fix the problem forever. At least it'll give me a day or two hopefully to figure out how t fix this for good.. if not I've got a few hours at the most."

He had an idea that would work rather well, but he needed Darian's approval since it would require surgery. For now he should be able to relax though and the medication should have been able to help slow his racing heart. If not... there was always the defibrillator.

Quite the luck he had for now. It didn't have an imediate reaction, but after a few moments sild by Dare's heart began to slow, beating at more of a normal pace. Rukaj let out a soft sigh and let his body lay at rest once again, head resting over Darian's heart. Within the hours to follow this would give him a chance to make sure that nothing further went wrong. So far, so good. "I'll have to talk to him about it once he wakes..." he muttered to himself, thinking about his idea that could possibly solve the problem for good, although it would cost a bit of money.

Idzuna was still strapped down to the bed, his dreams of the past nearing an end. There was no telling how much longer he'd sleep, but the IV had finished and he had surely gotten a good bit of rest. If he woke up alone in the room he may end up finding a way to get free.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext